<

Let's all laugh at Tottenham

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Biggus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Ornstein’s Athletic article on everything

Jae, James Bond, ItWasMeBarry and 4 others like this.
  3. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

I think it's the other way around. First time he doesn't win a trophy :lol:

Mo Britain and Riou like this.
  4. Rex Banter

I personally would. I think he’s a good manager, if a bit of an odd character.

I was Mourinho in but I think Pochettino would be a better manager. Failing him I can’t see Ten Hag or Nagelsmann wanting to come here at all.

5. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Imagine having a cheque book manager without a cheque book.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Poch would be interesting choice for us the owner is worse than levy but with raul and edu they could work together well. He is off to manutd unless oleh make big turn around

7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

I like the distance between players & manager but if Potchs actions towards Levy are true very unprofessional. Levy & the higherups are his boss ffs.

I cant see him getting a big job unless United get desperate. You cant act like a diva before the trophies...thought Redknapps Sp**s team were better to watch & a more impressive CL run.

Riou likes this.
  8. Rex Banter

They’ve looked a lot better when both Martial and Pogba have been fit.

As a team I honestly think they’re a midfielder and winger away from being very good

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Manutd squad depth is so bad they really meed more than that i guess for starting 11 yes 2-3 and they could be really good because defensively they seem stable

Rex Banter likes this.
  10. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

With Mourinho, I think they will have an initial success and sadly they will finish above us in the table again.

He has some real bruisers in that team that will fight for him: Dier, Wanyama, Sisokho, Ndombele, Davies, Kane, Alli.

Rimaal and GoonerJeeves like this.
  11. Rex Banter

Wasn’t keen on giving Mourinho over a year here so can’t believe Levy’s given him a contract until 2023.

Young players are probably out the window now, have to wonder about Sessegnon as I can’t see him getting the patience and opportunities he needs.

In terms of signings can see Mourinho going for Bale in January which would make him a hit with the fans, maybe someone like Marcos Alonso as well. Make Sp**s much better in the short term but iffy in the future.

Think the likes of Aurier, Lamela, Lo Celso and the three hold outs are in trouble though. Think they’ll be under the bus first.

12. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

If that Ornstein article is true than they had no choice really.. I think Sp**s are going to struggle anyway, but with Poch it was only going to go one way, no coming back from losing the dressing room..

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Shows how his rep has taken such a hit, that this is the job he takes...will definitely be interesting seeing how he does, he’s never been in this situation before really.

14. Rex Banter

Which makes our board even more baffling.

We’re about to have our second captain of the Emery reign force his way out in January due to mismanagement. Our two strikers and backup keeper are liking Emery out stuff on Instagram.

Özil and Emery haven’t seen eye to eye from day one and our best player was driven out the club on a free. Our dressing room is clearly a shambles and yet we continue with the guy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Troopz, Rimaal, morpho and 4 others like this.
  15. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah the writing is on the wall for Emery too, there's no coming back for him. He's obviously lost the players. We are just delaying the inevitable really, we'd have a better chance with a caretaker in charge.

American_Gooner and Rex Banter like this.
  16. Bittersteel

Bittersteel New Member

There are two types of managers.
    There are the get you good managers. These are managers that you give them a certain squad they will be competing to get top 4, winning pointless mid season trophies but they will never win a league or the champions league because they don't have a plan B, when the elite managers come to town the get you good manager is incapable of adapting.

Then there's the get you over the hump. This type of manger usually takes over teams that sack the get you good managers and after a few tweaks they start winning the big ones.

Poch is a get you good manager
    Jose is get you over the hump manager.

Tottenham have brought the right man for the job. So you all can carry on laughing when Sp**s will be lifting the big ones. While we will be drowning in the muck with the rest of the mid-table clubs.

17. Rex Banter

I mean Pochettino got them to a CL final which Mourinho hasn’t done for almost a decade.

18. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

How does Unai Emery Etxegoien typically do vs. mou? Anyone got stats? This could be a ****show so long as we have Dracula at the helm

19. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Not sure about Bale tbh. Mourinho favors reliability over everything. It's why he doesn't have time for sub-par youngsters as well. Can't see him spend big on an injury prone player. He regularly goes for players who'll put in 7/10 performances for 38 games. Willian is like the poster child for a Mourinho player for me.

I think Spur's current best players are really well suited to Mourinho. Eriksen is ostensibly the perfect playmaker for what Mou wants and Kane is fairly similar to a Drogba type. Son and Ndombele are also great fits, and Alli is the type of **** Mou really enjoys.

While this might end up being true in this case, I think that's pretty unfair on Poch. Sp**s have massively over-performed under him for a long time, even reaching a CL final.

Generally not a fan of labeling managers like this when they haven't had the opportunity. You cannot reasonably expect Poch to regularly compete for something given the state they were in when he took over and the extreme disparity in financial backing.

I know "top 4 trophy" is somewhat of a meme but finishing in the top 4 with Sp**s four seasons in a row + reaching a CL final is something most football fans would've found hilarious if you suggested Sp**s would do that before he took over.

20. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Mourinho like that smell of **** that just won't go away.

Luckily there's nothing to fear anymore. He's a washed up clown and an even more boring c*nt. Sp**s might finally win a trophy though.

krengon likes this.