• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leyton Orient v Arsenal - FA Cup 5th Round - Sunday 4.30pm

Rahul

Considering Wenger mentioned it in his interview that he has Aaron "pencilled" down for the replay,maybe he can play after all..no?

Or maybe Aaron was already registered under our club's name with the FA before being sent out on loan the first time round.

Rahul

If he can,i cant wait to see him play.27th Feb 2010 that c**t did his leg.27th Feb 2011 he'l be back at the club proper!

ONE AARON RAMSEY!

Spork

Established Member
It would've been awesome if he played tomorrow(oh sorry tonight :p) and absolutely dominated them.

fabo

6.51 / 10
j.Temporary (loan) Transfers

i.A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

ii.A player recalled, at any time prior to the date of the Round, to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may represent his original Club. Such player may only play in postponed and replayed matches if he had been recalled in time for the first match in accordance with sub-paragraph (i) above and (iii) below as applicable.

iii.A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.

iv.In the Competition Proper, players on "long term loan agreements", are not considered "loan" players for the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition.

Not sure what the story is here. Interested to see if anyone can clear this up - maybe Wenger made a mistake?

Where's Klaus when you need him?

Was he technically regstered as an Arsenal player with it being a short-term loan/Cardiff out of the cup/quick recall option if we wanted it? Just guessing, I don't know.

Rahul

ricky1985 said:
I don't know the answer to be honest. Wenger seems to think he can play, so I guess he can.

From the FA official website-

PROVISIONS CONCERNING PLAYERS
a.Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each competing Club.

b.
i.Each Club must provide a list of names of players taking part in the game (including the names of the substitutes) to the Referee and a representative of their opponents in the presence of the Referee at least 60 minutes, in the Competition Proper or any match in the Qualifying Competition that is being televised live, and 45 minutes in all other matches before the time of kick-off (the "Official Team Sheet"). Any Club failing to do so will be liable to be fined by the Council a sum not exceeding £100.

ii.Should any nominated player or substitute sustain an injury after the submission of the Official Team Sheet to the Referee and before the kick-off, he may be replaced, provided the Referee and opponents are informed before the commencement of the match.

c.A maximum of seven substitutes may be nominated. A Club may at its discretion use three of those seven substitute players at any time in a match. Substitution can only be made when play is stopped for any reason and the Referee has given permission. Prior to the substitution being made the Club must identify to the Match Officials the number of the player out and the player in, in accordance with the Official Team Sheet.

d.All players shall be qualified as players according to the Rules of The Association.

e.A player shall not play for more than one Club in the Competition in the same season.

f.All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or postponed match; however a player who has been suspended according to the disciplinary procedures under the Rules of The Association may play in a postponed or replayed match after the term of his suspension has expired.

g.A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season.

h.In all Rounds of the Competition a player shall be a "registered player" of his Club under the Rules of the Competition.

i.
i.A "registered player" is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. .

ii.In order to be eligible to play in the Final, the players must have been correctly registered and eligible for the Semi Final Round of the Competition.

iii.An International Transfer Certificate for Players coming from overseas associations (including Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) takes precedence over a Player's registration. Therefore, this is also required by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round for the Player's registration to be valid.

j.Temporary (loan) Transfers

i.A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

ii.A player recalled, at any time prior to the date of the Round, to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may represent his original Club. Such player may only play in postponed and replayed matches if he had been recalled in time for the first match in accordance with sub-paragraph (i) above and (iii) below as applicable.

iii.A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.

iv.In the Competition Proper, players on "long term loan agreements", are not considered "loan" players for the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I guess the J(i) and J(iii) clauses render Ramsey ineligible for this. What a pity.

Anyway, he can get his 20 minutes at Camp Nou when we are leading five goals to nil.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/c2ae1252f9e8.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/wp-content/upload ... 52f9e8.jpg</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's healthy. Good to see.

I reckon the girl may well have had a spot of the 'hungry bum' too, judging by their goggle-eyed expressions.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
DaG said:
http://goonertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/c2ae1252f9e8.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom