Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 8, 2019.

1. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

Probably more "Aye, yer a fe**in' wee magic c**t" judging by my time staying up in Glasgow

2. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

Tierney is a classic 442 full back who needs someone near him to combine with. Not skillful enough for WB, and not big enough for CB.
    Though a large part of the issue to day was him getting the ball with no teammate within 20 yards of him because our cack CB's need baby sitting the whole time

krengon, Hunta and Macho like this.
  3. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Tierney is at his attacking best with quick inter changing football. Him being stuck out wide and isolated means he can only run the line. While that's fine in some games it wasnt today.

We either switch to a back 4 or switch him for Kolasnic in the 3.

Red London and El Duderino like this.
  4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Not a great game but not entirely his fault. Agree with everyone who says he’s a classic 4-4-2/4-5-1 lb who thrives off overlapping.

The way our fullbacks are playing is very frustrating. Must be on instruction or is it just me? They tend to join midfield instead of bombing forward and combining with our “wingers”.

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Product of an imbalanced squad.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

There Many time today he refused to cross the ball and i find it frustrating because he has good delivery

Shalmaneser V likes this.
  7. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

Bit too robotic at times. Loves to run the ball out of play and needs to look up more. Often he just whips the crosses in when there’s no one even in the 18 yard box.

krengon likes this.
  8. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

looks like he dribbles with his head down lol.

9. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Saw a few times when he got space and there was nobody in there and he was getting annoyed. He whipped in enough perfect balls to kill the game.

Hooplehead and bingobob like this.
  10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He was solid enough but has little to work with and a liability called Kola behind him.

11. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Hmmm he either dribbled the ball out of play or passed back to our defenders. Was hesitant to cross and when he did cross there was nobody in the box.
    Got outmuscled a few times as well, not to mention complete mismatch for the 2nd goal.

Was a bit rigid going forward and he doesn’t look up when dribbling, that will need to get coached out of him. I’m sure that’s partially unfamiliarity to a new team.

Was a tough game for him today tbh.

12. Hooplehead

Hooplehead Active Member

Agreed, he looked very frustrated with his options everytime he was on the ball.

13. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I couldn't understand why he was the one marking Toby. It has to be Luiz.

14. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Some very important interceptions along with xhaka so far

15. Marjorie

I fear pep will be putting this guy on a shortlist

16. Marjorie

What an assist for the second

17. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

Top left back, among the best in Europe

say yes likes this.
  18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Can’t believe he was ever doubted. For me you could see his quality immediately, even though it was against Derby you just knew we had a player there.

@bingobob Doesn’t miss when he truly rates a guy.

SteveEvets, say yes and bingobob like this.
  19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

the Scottish Philipp Lahm

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Cba for that idiot @Hooplehead coming in here saying he watched the game and how Tierney still isn't fully fit and the injury is still niggling him.

WHAT A MOTHERF*CKING GREAT PLAYER.