• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Surely Özil is one of them. :lol:
“Keep going like that and you’ll wind up with a broken back Kieran”
gonzalo-galvan-131103b.jpg

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Either ESPN or the Indian lad clearly worded in a way to cause outrage.

By commitment they are obviously talking about the aggressiveness or the physicality during training and not the intensity. As we've just seen with Martinelli, it's perfectly reasonable that no one wants to risk being injured by a gimp in training just because they can't turn their game seven mode off.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Big, big fan of this lad... As long as he's not breaking legs in training, a little aggression and competitive edge is no bad thing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m seeing all kinds of articles of how amazing this guy is and how’s he’s so down to earth and no frills.

The way the media go into overdrive when they see a white boy knuckle down and quietly get on with his football is kinda nuts.

I see no reason for crunching tackles in training tbh, glad he’s toned it down.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Indeed, admittedly he’s a breath of fresh air and he’s doing his thing. He’s clearly got LB sewn up and Ive loved what I’ve seen from him so far, but yeah it’s a bit overboard.
We’ve had humble, try hard, consistent players before.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I’m seeing all kinds of articles of how amazing this guy is and how’s he’s so down to earth and no frills.

The way the media go into overdrive when they see a white boy knuckle down and quietly get on with his football is kinda nuts.

I see no reason for crunching tackles in training tbh, glad he’s toned it down.

Keep playing the race card

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal was always regarded as one of the fittest teams under Arsène and often out ran the opposition in the latter stages of game. Remember it being commented on by commentators on numerous occasions

say yes

forum master baiter
Arsenal was always regarded as one of the fittest teams under Arsène and often out ran the opposition in the latter stages of game. Remember it being commented on by commentators on numerous occasions
Yeah, he revolutionised fitness and dieting in this country when he first arrived here. Also helped that we signed some amazing physical specimens.

As is always the case, the other teams caught up quickly though. I’m not sure there’s much between any of the top clubs fitness wise anymore. All invest massively in sports science.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There isn’t, but the point was that just because guys aren’t getting crunched in training, doesn’t mean they are not intense or fruitful.

Wenger was always a fan of short but intense sessions and yeah, we were one of the fittest teams around before pressing became the norm at the top end of the table. No need to lose your legs in a routine session that’s not what they are about.

If my career got cut short or I face a spell on the sidelines cause of the enthusiastic new kid I’d be fuming, I don’t really get the angry responses.

say yes

forum master baiter
There isn’t, but the point was that just because guys aren’t getting crunched in training, doesn’t mean they are not intense or fruitful.

Wenger was always a fan of short but intense sessions and yeah, we were one of the fittest teams around before pressing became the norm at the top end of the table. No need to lose your legs in a routine session that’s not what they are about.

If my career got cut short or I face a spell on the sidelines cause of the enthusiastic new kid I’d be fuming, I don’t really get the angry responses.
Who said Tierney was crunching people?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Who said Tierney was crunching people?
ESPN say that several stars asked Tierney to tone down his aggression and tough tackling in training and save it for games with fears he could put some team-mates at risk of injury.

ESPN apparently.

Tbf when I saw the headlines I assumed it was tough tackling, you don’t think players would cry cause he’s training too hard do you?
Wouldn’t put it past them but yeah I don’t think there’s a need to do that in training myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom