• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lassana Diarra

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: Lass

Bollocks. Diarra was ambitous. He felt he was better than being a sub, went to Porstmouth to get the minutes then got a move to Madrid. I think that deserves respect. Ballotelli is just an immature spoilt brat. No comparison at all.

Diarra is class. World class ball winner and an underrated passer. I think he's better than Song. He's quicker and more mobile which is exactly what we need.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Excellent player, no way he would come here to play in a rotation, no way Wenger would break his re-signing players rule to bring him back.

Not happening.

qs

Established Member

jus2nang said:
qs said:
He's not better than Song. A good season for Pompey is about all he's ever achieved.

He is better than Song. Song only has 2 attributes that are better - size and strength. Nothing else.

Lass has only 2 attributes that are better than Song - Dolphin impressions and running about aimlessly.

patrick42uk

Established Member

I like Song, but he's immobile. His fitness improved in the last few seasons but he doesnt have the natural stamina that a proper ball winner needs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

As long as he wants to play for Arsenal, then I'm all for it.

He'd walk into this team on his hands ahead of Song. His performances for Madrid suggest he's actually improved since he left us too. I'd love him back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

patrick42uk said:
Bollocks. Diarra was ambitous. He felt he was better than being a sub, went to Porstmouth to get the minutes then got a move to Madrid. I think that deserves respect. Ballotelli is just an immature spoilt brat. No comparison at all.

Diarra is class. World class ball winner and an underrated passer. I think he's better than Song. He's quicker and more mobile which is exactly what we need.

I missed your post. Had I seen it, I wouldn't have bothered with my two cents. Bang on the money.

Floating

Established Member

I'd probably rather have Scott Parker, who would be cheaper, and a positive influence in the dressing room, rather than a negative one. That said, either would complement our team well and could help our defensive game a lot.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Song isn't immobile though. He has 2 very good feet which can help him get out of dangerous area very well and protects the ball well too. I like Diarra alot, but if you want me to compare Song and him, it would be hard to seperate them.

Floating, I think Parker will command a fee of around 10-12m, which is what Real Madrid might want for Diarra as well

CandysRoom

Established Member

qs said:
He's not better than Song. A good season for Pompey is about all he's ever achieved.
He's impressed me most of the time when playing for Real. He's tireless, is a great tackler and looks to keep tempo high at all times.

He does the dirty job for Real well, but is not favoured over big names. Still an understated player.

He's the type of player we need and would quickly become a starter.

Whether we actually want him or he'd come is another matter though.

eye4goal

Established Member

Good player but I feel we need someone more disciplined. Diarra likes to play (too much at times) and is not really a holding player. I would definitely take him over Song though

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Remember those statements:

"I didn't learn anything from Wenger," he said. "All he taught me was how to doubt myself, how to doubt everything. Wenger never said a word to me until the day I left. He spoke to the others but not with me."

Source

Moaning about his limited chances at Arsenal.

He had burnt the bridge and hard to see him back as long as Wenger stays...

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Apart from the bridges he may or may not have burnt, it comes down to what we want from a player in that position. He's certainly more mobile than Song but is not as good a passer or as good in the air. It seems to be important to Wenger and indeed many managers to have a midfielder who can slot into CB if we're squeezed.

P_Gunner

CandysRoom said:
qs said:
He's impressed me most of the time when playing for Real. He's tireless, is a great tackler and looks to keep tempo high at all times.

He does the dirty job for Real well, but is not favoured over big names. Still an understated player.

He's the type of player we need and would quickly become a starter.

Whether we actually want him or he'd come is another matter though.

Lass was one of the reasons Real started playing much better in January 2009. He went in and immediately the team started to pick up and play better and his tireless running was one of the major reasons that happened. The man is simply a work horse. He works harder than Song, tackles better and is stronger. Who has better positioning could be argued but he is definitely better than Song and he has proved this.

Don't think he'd ever want to come back here though and Wenger would probably be unwilling to purchase him as well.

mistaT

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
Song is very immobile defensively.

100% agree, which is why he needs a runner next to him.

No surprise that Song's best form was when he played alongside Diaby who is quite good at cutting down space and catching players.

Song alongside Flamini or Parker would be great :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom