<

Let's still all laugh at Tottenham

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Biggus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

[​IMG]

"First trophy" :rofl:

2. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

They've taken it quite well, all things considered. It would be devastating for anyone else.

Maybe it has become a habit for them.:oops:

Oxeki likes this.
  3. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Link ?

4. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Link to that comment? I saw it on one of their forums, can't remember exactly where as I was reading page after page. It most likely was from this thread https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...en-revel-in-arsenals-humiliation.34495/page-4

I do remember @Oxeki posting that same comment here, it is the 3rd comment from the selection he posted. Maybe he remembers where he saw it. https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...o-17-30-bst-bbc-1.34322/page-150#post-5147799

5. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Post #379 on this page

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/fa-cup-final-2020-thread.36865/page-19

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  6. Hleb's Sirush

Oxeki likes this.
  7. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

:drool:
    :D

krengon, Taneruit, krackpot and 4 others like this.
  8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

"I tried to watch the Tottenham match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep." - Arsène Wenger 1996.

Mrs Bergkamp, Oxeki and krackpot like this.
  9. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

I like their optimism that next year they will get loads of trophies for no other reason than Mourinho.

10. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Something for the trophy cabinet...

11. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Wtf is THAT celebration? Looks stupid as f. o_O :lol:

Even Kane is trying to take his arm down: "Please don't do that in public Dele, I hope no one noticed..."

Dele: "But I scored, and when I score I wank. This is my wanking arm position, and I'm gonna wank my eye now in public and there is nothing you can do about it!"

12. Trofton

Trofton Active Member

Fans on their twitter page not happy about them signing the player from Southampton and then even getting trolled by West Ham fans and sure I even saw a notts forest fan taking the piss out of them

13. drippin

Seems like a Cedric signing, as a squad option he could be fine. Aren't they interested in Deeney too?

Does anyone have an idea of their finances? The stadium was much more expensive than it was planned to be. Now they haven't got match day revenue because of covid and the loan is big.

I think they're in deep trouble. The virus couldn't have appeared at a worse time for them. Interested to see how much they can invest this year. They also have to know if they can get to UEL and they're in qualifying.

14. drippin

Haha, Guns N' Roses trolling Sp**s fans. Starting with "Hey gunners" and announcing they will perform twice at Sp**s' stadium. :D

15. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

16. Hleb's Sirush

We really f*cked up their season didn't we. Not only do they have to play these ****ty EL qualifying rounds directly as a result of us winning a cup but also precisely because of those games their Carabao fixtures have clashed. Mourinho must be livid. He is desperate to win a trophy to show he still has what it takes, but now his best chance has been sabotaged.

Oh also UEFA have made some changes to their regulations which puts them at the mercy of Boris Johnston...

krengon and drippin like this.
  17. Hleb's Sirush

I think they will be hit harder than most clubs. As you said this couldn't have happened at a worse time for them. It is particularly bad for them because not only did they lose match day revenue like a lot of clubs but they were banking on the fact their stadium was specifically designed as a multi purpose venue. They had to cancel planned NFL games, Gigs, hospitality events etc. Those were supposed to bring in a lot of revenue.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  18. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

They've had a really good but trophyless run over a number of years. This saw them eclipse us on revenue.

Now clearly, the Coronavirus timing has been awful. I think it will hurt them more than us.

They've obviously got a large stadium debt that will need to be serviced.

Cuts to broadcasting money, gate receipts. All the multipurpose events.

They don't have a stadium sponsor. They've missed the ideal time to negotiate that.

Lost Erikson on the cheap.

Their two best players are at their peak right now. They need an urgent squad rebuild to make the most of them or they need to sell HK and Son. Now is not the time for doing either.

And the best time to sell Delle Ali is three years ago. So they've missed that boat.

If they were to miss Europa (unlikely) I think financial it would be a big hammer blow.

Hleb's Sirush and Hjalmaar like this.
  19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

Man these documentaries are done so so well, look at Son tho the little c*nt.

Riou likes this.