• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 03/02/04

Senght

Didn't think AW should give Reyes his first full debut today. He is constantly out of support. Furthermore his assets is his passes, not his goalpoaching abilities. AW is giving Reyes a hard time IMO

quattro

i dont think so. this was the perfect game for a reyes debut. and please, i know reyes is only 20, but he is no rookie to first team football. he came to this club to play and thats exactly what wenger gave him. so his first full match is a tragic one because of an overemphasized slip up... better now than in the league or cl. maybe im just as uninformed as anyone, but im sure reyes has had his share of losses where he's from. he's had his share of media ridicule as well. this is nothing. and if it is something, he will have the whole of arsenal around him to share the load, i dont think they will let him down. in the same effect i dont think he'll let the team down either.

roll on the wolves... god i feel sorry for them already.

Laxness

Arsenal shouldn't underestimate Wolves. I mean, they beat Inter 5-1 at the San Siro, but they draw Leicester 1-1.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If I recall Henry when he very first at Arsenal, he was not a superstar.
Like Henry ,Jose needs time to ajust.
I believe he will become a superstar with us

Webdesignlab

Established Member
the Sun "Reyes the Titanic" LOL

Oh well, welcome to England Jose.

Just put it behind you and score as soon as you can ... in the oppositions goal that is.

Chips&CurrySauce

Well its obvious that Keown is no longer capable to play at this level. Even before the sending off he was awful, he has got no pace left at all and I have a feeling that may have been his last game for us.
The defence was very poor al night. All of the threats came down our right, don't think Toure had a great game and Cygan was also poor. So many of their chances came about from our own mistakes at the back.
I think the midfield played well which is why we controlled possession but the striker found it difficult to keep hold of the ball, its obvious Reyes was played out of position.

Best 2 performers were Edu and Vieira. Edu looked like the player most likely to score and he came close with a couple of long range efforts and alsp played Reyes through for the penalty which we never got! So glad he wasnt badly injured because when i first saw it i thought he had broken his leg!

AlexH

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Well its obvious that Keown is no longer capable to play at this level. Even before the sending off he was awful, he has got no pace left at all and I have a feeling that may have been his last game for us.

Have to agree entirely on Keown. The only reason he got sent off (well, apart from turning his back on the ball!) was he knew he didn't have the pace he needed. Sad, but time has certainly caught up with him. Shame Wenger didn't play Toure at CB and use Hoyte at RB...then we could have played the enitre game with 11 men...

And Reyes was robbed of that penalty!

G00n3r

Keown was disastrous the old dog really is on his last legs. Cygan played well enough especially after the sending off as he was coping pretty much on his own but he is Mr Slo Mo! ;)
Bentley played ok but him and Reyes together looked a bit lightweight and was an extremely inexperienced front pairing.
Reyes played well showing good touches and had he left his feet down for the penalty it would have been given (but then we would have to listen to the diving jibes some more!).

The ref was piss poor letting Boro foul their way thruout the game.

As for Reyes 'own' goal i notice not one report mentions it was 50% own goal and 50% Parnaby's goal. The Sun (dontcha just love em) make it sound as if he rifled it into the net under no pressure at all.

Edu was f*ckin great! I think he should partner Vieira more.

I was devastated! :cry:
but the reserves/youth did really well to get us to the semis.
As for Reyes own goal, we all make mistakes, & he was totally gutted, feel sorry for the bloke, on the whole he was quite good, he won us a few corners too, shame he didnt get the penalty.
On a more postive note IMO that mishap will only make him a more determined player to prove himself not only to his new team mates at Highbury but also to us supporters and i wish him all the luck in the world.
All we going to hear now from other supporters is how Reyes scored for boro, but him with Henry will become an awesome strikeforce, especially when Reyes has had more time to settle in. :)
I also thought that the Bentley booking was underserved, Juhinio = asshole!

elsewhere (im a member of quite a few AFC forums!) 'so called' Arsenal supporters are calling it the worthless cup, just like fungie did,This is REALLY annoying! :x
It wouldnt be so 'worthless' if we had gone through to the final & won, would it?
At the end of the day its still a piece of silverware we have lost :( despite the fact its not as prestigeous as the League, CL or Fa Cup trophys'.

Im behind Bolton for the Carling Cup now! :lol:

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
although a reyes debut goal would be welcome....

remember the saying"Careful what you wish for, you just might get it " ;D :wink:

reyesog_ms.jpg

though gotta admit..great finish. :wink: lauren might be proud of that.

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
As might Gary Neville, eh Zain?

:lol:
perhaps..but on one's full debut..brilliant! :wink:
btw..i heard arsenal have to pay sevilla for the 1st few times reyes scores i think(not soo sure bout that fact) but if they do..does this time count. :wink:

A

Anonymous

If Ali was playing, or Keown had stayed on the pitch we would all be booking hotels in Cardiff right now.

For our youth/reserve team to get this far is a great achievement, and shows the depth of talent at the club.

It has been a great experience for our young players, and has been of great benefit to players such as Edu.

We outplayed Boro last night and had all of the play, we were just lacking a killer touch up front. But it is not the end of the world, it fact it doesnt matter at all. We have bigger fish to fry.

The reaction of the Boro fans at the end said it all. They acted like they had won the league, when really they have got to the final of the Carling Cup. A Bolton Boro final says it all about this cup.

Sol said:
The reaction of the Boro fans at the end said it all. They acted like they had won the league, when really they have got to the final of the Carling Cup. A Bolton Boro final says it all about this cup.

lol read in the paper today that if Boro win it'll be their 1st cup trophy for 128yrs! now thats shocking! :D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
ruud said:
lewdikris said:
As might Gary Neville, eh Zain?

:lol:
perhaps..but on one's full debut..brilliant! :wink:
btw..i heard arsenal have to pay sevilla for the 1st few times reyes scores i think(not soo sure bout that fact) but if they do..does this time count. :wink:

Well I got to say that this is a great bit of ammunition for all non Arsenal fans .. we had to expect it LOL.

It this was Manure or Chelski we would have been laughing our socks off. so we have to take this on the chin. Luckily Reyes will not understand any of it .. so no long term psyche LOL.

Oh well, we will all see what happens in the next few months when we win the .... we will have wait and see.

Still think that Keown did much more damage.

pamilih

Poor Boro. They need some recognition after 128 year, for heavens sake. Please let go and let them enjoy some moments of glory. Everyone deserves at least one.

That the kids gave them plenty of problems is the real good point here for us.

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm not one of those who will say its only the Carling Cup and oh well we got knocked out so who cares..
I was very disappointed that we didnt get through.. regardless of who we put out there, its still Arsenal!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom