• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 25/10/05

sabret00the

Established Member
Tegh said:
''our Justin Hoyte''

Did I miss something here, I thought he was on loan?
he's a big fan of justin and justin's been an immense player for them, it's with no suprise that the manager would get carried away and want the lad full-time.

marco

gutted i didnt go now! heard there were 48,000 people there, shows what can do when tickets are so cheap!

how many arsenal fans went up there does anyone know.
i went to the 2 manchester games last year not more than 800 or so for man city and couple of thousand for man utd!

Allyboy

Established Member
was at the game last night, was a really scrappy game in general but the heavy rain didn't help.

I would rate the players as:

Alumnia, 6/10: Had nothing to do really but what he did have to he did okay. Progress has been made then!

Cygan 6/10: His positioning at left back was awful but he made some excellent tackles. Him trying the Ashley Cole overlap just didn't work........ what a surprise!

Campbell: 7/10 Good solid performance from Sol, but was not overly tested.

Senderos: 7/10 Started a bit shakily but grew into a decent performance.

Eboue: 8/10: Really good game from him, looked so much more comfortable tonight, admittedly against lesser opposition that at West Brom. Scored a corker, defended well and got forward as well. I would classify him as Toure in 2002/2003, a great athelte but just very raw.

Quincy 5/10: Ugh, I was really disappointed by him. The guy has so much potential but he faffs about trying to do tricks when they just aint needed. At one point he was on the edge of their area and all he had to do was roll the ball into one of two of his teammates who would have been through on goal. Instead he tried an elaborate double/triple dragback and got tackled! He did have some good runs but he generally messed up the end product. Very disappointing.

Song 6/10: Looked better than against Everton but his passing was poor at times. However his tackling and work rate was very good and some of the stuff he tried was very inventive.

Mumamba 7/10: Looked like a mini Vieira, though not quite in terms of our former captains performances at the same age. Was very strong in the tackle and liked to play if about. He could have a future here.

Larsson 6/10: A very quiet but steady game from him, did a good pass to Van Persie for the 3rd. Understated but competant I would say.

Lupoli 5/10: He tried so hard but I was struck by how small and young he looked, I swear he looked about 12 years old! Had a couple of half chances and fluffed one ala Pires on the weekend from 10 yards. Important to remember he is only 18 though, if he can bulk up theres still a good chance he could be a star, but he didnt show it last night.

Van Persie, 9/10: Excellent performance from Robin, he is starting to get into the groove having had a traumatic pre season. Looked a class act and a cut above the rest really. Needs a run of games in the first team.

Subs: All got 2 minutes at the end, can't really rate on that.

I should point out Sunderland were terrible, Hoyte looked pretty solid to be fair but they did not create a single clear cut chance and some of their reserves players were just awful.

We did not play well, very averagely in truth but the odd bit of play was nice and we definitely deserved to go through for our invention if nothing else.

Marco there were about 1500-1800 Arsenal fans I would guess, but the atmosphere was average.

To be fair apart from the first 10 minutes the Sunderland fans were awful, as bad as anything you have seen at Highbury, when RVP scored the penalty to make it 2 nil 30% of them left!

When we scored the third within 60 seconds 90% of them had gone!

They come up with the "really witty": "your just a small team in Tottenham" chant at the beginning.

Wow that really told us!

Feanor

Established Member
Thanks Ally, I really miss the usual view from the stands columns after each game, it seems like people don't do that as much this season. Might be early on and will pick up later.

RvP needs a string of starts to see if he can gel with TH, I don't think DB brings anything to this team as a starter anymore. Reading Wenger's comments about RvP and also TH's piece about the youngsters, I think RvP is going to see some regular first team action soon. It takes time for forwards to find their groove on a team, it took TH a couple months to find his feet on this team but Wenger stuck with him, he needs to do the same with RvP.

Speaking of which, is there an RvP chant yet?

sabret00the

Established Member
Robin van Persie *cl-clap, cl-clap-clap*, Robin van Persie *cl-clap, cl-clap-clap*

van Persie don't just need starts, he gets them, he needs a few 90 minute games in succession.

jay-d

Established Member
I've read on a few other message boards people saying Quincy was MOM, just goes to show how objective ratings are.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom