• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leno or Martinez?

Leno or Martinez for number 1?

• Total voters

I think most people know by now that Leno is seriously lacking. Terrible terrible terrible keeper. We were lucky. Don't think we win FA Cup with Leno. He cost us the EL. Weak. Weak. Terrible.

Hopefully, we can sell Leno before he plays again and cost us.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be stupid to sell either, rather we need to aim for this level of competition in every single position.

For me Leno would still be slightly ahead, simply because Emi has shown it for a rather short period.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
First of all, both players MUST stay at the club. Any offers that come in must be crazy money, and that's that.

Martinez keeps his place for me, until such time he gets injured or drops in form. Leno assumes the number 2 role and plays for us in the Europa League, FA Cup. Macey looks after the league cup.

There are enough games for our players.

9jagooner

I reckon Arteta will re-instate Leno for League games and Martinez for Cup games. However, Leno has to improve on his ability to play with his defence and also his distribution. This is one area where Martinez has an edge over him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno's ****ed now, unless he comes back and immediately plays like prime David Seaman, Emi is a cult hero now.

After the story came out of Emi's life as a kid, plus his form since he came back into the team, winning the cup after being loaned out constantly for 10 years...it's an actual fairytale!

Sorry Bernd, you just can't compete with the emotion of that alone :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leno's ****ed now, unless he comes back and immediately plays like prime David Seaman, Emi is a cult hero now.

After the story came out of Emi's life as a kid, plus his form since he came back into the team, winning the cup after being loaned out constantly for 10 years...it's an actual fairytale!

Sorry Bernd, you just can't compete with the emotion of that alone :lol:
**** emotion, Martinez has money to burn now. The story here is that Martinez has hit a level that the little German has never been anywhere near.

Thursday 3PM games in Belarus for Leno now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I have to admit that A) I've always been a big fan of Bernd and believed he would turn into a top top keeper for us and B) I thought Emi was out of his mind last year when he was talking about taking the number one shirt off of Leno. Now that we have that out of the way, Emi is a little bit better and the team is a lot better defensively with him in the goal. I don't see how you take the shirt off of him now. If an offer comes in for Leno from outside England, I think we have to sell. Leno is only really superior in the 1 v 1s which frankly is much less important than being dominant in the air which Emi has over him in spades. Plus, even in a limited sample size Emi seems less error prone and just as capable of making ridiculous reflex saves with the added bonus that he catches more and spills less. He also seems much better at organizing his backline and much, much calmer and better in distribution.

GunnerUK

Really worrying situation really because Martinez has been so class in his short time and really stepped up been absolutely tremendous. But Arsenal with money they’ve just paid for Leno will always favour him. Would love if Martinez stayed as no.2 but after these few weeks clubs all over Europe will be knocking on our door. Wish him all the best but his gone unless Arsenal make a very difficult decision.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For the record Leno was cheap £22m

He's on relatively but not exorbitantly high wages. We could sell him I think and probably make a profit.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Tough one but it's hard not to pick Martinez atm. The best way to go is to give them both serious opportunities next year and pick the best next summer while recuperating a healthy fee from the other. Either way, it seems we're in good hands.

When Leno got injured, @hydrofluoric acid predicted that Martinez will come in and show his worth and we won’t even slightly miss Leno.

Spot on call from him. I have never backed his anti Leno stance but I have also never championed Leno as a top keeper, he simply isn’t.

People will never admit it but I was saying what Leno was lacking massively one year ago. So average in many departments. Nobody says "sorry hydro you were right as always".

What has happened now is that even if this is just a purple patch for Martinez we now know how bad Leno actually is. Moving forward we will have to find new keeper if Martinez form drops. Leno is not the answer.

Riou

People will never admit it but I was saying what Leno was lacking massively one year ago. So average in many departments. Nobody says "sorry hydro you were right as always".

What has happened now is that even if this is just a purple patch for Martinez we now know how bad Leno actually is. Moving forward we will have to find new keeper if Martinez form drops. Leno is not the answer.

Assuming Leno asks to leave...would you make Emi number 1 and give Macey or 1 of our younger keepers a chance at number 2...or would you want to bring in someone to challenge Martinez?

Assuming Leno asks to leave...would you make Emi number 1 and give Macey or 1 of our younger keepers a chance at number 2...or would you want to bring in someone to challenge Martinez?

I'm not sure at all. The best thing would be not to spend money on GK position for next season. So I'm hoping Martinez and Leno battle it out next season before we make a decision moving forward.

I'm not s sure about Macey. His time here is very weird. Almost like you don't know if he is player or not.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

When Leno got injured, @hydrofluoric acid predicted that Martinez will come in and show his worth and we won’t even slightly miss Leno.

Spot on call from him. I have never backed his anti Leno stance but I have also never championed Leno as a top keeper, he simply isn’t.
Yeah I think @hydrofluoric acid and I have always agreed that Leno is good but not great. He’s another player that occasionally reminds you of why he’s not world class, particularly on crosses.

Riou

Did anyone else think Woj was quality here?

I know he had his issues as a young player, plus terrible goalkeeping coaches...but bar his dodgy spell in his last season here, I always thought he could have been world-class one day.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Did anyone else think Woj was quality here?

I know he had his issues as a young player, plus terrible goalkeeping coaches...but bar his dodgy spell in his last season here, I always thought he could have been world-class one day.

I never quite felt comfortable with him tbh. I always felt there was an error with him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom