• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 25/02/07

beanz

RocktheCasbah said:
The fact that everyone agrees the main agressors in the situation were Fabregas and Lampard and both have escaped unpunished is surely up for question too.
And by the FA's standards of equably dealing with the incident, don't be at all suprised if Cesc gets a 3 match ban and Lampard gets a knighthood. :evil:
I'm with Arsène, screw the stuffed shirts in the "compliance committee"

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Re: re

Ginger_Reyes said:
Just seen the sky sports clip and Mr Wenger looks real mad. I don't think it will make one jot of difference regarding the FA Ade rap as they are a law unto themselves.

I liked this comment from Wenger though :"It is something that is amazing in England. You can kick people off the park deliberately, nobody is shocked, but you push somebody and the whole country is shocked."

That is so true. The Joey barton incident on Mendes a few weeks back was scandalous. Even Redknapp said Joey intentionally 'did' Mendes, and he didn't even get a caution for it. It just shows the double standards that the FA and refs now find themselves in.
They are a bunch of tossers. :x

Alfonso

Established Member
But Wenger should not bother asking about a rule change. Thats suggests we want the rules changed to suit us and gives fuel to the "whingeing Arsenal" muppets.

No, the big question is why referees are not applying the current rules in games against us. The rules are sufficient, it is the application that is getting towards the seriously dodgy. Why does there appear to be a 'one more chance' rule for our opponents which benefitted Essien, Tugay and Dunn in crucial games (and has applied numerous times against us) when it doesn't appear to apply to us (think Gilberto at St James' Park last year and Vieira on numerous occasions). The fouls per card stats are damning enough but what I would love to know is our opponents stats just for games against us. Blackburn had 15 fouls per card the other night and I reckon Chelsea werent a million miles away. We really need to start getting these stats out there because it has been happening over such a long period of time that it has become statistically significant.

The stats suggest our opponents are being permitted to use dirty tactics with a statistically lower chance of sanction which makes it a viable tactic.

****ing disgracefull. The FA have been found out. I lost respect for Wenger over the past two weeks when he put all his eggs in one basket, but this incident has rased his credibility for me. Go on gaffer! Sort these FA mugs out!

Tony Montana

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
I lost respect for Wenger over the past two weeks when he put all his eggs in one basket, but this incident has rased his credibility for me.

:roll:

Read the reading thread to see why i feel this.

I've read it. I can see why you would be bitterly disappointed at how Wenger has dealt with the Arsenal team selection and all of that but to lose respect for him because of it is a bit much.

dos1986

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
I lost respect for Wenger over the past two weeks when he put all his eggs in one basket, but this incident has rased his credibility for me.

I've read it. I can see why you would be bitterly disappointed at how Wenger has dealt with the Arsenal team selection and all of that but to lose respect for him because of it is a bit much.

Its a fair point alfonso makes,as Arsène tactically isnt the greatest and his job being incredibly secure doesnt help that.

Sometimes I too would like Arsène to put his hands up and say I made a mistake,Putiing Senderos at right back against blackburn.I made a mistake not playing Gallas instead of Phil in the Carling Cup Final.I made a mistake not having Henry on the bench in the final.I made a mistake not putting Reyes on earlier in the champions league final.

Tony Montana

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:

Its a fair point alfonso makes,as Arsène tactically isnt the greatest and his job being incredibly secure doesnt help that.

Sometimes I too would like Arsène to put his hands up and say I made a mistake,Putiing Senderos at right back against blackburn.I made a mistake not playing Gallas instead of Phil in the Carling Cup Final.I made a mistake not having Henry on the bench in the final.I made a mistake not putting Reyes on earlier in the champions league final.

What is that fair point Dos? It's a fair point to lose respect for Arsène? I never said suck Arsène's **** and never criticise him but it's still a bit much to lose respect for him for the last two weeks. So you had lost respect for Wenger too? If that is the case I take it you want him out as it's a bit weird wanting a manager you don't respect for making mistakes. We all make mistakes and it's bloody annoying i tell thee.

As for Arsène putting his hand up to apologise, how many other top managers actually do that? Maybe it's the right thing to do but you cannot say every time we lose it's because of Wenger. Many a time the players don't step up. I doubt Wenger saw it as a mistake to put Senderos instead of Gallas. That's just your preference. We wouldn't have suddenly won if Gallas was there. Henry not being in the final isn't such a huge thing is it? We were winning 1-0 and then drawing and we were missing chance after chance and bottling it in the final third. Henry has never scored in a cup final so it doesn't necessarily mean he would have scored against Chelsea.

Look, Wenger is tactically naive sometimes but to lose respect for him is over the top. You should respect what's he's done.

lagos

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:

Alfonso, I must weigh and say I too thought losing respect was way over the top, no matter your grievances over the past 2 weeks.

You apear to be a very passionate and emotional guy at least when it comes to Arsenal and you seem to wear your heart on your sleeve sometimes. With all respect ( i emphasise as i don't want to appear or mean to be patronising) but it doesn't aid your credibility when you swing between losing respect and gaining respect in a matter of events, as it leaves one with the impression that your comments may not be well considered but simply a reflection of your mood at the time. Look at it this way, if one can gain or lose your respect so easily, then you make it sound like your respect or lack of isn't a big deal

So take 2 breaths my friend :)

Alfonso

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:

Alfonso, I must weigh and say I too thought losing respect was way over the top, no matter your grievances over the past 2 weeks.

You apear to be a very passionate and emotional guy at least when it comes to Arsenal and you seem to wear your heart on your sleeve sometimes. With all respect ( i emphasise as i don't want to appear or mean to be patronising) but it doesn't aid your credibility when you swing between losing respect and gaining respect in a matter of events, as it leaves one with the impression that your comments may not be well considered but simply a reflection of your mood at the time. Look at it this way, if one can gain or lose your respect so easily, then you make it sound like your respect or lack of isn't a big deal

I understand your point, but its more of a case of two seperate incidents. Ok loosing respect is slightly strong thing to say, i admit that, but nontheless i have been left quite disapointed with his decisions of the past 2 weeks, and it is not a one off(see 'put all your eggs in one basket' version 2004). However, this FA incident is a whole seperate issue altogether. And i am pleased he is taking it this far, and having the balls to do it as well. So, my 'respect' for him as risen as a man, but not a manager if you like. And yes, there does not have to be a relation between the two, as im judging him purely on his managerial skills when looking at it from a footballing perspective. When you put Senderos as right back, you really have to question one's sanity. :wink:

p.s:It's all about wearing the heart on the sleeve. Makes the highs worth the lows. :D

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Alfonso said:
lagosgooner said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:

I understand your point, but its more of a case of two seperate incidents. Ok loosing respect is slightly strong thing to say, i admit that, but nontheless i have been left quite disapointed with his decisions of the past 2 weeks, and it is not a one off(see 'put all your eggs in one basket' version 2004). However, this FA incident is a whole seperate issue altogether. And i am pleased he is taking it this far, and having the balls to do it as well. So, my 'respect' for him as risen as a man, but not a manager if you like. And yes, there does not have to be a relation between the two, as im judging him purely on his managerial skills when looking at it from a footballing perspective. When you put Senderos as right back, you really have to question one's sanity. :wink:

p.s:It's all about wearing the heart on the sleeve. Makes the highs worth the lows. :D

You have to understand that Wenger is different to any other manager in the premiership, in that he's built a club from the ground up without the benefit of Maunure's or Chel$ki's massive financial advantage. Funguson is a top man manager to be sure, the last of the old school, but come on... 30 mil for Rooney, 28 Mil for Rio? I could go on.

So my point is that all Wenger really has is his philosophy about the way football can and should be played. He rarely puts it to one side, the 2005 cup final is the only example I can think of.

So he inevitably makes decisions based on football, rather than practicality or compromise. He could have put a "sronger" team out against Chel$ki (would it have mattered?) or he could have played a stronger defensive unit at Blackburn, but his moral/footballing compass told him that would have been wrong.

So he hasn't made a mistake, but he has learned a lot about this squads limitations, which will stand the club in good stead come the close season.

Keep the faith, man...

Arsène knows.

:wink:

Tony Montana

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
dos1986 said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:

What is that fair point Dos? It's a fair point to lose respect for Arsène? I never said suck Arsène's **** and never criticise him but it's still a bit much to lose respect for him for the last two weeks. So you had lost respect for Wenger too? If that is the case I take it you want him out as it's a bit weird wanting a manager you don't respect for making mistakes. We all make mistakes and it's bloody annoying i tell thee.

As for Arsène putting his hand up to apologise, how many other top managers actually do that? Maybe it's the right thing to do but you cannot say every time we lose it's because of Wenger. Many a time the players don't step up. I doubt Wenger saw it as a mistake to put Senderos instead of Gallas. That's just your preference. We wouldn't have suddenly won if Gallas was there. Henry not being in the final isn't such a huge thing is it? We were winning 1-0 and then drawing and we were missing chance after chance and bottling it in the final third. Henry has never scored in a cup final so it doesn't necessarily mean he would have scored against Chelsea.

Look, Wenger is tactically naive sometimes but to lose respect for him is over the top. You should respect what's he's done.

Happy now Dos for this apology?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ry+blunder

Alfonso

Established Member
Beany said:
You have to understand that Wenger is different to any other manager in the premiership, in that he's built a club from the ground up without the benefit of Maunure's or Chel$ki's massive financial advantage. Funguson is a top man manager to be sure, the last of the old school, but come on... 30 mil for Rooney, 28 Mil for Rio? I could go on.

So my point is that all Wenger really has is his philosophy about the way football can and should be played. He rarely puts it to one side, the 2005 cup final is the only example I can think of.

So he inevitably makes decisions based on football, rather than practicality or compromise. He could have put a "sronger" team out against Chel$ki (would it have mattered?) or he could have played a stronger defensive unit at Blackburn, but his moral/footballing compass told him that would have been wrong.

So he hasn't made a mistake, but he has learned a lot about this squads limitations, which will stand the club in good stead come the close season.

Keep the faith, man...

Arsène knows.

:wink:

Youve missed my point. Im not critising his values.

Im critising his decison making at crucial moments of the season.

He put all his eggs in one basket in 2004, when he focused soley on the Chelsea game, and this back fired as we lost to Man Utd, which killed off any momentum. Playing Aliadere instead of Henry against Man Utd was a bizare move.

The same thing happened this season, in the first Blackburn FA Cup game. By changing so many players, he effectively killed our momentum going into the PSV match, and it is no suprise we lost in Holland. And we have not won since.

Putting Senderos as right back is not to do with footballing values, but a poor managerial mistake. You have to differentiate between the two.

You can excuse all his mistakes by simply saying he has 'footballing values' or whatever jazz you want to say.

Gurgen

Established Member
Oh please Alfonso.

Us losing to ManU in that Cup Semi had nothing to do with Henry not starting. We created plenty chances, just didn't take them. And none of them fell to Ali so I don't get why you're getting so worked up.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If anything I'd say us losing that Man U semi final had a lot to do with Pires and Bergkamp missing unmissable chances in the first ten minutes of that match.

But yeah, if it's convenient to say it's because Ali started and not Henry, go right ahead..

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Decisions are made on the eve of the game. Lots of factors involved many of which are lost in the mists of time. All you remember now is that we lost the semi to utd and the CL game to Chelski.

Truth is we were knackered. If we'd have taken our chances we'd have beaten utd. I was there and couldn't believe we didn't score in the first 15.

Like all managers wenger makes mistakes but I repeat, he's (re)built this club. If you were in Paris in 95 you'd understand what I mean by this.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Surely SURELY the FA will hit Sp**s and a few of the Chelsea players harder than they did Arsenal after tonight's nonsense.

If they don't then Wenger's right and the whole thing is dishonest and STINKS.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
2 seconds mate, comes with practice after searching so long for 'Thierry Henry' ;)

There IS a search box in the top right hand corner you know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom