• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I love how your idea of "street smarts" is behaving like pricks. It's streets alright, but nothing near smarts.

You don't need such shenanigans to be a tough, resilient team that intimidates opponents. None of those shenanigans mean anything in and of themselves - if anything they lose you points when you get caught, make refs more prejudiced against you and obviously you lose respect points from a sportsmanship standpoint as well, if you care about that. What made us a tougher team back then was our physical presence, effort level and mental resilience, not the ****housing. That was a by-product of tense situations.

I don't want no Andoni Goikoetxeas being proud of breaking the opponent's leg, no Vinnie Joneses wreaking havoc for the sake of wreaking havoc, no Diego Costas or Sergio Ramoses being absolute ****s on the field. We don't need that, we need toughness and effort. Tierney, for one, seems to bring that to the table.

Tell this to Ferguson's Man Utd or any Chelsea team. I can't count the number of times those pricks employed the "dark arts" and got away with it. This was exemplified perfectly by Paul "never learned to tackle" Scholes.

I'll take this time to point out that it is us who the refs are prejudiced against. This prejudice is regardless of what we do.

Vieira and the like ? Same lol Arsenal always cheating, bunch of thugs, etc etc.

The new era under Fabregas? Oh Arsenal are a soft touch, they need someone like Vieira in there.

The difference is back in Vieira's day we could stand up to the biases of the referees and media. Now we can't. I will never stop being amazed at how we used to be castigated from pillar to post for having the likes of Vieira, Keown and the rest in the team. Only to be lambasted for not having any tough guys anymore

Our club is a perfect example of the man, the boy and the donkey fable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All this stuff, you are aware that Tierney is yet to display real sh*thousery yet right?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

All this stuff, you are aware that Tierney is yet to display real sh*thousery yet right?
as a fan base lots of us take throwing pizzas and grabbing throats as ****housery.

I dont think many understand what football ****housery is.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tell this to Ferguson's Man Utd or any Chelsea team. I can't count the number of times those pricks employed the "dark arts" and got away with it.

I know people/teams have historically employed disagreeable behavior on the pitch - I mentioned some of them myself.

My point is, what made us intimidating back in the day weren't the "dark arts". It was our physical presence, our effort level and our mental resilience. We did employ the "dark arts" at times, but they were a by-product, and not any less disagreeable than when someone else did it.

Had dark arts been the needle-mover, Joey Barton would've been considered a great midfielder.

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I dont think any of them enjoy the ugly side of the game in a British sense. 2hich was what I latterly said. Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Walcott, Jenkinson.

Nacho Monreal and Koscielny I'll happily admit as two continental style players who mixed it up. I still think Koscielny was mentally weak.

I had genuinely forgotten about Brexit till I read this post!

In all seriousness, Le Coq was about as old school British style midfield terrier as is possible in the modern game

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I dont think any of them enjoy the ugly side of the game in a British sense. 2hich was what I latterly said. Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Walcott, Jenkinson.

Nacho Monreal and Koscielny I'll happily admit as two continental style players who mixed it up. I still think Koscielny was mentally weak.

Gibbs is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Arsenal I'm not sure why you're naming him. Wilshere, Ox, Walcott are barely rough and tumble type players, fragile af.

Monreal is classes above all those players you just listed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gibbs is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Arsenal I'm not sure why you're naming him. Wilshere, Ox, Walcott are barely rough and tumble type players, fragile af.

Monreal is classes above all those players you just listed.
Exactly my point.

To find a British based player who liked the rough side of the game and was a decent footballer youre going beyond them to someone like Campbell. Even the players listed (Monreal, Koscielny and Sagna) were signed 7, 10 and 13 years ago.

Give me 11 Ray Parlours over 11 Mesut Ozils.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

In this country they were eating fried mars bars and drinking beers before games, Wenger had to come and civilise and develop English football from the ground up.

It’s like when the moors came into Europe and taught the locals how to clean themselves.
And yet United get the free penalties and 50/50’s are more 90/10 against us.

The British still can’t forgive that a mainlander had to come and teach them the ways. Island mentality.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What are people complaining about? That one of our players is being praised in the media? Bizarre. :lol:

Think the issue is the media are mainly praising him as a way to make the club look bad, people will defend their club, even when right or wrong.

Regards to Tierney, one of the best signings we could make, character wise he is exactly what we need.

Regards to training, don't care how players train if i'm honest...what they do on matchday is what matters.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think the issue is the media are mainly praising him as a way to make the club look bad, people will defend their club, even when right or wrong.

Regards to Tierney, one of the best signings we could make, character wise he is exactly what we need.

Regards to training, don't care how players train if i'm honest...what they do on matchday is what matters.
Spot on

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
So far the most noteworthy thing he's done is come to a game with a tesco bag. Why are people talking about steel, dark arts and **** when he's not shown any of it on the pitch?

Great lad who is completely focused on football and doesn't care about the city life, top stuff but I couldn't give less of a ****. I only care what he shows on the pitch and he's only been decent so far, mainly because of his unfortunate injury laden season. His performance at LB have not been any better than Saka's when he was playing there, yet because he fits a certain profile the British media love they are acting like we've got the Scottish Maldini. Which could end up being the case hopefully, but he's got it all to prove still.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Alright performance, much tougher test today and stood up OK. Shouldn't have been marking Audewiereld (I've butched his name there lol) but I can forgive him for that. If I can nitpick, should be crossing a bit earlier sometimes. Doesn't always need to push it to the byline to get a good whip. Saka perhaps would have been better in those scenarios.

His next game should be left side of the 3 man defence if we stick with 343.

Hooplehead

I thought that was pretty pish today from KT.

For me KT is at his best when he's overlapping, Aubameyang was never available for that today and even when he is he's more likely to turn and go at the defence than play a one two.

Always said his biggest weakness is in the air which is why the lcb role is not a good idea.

LB with a winger in front is how to get the best out of him.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He shouldn’t play wing back, doesn’t have the dribbling and overall attacking skills other than crossing (which is great)

In the current set up he’s best suited to play as the LCB with Saka playing wing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom