• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leaving a match early

Have you ever left a match more than 5 minutes before the end

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

invisibleman18

Established Member
this is a bit different, watching games on the TV. i have left the room early on 4 occasions that i can remember.
a few years ago we lost at anfield i think 2-0. suker had a penalty in the last minute and missed, i got up and walked out.
the other 3 all recent manure games. last season FA cup semi wed had so much attack and finally i think henry fired a shot over in the last min and it was clear we wouldnt score. then earlier this season when rooney tapped in the 2nd at OT and the other day when O'sheah scored.
please dont take me for a sore loser, let me explain. its just due to watching these matches with my lifelong Sp*rs dad and my glory hunting Manc brother. can be a little hard to take, particularly the 3 Manc ones and i just couldnt face staying for the final whistle on those 3 occasions.

SJ

I have never left the stadium early, i remember sitting up in the upper north when we played rotheram last season in the carling cup, winning 1 - 0 with seconds left, loads of our fans was leaving and then all off a sudden BANG they equalissed, 1 - 1 full time. as it was a cup game they played extra time and then it went to one of the best shootouts in football memory and we finnally won it. It was good looking down on all the so called Arsenal fans out on the streets while we was celebrating in the stadium.

I have only ever once been late for a game, Mancs V Arsenal @ OT, the coach got held up from highbury and we took nearly 7 hours to get there, missed the first 15 minutes and the only goal in the game (final score Mancs 1 - 0 Arsenal :cry: :cry: :cry: )

pv4

No. I would never ever leave a match early.
When I see fans leaving from games early because their team is getting battered I feel that their commitment to their club has to be questioned. I feel it is even worse when people at teams of the calibre of ours have fans leaving 5, 10 or even earlier from the end of a match because they want to get home early, when there are people that would kill(not literally, but maybe :twisted: ) for the chance to see the team.
I remember when I went to the 6-1 match at OT and as far I can recall, very little, or maybe none of us gooners left early. Moments like that are, in my opinion when you need to be their for your team, when they are down in the dumps, and they can be lifted by the fact that we, the people who support them are still their for them.

invisibleman18 said:
this is a bit different, watching games on the TV. i have left the room early on 4 occasions that i can remember.
a few years ago we lost at anfield i think 2-0. suker had a penalty in the last minute and missed, i got up and walked out.
the other 3 all recent manure games. last season FA cup semi wed had so much attack and finally i think henry fired a shot over in the last min and it was clear we wouldnt score. then earlier this season when rooney tapped in the 2nd at OT and the other day when O'sheah scored.
please dont take me for a sore loser, let me explain. its just due to watching these matches with my lifelong Sp*rs dad and my glory hunting Manc brother. can be a little hard to take, particularly the 3 Manc ones and i just couldnt face staying for the final whistle on those 3 occasions.

that can't be easy!

I've never left game mainly because its really hard to get a ticket at highbury and then to leave early ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH!! it cost far too much money to be leaving early! And it does question your loyalty if you leave early because the teams not playing so well!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
SJ said:
I have never left the stadium early, i remember sitting up in the upper north when we played rotheram last season in the carling cup, winning 1 - 0 with seconds left, loads of our fans was leaving and then all off a sudden BANG they equalissed, 1 - 1 full time. as it was a cup game they played extra time and then it went to one of the best shootouts in football memory and we finnally won it. It was good looking down on all the so called Arsenal fans out on the streets while we was celebrating in the stadium.

I was in the Upper North for that game too! It was my cousin's first football match (he was 6 at the time) and I just wanted to get him home, he was clearly tired but I couldn't leave early. Just couldn't do it. The guy next to me left with two of his harem (Arsenal? For a tenner? Yes please) after the equaliser only to scurry back into his seat 5 minutes into extra time. ****.

air

I leave our national team's games (Finland) early, so that everyone can hear me shouting at the top of my voice the following words our coach likes to say after a 3-0 defeat:

"We've made progress!" or
"We have nothing to be ashamed of!"

It makes me feel better. :wink:

SJ

i was there with my nephew for his first game (what a first game at highbury for anyone) i think if i had have tried to leave early he would have killed me, he is a bit older then your cousin, he was 15.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I saw some of the Villa fans starting to leave after 30mins when we scored the 3rd goal. It was hilarious.

I've never been to an Arsenal game, but I have stopped watching early, against Manchester United when we our streak ended after Rooney scored their second goal on the counter. Thats the only game.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom