• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@GDeep™

American_Gooner informed us that Bale won't play for a month because of injury.

"Very very durable" you said, how can this happen!? So unfair and unlucky for Tottenham.

"“However, nobody should expect Gareth Bale to turn out for Tottenham any time soon.

“It’s our understanding that when he gets here, when he signs, it will be full training for a month and then he’ll be back to full fitness.

“That makes sense, he’s nursing a knee injury and he hasn’t played regularly for months.”"

https://talksport.com/football/760832/gareth-bale-tottenham-transfer-injury-news-debut/

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@db.

tenor.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The French coach is said to be angry over Alli's comments after Tottenham's 3-1 win over Madrid in the Champions League in 2017, when the Sp**s star claimed he 'should have had a hat-trick' after netting twice in the group stage triumph.

Zidane was reportedly put off Alli due to those comments, explaining that his brace was not that impressive given one of his goals was a deflection and the other was offside.
:lol: this is why Real didn't want him, due to "character concerns"

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The way things ended for him at Man Utd ,Chelsea and Real Madrid I think the idea of managing Sp**s must have been really appealing for Mourinho (plucky little club who no one really expects to challenge for titles or even win a cup). The pressure to win at those clubs is enormous, with Sp**s if he could get them to finish at 4th place would have been seen as a massive success. He wasn't expected to be backed in the transfer market too, so expectations would stay low. After all every manager needs his own players and a decent amount of money to mold his team.

To everyone's surprise the usually tight-fisted Levy has been busy buying players for Mourinho, for a fair amount of money too. Since Mourinho's arrival they have signed these players

Lo Celso
Bergwijn
Fernandes
Hojbjerg
Doherty
Bale
Requilon
Hart

They will probably add 1 or maybe even 2 more players before the window closes. That is nearly a whole team of new players. Suddenly expectations are slowly rising. The Sp**s fans were just hoping for a top 4 finish or a possible cup win. Now suddenly they think that should be the minimum aim. The pundits have started to big them up as well.

This might sound strange but I'm not sure Mourinho is really liking this new environment, he was enjoying being the underdog. Or the little horse as he calls it. Now a massive excuse has been taken away from him ("I wasn't backed with transfers", "this isn't my team" etc).

Will be interesting to see how he gets on this season. He might actually have a decent season, second season he usually does well. Or considering he has been declining as a top manager, things might already unravel before the inevitable third season implosion.

Balboa

Why is the title of this thread still "Let's still all laugh at Tottenham"?

They've won one single league cup in the last 29 years. Their manager celebrated 6th place as if they'd won the treble. He openly abused their players like Dele Alli and Serge Aurier on camera. He insulted Son who had just received MOTM, like some kind of Kanye West tribute act. They're going on tours of Bulgaria and Macedonia to try to qualify for the Europa League. They're trying to default/cheat their way to trophies by whining about the dimensions of goalposts and paying teams to have covid tests to help them steal league cup wins. They spent £1 billion on a massive replica of a toilet which is now empty apart from their **** football...

Shouldn't the title be "Let's all laugh at Tottenham"?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why is the title of this thread still "Let's still all laugh at Tottenham"?

They've won one single league cup in the last 29 years. Their manager celebrated 6th place as if they'd won the treble. He openly abused their players like Dele Alli and Serge Aurier on camera. He insulted Son who had just received MOTM, like some kind of Kanye West tribute act. They're going on tours of Bulgaria and Macedonia to try to qualify for the Europa League. They're trying to default/cheat their way to trophies by whining about the dimensions of goalposts and paying teams to have covid tests to help them steal league cup wins. They spent £1 billion on a massive replica of a toilet which is now empty apart from their **** football...

Shouldn't the title be "Let's all laugh at Tottenham"?
Until we start finishing back above them regularly, I guess... Having said that, we should always be laughing at them regardless.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mourinho and Sp**s will be our biggest battle for 4th I think.

Ole at Utd is simply too poor a manager who will only rely on individual brilliance I think.

GunnerShy

Mourinho and Sp**s will be our biggest battle for 4th I think.

Ole at Utd is simply too poor a manager who will only rely on individual brilliance I think.
Be interesting to see if they get more in.
At theoment a couple of fullbacks and Bale.

If it doesn't change significantly, it'll come down to how fit Kane and Bale manage to stay.

Happier with our squad to be honest. You can see where it's heading over the next 5 years.
They're very much planning only for the here and now.

Sydney-Gooner

Be interesting to see if they get more in.
At theoment a couple of fullbacks and Bale.

If it doesn't change significantly, it'll come down to how fit Kane and Bale manage to stay.

Happier with our squad to be honest. You can see where it's heading over the next 5 years.
They're very much planning only for the here and now.

Son worries me moreso than Bale tbh.

He seems to be getting better with every passing season and a case can be made for him already being the best left wide forward after Mane and PEA.

GunnerShy

Son worries me moreso than Bale tbh.

He seems to be getting better with every passing season and a case can be made for him already being the best left wide forward after Mane and PEA.
No totally agree. Great player. I excluded him not because he's not at the others level but because on my recollection he has a decent injury record (elbow fracture excluded). Where as, the other two have a recent history of missing a lot of games.

GunnerShy

No totally agree. Great player. I excluded him not because he's not at the others level but because on my recollection he has a decent injury record (elbow fracture excluded). Where as, the other two have a recent history of missing a lot of games.
Jinxed him. Love to see it.

Top Bottom