• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 09/01/06

RockyRocastle

Established Member
cubbz_th14 said:
RockyRocastle said:
Meek said:
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
Carling Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
White Hart Lane
Wednesday 24th January 2007. Kick-off: 8pm
This match will be shown live on SKY Sports.

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Carling Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Emirates Stadium
Wednesday 31st January 2007. Kick-off: 7.45pm

I am just hope and pray that both sets of support get big allocations. Says on the Sp**s site due to safety concerns etc we may only get the usual allocation instead of 5/6,000. If that happens, which it probably will I will be gutted.

But I just cannot wait for these two games now, I have wanted this to happen for years. 1987 all over again.

Brilliant game last night, gutted I didnt go. What a genius Wenger is. Anyone got any links to highlights?

don't have the full match highlights but you can catch the goals again - on left click on the carling cup link
http://www.verdensvevet.com/arsenal/

Cheers.

lagos

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Not a lot can be added to what's already been said really - a pretty great performance all-round really, from front to back.

Even the first two Liverpool goals were pretty great (the first the result of some superb movement by Fowler, the second a fantastic volley)...

Anyone else a little disappointed Theo didn't get to take the penalty though? Would have loved him to get his first...

yeah I thought as well it should have been given to Theo

Alfonso

Established Member
Man Utd's forum's opinion of our kids-

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=139544

"What impressed me the most was the attitude shown by these players. They didn't do a "we're not scared of you, we'll take you on" game, they went in there and played like "you're just another big team" and played their own game. They played like a unit. The players didn't play exceptionally well but I think they have the proper mental strength to perform at the top level. Football players have this weird thing of becoming star players between seasons. These players don't lack talent.. Denilson is the capital of the Brazil u-19 team, Traore(although I don't think he'll make it) just turned 17, Walcott has shown what he can do a few times, Aliadiere is finally finding his feet, I think.. I wouldn't write these players off this easily."

Phil

This is in the Liverpool Echo tonight. Read it and smile:

Arsenal's outstanding victory wasn't built merely on Liverpool's shoddy defending, largely non-existent goalkeeping and disturbingly inefficient all-round performance - although naturally that helps when you're in the business of humiliating a club on its own patch.

In reality, this was a massacre ten years in the making. Arsène Wenger dared to consider it his most satisfying moment in management, because he's seeing a forward thinking strategy come to fruition.

When a visionary coach is paired with a board which has the foresight and financial strength to ensure the manager gets the players he asks for, you're left with a squad as formidable as this.

Young, athletic, fast, technically gifted and hungry for success. Everything Liverpool, with half a dozen notable exceptions, are not.

seb_afc

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Meek said:
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
Carling Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
White Hart Lane
Wednesday 24th January 2007. Kick-off: 8pm

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Carling Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Emirates Stadium
Wednesday 31st January 2007. Kick-off: 7.45pm

I am just hope and pray that both sets of support get big allocations. Says on the Sp**s site due to safety concerns etc we may only get the usual allocation instead of 5/6,000. If that happens, which it probably will I will be gutted.

But I just cannot wait for these two games now, I have wanted this to happen for years. 1987 all over again.

Brilliant game last night, gutted I didnt go. What a genius Wenger is. Anyone got any links to highlights?

I really hope so. Sp**s away is already brilliant with what we are originally allocated. Give us the whole end, and it will be cracking. definetley going to this one. I'd rather have the second leg away though, just so if we do go through, we go through at Sp**s.

I just hope wenger puts out a strong team.

KingReyes

Established Member
Benitez having a whinge about Liverpool's youth setup.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer

"We know the players, we know the names. We knew about some of these players that Arsenal have signed, we had reports on them. But if you cannot pay six million euros for Diaby or Denilson, you cannot buy them."

Didn't stop you spending 6 million quid plus on ****e like Pennant, Crouch and Palletta just to name few didn't it now Rafa.

kamikaze80

Established Member
after just having watched the first half, i have to say the scoreline was flattering. baptista's freekick looked saveable (at the very least, i thought dudek mightve gotten a hand to it). dudek fluffed the corner on the goal to song, though calling handball for that wouldve been ridiculous. ali was offside for the cutback to baptista.

2-1 wouldve been fair at the half. but thats what happens when your reserve keeper isnt sharp.

walcott looked well off the pace, running with the ball when he shouldve been passing and needlessly giving away possession. i'm optimistic and any win at anfield is a great achievement, but the result should be taken with a (small) grain of salt.

bazza_afc

KingReyes said:
Benitez having a whinge about Liverpool's youth setup.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer

"We know the players, we know the names. We knew about some of these players that Arsenal have signed, we had reports on them. But if you cannot pay six million euros for Diaby or Denilson, you cannot buy them."

Didn't stop you spending 6 million quid plus on s***e like Pennant, Crouch and Palletta just to name few didn't it now Rafa.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read his quotes about us spending so much more money than them. He said this sort of things a few weeks ago and straight after the F.A. Cup games.

For the record, Liverpool's (F.A. Cup) side cost about £60 million and ours cost £36 million

marco

apparently michael jackson has asked rafa benitez if he can be his assistant manager....

so he can get spanked at home by 11 kids....

wish i had gone up there....
bring on the yids really hope we get 6000 in the away end at ****e hart lane it will be absolutely buzzing

Gurgen

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
after just having watched the first half, i have to say the scoreline was flattering. baptista's freekick looked saveable (at the very least, i thought dudek mightve gotten a hand to it). dudek fluffed the corner on the goal to song, though calling handball for that wouldve been ridiculous. ali was offside for the cutback to baptista.

Their goal was offside as well. It evens itself out.

They also didn't create anything as usual. I can't recall a single big chance for Pool in the first half.

N!

Gurgen said:
kamikaze80 said:

Their goal was offside as well. It evens itself out.

They also didn't create anything as usual. I can't recall a single big chance for Pool in the first half.

i thought Baptista's pass to Aliadiere was onside... looked like Warnock was playing Ali on.

Edit: And even if it was offside the Liverpool defence should ave played to the whistle. No stand around like a bunch of ****ing lemons waiting for Aliadiere to be flagged offside. Its the fundamental basics of football.

nidza7

Established Member
Can`t beleive the british press,all they talk about is how Liverpool lined up understrenght side and they played badly and blah,blah...

Noone praise our good game by even understrenght side at away game. ****in bollox

M+D

Established Member
Here we go again: (It's getting quite funny now :D )

"If Arsenal can play nine reserves and score six at Anfield, people should be asking why," said Benitez. "It's not because of one game, it's because of many reasons.

"There is a lesson for the whole of our club. That lesson is that if you want to compete at the top level you must be able to spend a lot of money - not only on your first team but on the young players and the reserves.

"My scouting department has done an excellent job but sometimes we go too slowly as a club to make signings we need.

"We need to work quickly. And when we do, there is not a lot of money. Arsenal spent £4million on Abou Diaby, £4million on Denilson, £8million on Theo Walcott and Julio Baptista is a £22million player.
"We had seven players with first-team experience and still we could not win."

Since when has Julio Baptista been a £22million pound player? He signed for Real for about £15m! And he has, of course, forgotten he played Steven Gerrard, who, of course, isn't worth more than an unfit and adjusting Baptista, is he! :roll:
And it was £2m on Diaby, I am pretty sure, £5m initial fee for Walcott.
Honestly, Benitez is just embarassing himself! :lol:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
rafa just feels stupid for buying pennant and get a whole dog sh*t from him.

furthermore, a portion of the fee paid to the brums was given to us 'cause it was written in the additional clause as the percentage received for next sale.

it's basically like this: rafa paid big money, got pennant, got sh*tted, brums got some money and arsenal got little money as well as big smiles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom