• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Le boss won't consider bids for his youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robno.7

http://www.tribalfootball.com/december/ ... 41203.html

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger insists he won't sell any of his top youngsters.
Scouts flocked to Highbury to watch the young Gunners defeat Wolves 5-1 this week in the Carling Cup.

But Wenger says: "I was not aware of the scouts in the press box - they didn't necessarily come to see us, maybe they came to watch Wolves' players! But do you think we educate players for five years and then let them go away?

"If they are not good enough we let them go but we won't let the ones with promise be taken away. Against Wolves we saw some players who will be a part of Arsenal sides in years to come. This is the best bunch of players that have been here in my time.

"The last big generation was Paul Merson and Tony Adams, but since then I think we now have the biggest quality ever."

Superdudes

bentley, aliadere, papa d, senderos, cesc, hoyte, clichy, cole, pennant and toure.. i say, we'd definitely has a future as champions.. same as the present generation, the present champions..

Kyla

Agreed GG. Pennant's just been a massive dissapointment. He belongs with the rest of the rufian Leeds pack. I've completely lost faith since the whole rape scandal with Jody Morris. Fair enough he wasn't arrested but he should't have got himself in a position to be charged anyway. A talent gone to waste. He's been immature and reckless. Wenger could see his faults and unfortuntately that has superseded his footballing abilities. Crying shame really.

Adam

Established Member
I feel we have been robbed of a potential superstar. I had expectations which shouldn't have been created. His talent seems to have puffed away. If he was good enough we wouldn't have any problems with him. But the potential he showed has not turned into anything, except for attitude and commitment problems.

JazzG

Established Member
Dunno what is wrong with Pennant. He should been working his bollocks off at arsenal and keeping his mouth shut. I felt he could of become a very good player. I think the fact we payed quite abit for him at a young age got to his head.

Its all good having the potential but you gotta work hard to show it as well. Got a feeling he is gonna go to waste......

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
our youth if they got the super telant which I beleive they have will stay
JP will not come back as an Arsenal player or at lest I do not think so

Adam

Established Member
He is not exceptional at any one thing. That doesn't help. He is not physically strong enough. He gets shrugged off easily, and he has not enough strength in his running - his legs are too flimsy and weak. He has skill and pace, but not enough, and the strength is needed to go with it. He hasn't been beating many people at all at Leeds. Defensively, he is not good too. He is also too small. For a winger of his size - like Overmars, you have to have good balance and strength to go with the speed. He doesn't have this. Not enough end product. He doesn't appear to be good enough at this moment in time.

Apart from that, he is a good mid-table player. Of course, there is the slight chance that this gets thrown back in my face.

But i believe Bentley and Aliadiere are on a different level of potential.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
amazing how things change from the beginning of the season.. everyone was touting JP as Freddie's replacement, and now he is barely good enough for a mid-table team....

i just think its funny

Adam

Established Member
It was truly hoped he would make an impression at some level.

But he has stinked of mediocreity. Almost 21 now, and that is an age that when you go past without making an impression that could mean departure or a rot in the reserves.

JazzG

Established Member
I hoped he could replace Freddie as we are a very unbalanced side, we don't ever attack from the right!

The Mini

Pennant is good enough, bring him in for the next Carling Cup and he can regain his place behing Freddie

nnn

The chances of him getting back into the fold seem low, even with the suspensions he was left at Leeds, niether clud has said anything positive about him to the media, he was invloved in the Morris saga in one way and Wenger has been looking at Reyes.

I think if a high enough bid comes in he'll be sold.

lewdikris

Established Member
Probably agreed. Dunno. He won't be going to Leeds permanently, that's for sure, but i kinda expect him to have his loan period extended until the end of the season, then for him to go somewhere else.

It's a shame. I might be wrong. But he's been nothing if not inconsistent for Leeds. Hardly surprising given their predicament, but I feel more sceptical about him by the day. I just feel Bentley might leapfrog him into the floating inside-forward role played by Ljungberg and Pires.

Anders Limpar

...this subject starts to bore me!

1. How much can you shine in a team without no self confidence?

2. Now he knows getting a ride home with Jody Morris isn't the best idea, but who the hell told you he said, when leaving the car, "good luck with raping that girl", to Jody and his friend. I think us judging him is a bit premature...

3. Scoring against Chelsea isn't enough to prove your critics wrong? Even Henry needed help from Cudicini! Pennant stole the ball from Makelele ( a real ****e player, uhhh?), said hello and goodbye to Gallas and scored a wonderfull goal. Naa, that bloke can't make it at Highbury, no chance in hell...

4. And why are you all in such a hurry? Italian clubs can have players out on loan for years before bringing them back, Juventus is a great example for instance! Let him learn his trade at Leeds and when Wenger think he's ready he will come back...

5. And for f*s sake, when did Arsenal become unbalanced? Yes, we have different kind of players on equal positions (Freddie/Pires) and we don't make every second attack on the right or the left side, but that is not what balance is about! Stating that nonsense after the best ever start in the clubs history say quite alot about the writer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom