• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 10/01/06

James

Established Member
pha2er said:
theres no away advantage in this cup. it'll go to extra time and penalties.
You're wrong i'm afraid mate.

If the aggregate at full time in the second leg is level, it goes to extra time and if it's still drawn, it's then decided by away goals.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
James said:
pha2er said:

If the aggregate at full time in the second leg is level, it goes to extra time and if it's still drawn, it's then decided by away goals.

oh.. no penalty shootouts then?

damn... those penalties really give the edge for the game...

you know; biting your lips, crunching your fingers, bulging your eyes those sort of stuffs :lol:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
bojed said:
Wenger has always had an experimental approach to a trophy he has never won, and hinted that will continue in the second leg, saying: 'We will keep our priorities exactly the same. We use the Carling Cup for our young players and the Premiership remains our priority.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... nd&cc=4716

so i guess it's still a long way for us to keep the only cup in the english games that we haven't won yet.

We?

Try "Arsène's Arsenal haven't won" mate. We last won it in 1993.

James

Established Member
bojed said:
James said:
pha2er said:

oh.. no penalty shootouts then?

damn... those penalties really give the edge for the game...

you know; biting your lips, crunching your fingers, bulging your eyes those sort of stuffs :lol:
If the game finished 1-0 to Arsenal after extra time, then it'd go to penalties. The only scoreline that could see the game go to penalties.

Basically, 2-1 to Arsenal will see us go out after extra time.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
RocktheCasbah said:
bojed said:
Wenger has always had an experimental approach to a trophy he has never won, and hinted that will continue in the second leg, saying: 'We will keep our priorities exactly the same. We use the Carling Cup for our young players and the Premiership remains our priority.'

so i guess it's still a long way for us to keep the only cup in the english games that we haven't won yet.

We?

owh okay sorry my bad mate, for letting it slip past my mind :eek:ops:

Army of Me

Established Member
James said:
If the game finished 1-0 to Arsenal after extra time, then it'd go to penalties. The only scoreline that could see the game go to penalties.

Basically, 2-1 to Arsenal will see us go out after extra time.
yea you're right man, sorry bojed.

i knew extra time time was played so i just assumed it went to pens as well.

Tegh

Established Member
bojed said:
RocktheCasbah said:
bojed said:

We?

owh okay sorry my bad mate, for letting it slip past my mind :eek:ops:
Ian Wright, Wright, Wright!

yoinkster

I got more and more frustrated with the commentators as the night went on.
"freddy playing his first carling cup game for 8years"
"wigans first cup semi final"
etcetc, they had done no research and the five facts they had they worked to death.
Chris Kamara was all over us, I don't think he said a good word about us all night ... anyway,

you all wanted to see some of the reserves play nad now you've had your chance to showcase us the talent and well ... put them away. Most of them looked complete crap last night, I don't know if Wenger had a gameplan but the players certainly couldn't execute it.
Alumnia's long distance distribution {which he resorts to 90% of the time} is ****, he didn't find an Arsenal player all night.
Gilbert looked like a computer geek would if thrown into a boxing ring with Tyson.
Djourou ... oh my god, why did we buy this ??
Senderos looked fantastic, a real plus.
Cygan even seemed able to tackle but still looked like jelly with the ball at his feet.
I must've been watching a different game though because I thought Reyes and Freddy didn't have terrible games since there wasn't much for them to work with anyway.
my net conclusion ? The kids all need a lot more games in the reserves before they can even step up to the carling cup, I hope a lot of the "pleeeeaaase give quincy a game" brigade will now shut up.

Blacks Are Red

Haven't read the whole thread.

But the fact that there's hardly any/if any English youngsters in our Reserve side is quite franky a mockery. Our youth system is a disgrace.

yoinkster

yeah but he's not in the same bracket of gems {it seems} that wenger has found in others that age :razz:

From that performance I just think he's got a long way to go before he's ready for even that sort of game again. No better place to advance at that age than Arsenal though :)

Gooner_Girl

The match was ****. For the first time not bothered we lost, only the first leg of the diddy cup anyways. Wigan deserved to win, they were pushing trying to score, us as usual play pass around. We def weren't 100% last night, passes were horrible and so were shots. Anyway 2nd leg more 1st team players and we'll whoop them.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
all players below 20 need some hard time to learn and develop wiith the exception of some players like messi, cesc, the then-younger tevez etc.

Austrian Gooner

i feel really p*ssed cause of scharners goal, form second league in austria to gamewinner against my beloved arsenal .. really can't believe it yet

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom