• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: WBA vs Arsenal | 16/12/03

Mark

Established Member
i checked and it's all of bolton's first team, all this extra time and maybe they'll be kind of tired on saturday...

patrick42uk

Established Member
phenomenal result. We werent great but we didnt have to be. playing away from home against a far bigger side, we couldnt have been expected to dominate. however we were efficient and ruthless, the way an away side should be. we also kept a clean sheet which was thanks to the efforts of clichy tavliridis and keown. For me, tavliridis was man of the match. he was so commanding in the air. inn the first half he gave away free kicks for jumping on top of players, but in the second half he stopped this but was still as efficient in winning headers. also he made a couple of good tackles and saving tackles as well. It looks like he is leaving though which is a real shame because he impressed me. Stack was very commanding and made some smart saves, surprised he got motm because i dont think he was troubled as much as is being made out. CLichy was immense. he used his small size to his advantage, acting as a pick pocket to the righ wing back and was also good on the ball. Bentley showed some good touches, but didnt get involved enough for me. He needs to use the skill he possesses much more efficiently to make openings rather than in pointless areas to gain adoratioon from the crowd. He also needs to be more direct. Jerome thomas was exactly that. he held the ball up well, and beat players when he had to. i initially taught he was down and out in terms of getting opportunities but he impressed me tonight. Aliadiere worked tirelessly, for much of the game he was upfront on his own. He showed good instincts for his goal. one thing i noticed about him is that he has a good leap for his size. hopefully he will getter bigger and continue to impress. cesc looked calm on the ball, and showed good touches. much of the time the players didnt pass to him because there was a likelihood he would be outmuscled and lose the ball in vital areas. this didnt faze him though as he kept calling for it, which was admirable. kanu held the ball up well. keown looked rusty in the first half, but improved in the second. lauren stayed rusty. parlour and edu were good in the middle of the park. wiltord doesnt look like he has his mind on football at the moment.

Adam

Established Member
Jerome Thomas played with balance and skill. A slower Henry down the wing with less power (with age perhaps?)

Kanu played well. Tav top too. Aliadiere was a stern "good".

Mark

Established Member
yeah i think wiltord is definetly gone. he doesn't look like he wants to play for us anymore. he was really poor tonight and didn't really get involved. stack was impressive and so was taviliridis in the second half. ali looking good. we need someone who stays in the penalty area and puts defenders under pressure and scores scrappy close range goals.

jc8gooner

I thought that we did OK, seeing we had a mix of youngsters, players coming back from injury and experienced players. Keown, Parlour, Lauren and Wiltord are all still recovering from injury and at times this showed I think. Of the youngsters, ali did well, clichy did well, and bentley did OK, but was a bit physically challenged. Tavlaridis made some good tackles and blocks but was also a bit rash with his fouling and temperament. Thomas did OK when he came on and so did Cesc. Edu was fine tonight.

johe

My match ratings:

Stack: 8.3 - Solid as a rock. Distribution wasnt the best though.

Clichy: 8 - Great! Very calm on the ball, good defensive work.

Lauren: 6.5 - Was more defensive than usual, rarely crossed the midfield.

Keown: 7 - Almost gave away a penalty, other than that he was alright.

Tavlaridis: 7.5 - Lots of fouls, but was decent otherwise. EDIT: Ok, that was supposed to be a 7.5, not a 6.5, made a typo :?

Bentley: 6.5 - Didnt have alot to do, but what he did was usually good.

Wiltord: 6 - Looked good the first 10-15 minutes, no good.

Edu: 8 - Very good passing, dropped back as a deep playmaker a few times. I liked his dribbles at the, tunneled one guy, then another and got fouled 8)

Parlour: 7 - Didn't take control of the midfield as expected, but helped out nicely in defence.

Kanu: 7 - Got a goal, but wasn't very convincing after that. Not the Kanu we saw against Inter. Still, gets credit for the goal.

Aliadiere: 7.5 - Threatened a few times, and got a goal because of his relentless pressure on the WBA defence when they had the ball.

Subs:

Thomas: 7 - Very nice dribbling, got most of his passing right. Would have had an assist if Wiltord hadn't hit it straight at the keeper. :|

Cesc: 7 - Good passing. In fact I don't think he hit a bad pass. He is amazing to be so young and so good. Just wish he would grow a little ;D
Go to a circus Cristina Ronaldella! :mrgreen:

I might have missed by a mile on some of these, so please bare with me :angel

juo_henry

1st half was very sloppy with too many fouls but 2nd half was a bit diff...dunno wat AW told the players during the break but these fellas rose to the occasion...

my MOTM would be Stack...he had a decent game...

i saw few posts saying Tav was crap, Bentley was no good n so on...come on guys, don be harsh on them...they r very very young n not experienced....this WBA game is harder than the Wolves game coz WBA is top of their table n also this is their oni chance to feature in Europe and also their players are physically superior compared to our teenage players...

Tav conceeded too many fouls n at the same time he was solid...i think he was better than Keown back there...

Thomas had a fantastic game when he came on....he has a very good dribbling skills n good passing visions...

Taozhe

Nice to see the lads beating WBA though I didnt get to see the match. Good to know Aldi got a goal and hope he will be bagging more :)

bigbadsol

I think this was always going to be a hard match, agaisnt a very physical and confident WBA side. Nevertheless we stuck to out guns rode our luck at times and in the end deserved the win.

Of the senior players only Edu and Parlour played well, in my opinion. Kanu was ok, but Keown looks very rusty and made a few unnecessary rash challenges. Wiltord was awful, this was his opportunity to stake a claim and as a senior player i expected much more. I really hope he leaves in January.

Clichy looks like he's got alot of talent, and although Bently had a quiet game you can see he has got ability. Stack though was a worthy man of the match and I have a feeliing he will become our number 2 even when Taylor is fit.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me Stack saved our skins.
Tav looks like once he stops giving so many free kicks to the other side he be fine.
Martin the warrior
Wiltord seen him play so much better seems to me he lost heart.
My MOM is Stack

Archie The Leper

I'd have given Edu MOTM, showed a cool head & good passing but the sooner that Wiltord goes the better surely Wenger could have given that place to someone who actually wanted to play, really didn't see that much of him at all

lewdikris

Established Member
Wiltord's brain is in Paris St Germain - just a shame his boots are in the sunday league. Useless. He's outta here January 1st.

Tavlaridis is not physically competent enough for English football - he'll also be outta here in January.

Edu did well, Ali's running the whole competition - a poacher's goal in every round. Now he just needs to score in the league....

Stacky was good, and Clichy looks SO assured for an 18 year old. Wenger didn't think Hoyte was strong enough for the premiership, he'll have no such doubts about Clichy. He's gonna be really good.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
My Ratings:

Stack 6.5

Lauren 6
Keown 6
Tavlaridis 6
Clichy 6.5

Wiltord 5.5
Parlour 6.5
Edu 6
Bentley 6

Kanu 6
Aliadiere 6

Subs:
Thomas 5.5
Cesc 6

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Wiltord's brain is in Paris St Germain - just a shame his boots are in the sunday league. Useless. He's outta here January 1st.

Wenger's said that nobody is leaving during January so don't get your hopes up too much.

Top Bottom