• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

ArtetaOut

Go to other teams forums and see what they think of arteta if y'all want a non biased view. Giving a job to a rookie describes our board and their ambition.

You don't even need go that far, the peeps at Goonersworld and Online Arsenal are much more level-headed and realistic when it comes to Arteta's ability and performance as a manager. Some of the Arteta fanboys here are so ridiculous that they were hyping him up like he's the new Arrigo Sacchi or some BS even before he started taking over. I remember one of the bum posters here calling him "one of the best managers in Europe" lmao.

And up till now they are still finding excuses for his terrible football and man management, as well as expecting the club to continue being his training ground for next 4-5 years. **** off. We're supporting a football club here, we aren't fanboys of some oily-haired rookie scrub

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I haven't been to the other threads, but if he managed to concentrate what we've been here to one single place, I'd actually called him a genious.

What are you even trying to say? Did you translate this from Portuguese to English? This makes no sense.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Problems are more then Arteta. Been deep rooted for years. Yes we could of gone for a bigger more established name but he is go going to make mistakes. But won us a trophy in his first (half season) with us and in general. Let's judge him at the end of the season and see where we go from there. Clowns what a quick fix all the time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think we should be having this discussion btw but this is modern football I guess.

Last week Pepe was the solution and this week Pepe must be sold. In July Arteta was the best thing to happen to us in years and 3 months later some aren’t sure anymore.
First you blame refs and bad luck, then you blame the players then after a while you start to blame the manager.

Seems like we are there now and there we will stay. You rarely see fans go back from blaming the manager to blaming the players. What makes it worse is that we've seen the team get worse, there's no real explanation for that.

Let's be honest, we're just hoping things get better now. We have zero proof that it will.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't sack him unless we finish 15th or something but say we finished around 8th without winning Europa and someone like Poch was available then I'd be asking him to resign tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wow so you're the menace? Can't say I'm surprised think your mod status stops your inner troll from coming out.
It's a wild plot twist I agree.

You Arteta out yet? can't quite gauge but I definitely want to know what you think.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wow so you're the menace? Can't say I'm surprised think your mod status stops your inner troll from coming out.
What's trolling about this? Another 6 weeks of scoring 0 or 1 goal a game is going to pile the pressure on Arteta. I'm behind him but there might come a time when we don't see any progress and you'll have to wonder if the FA Cup run was a flash in the pan.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Anyone calling for Poch... in Poch's first season with Sp**s he lost 12 games in the league.

After his first 9 games in his first full season Poch was sitting on 3 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. 14th place after 9 games. He ended up finishing 5th. Season after that he managed to get CL football.

Its not as simple as chopping and changing managers, people need time.

How many Sp**s managers before him and Harry were given time only to fail?

For every example you can give of a manager who was given time and succeeded, there are ten counterexamples of managers who failed given the same time.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What's trolling about this? Another 6 weeks of scoring 0 or 1 goal a game is going to pile the pressure on Arteta. I'm behind him but there might come a time when we don't see any progress and you'll have to wonder if the FA Cup run was a flash in the pan.
The joke is I don't even think its flash in the pan, we are very much a cup team capable of one off wins but struggle stringing them together.

The underdog status seems to suit us, when Pepe got sent off and we had to revert to a more reserved shape and hit Leeds on the counter it looked very natural and a lot more comfortable.

The amount of friction he faces will solely depend on results as there's not much else to like and that's not a good place to be - ask Emery.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The joke is I don't even think its flash in the pan, we are very much a cup team capable of one off wins but struggle stringing them together.

The underdog status seems to suit us, when Pepe got sent off and we had to revert to a more reserved shape and hit Leeds on the counter it looked very natural and a lot more comfortable.

The amount of friction will solely depend on results as there's not much else to like and that's not a good place to be - ask Emery.
I'm not even saying he should be under pressure, but you know how fans and the media get twitchy about a bad run of form.

I think poor results will be forgiven somewhat if the goals are flowing a bit more though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We've got Wolves, Burnley, Southampton & City at home with Sp**s & Everton away during the same period.

It's safe to say, with continuous repeats of the insepid displays, he won't last beyond boxing day where, incidentally, we'll be hosting a resurgent Chelsea.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Guardiolaball is on the way out. People have caught up on it.
Hope Arteta has some other tricks up the sleeve

Malky

Established Member
First you blame refs and bad luck, then you blame the players then after a while you start to blame the manager.

Seems like we are there now and there we will stay. You rarely see fans go back from blaming the manager to blaming the players. What makes it worse is that we've seen the team get worse, there's no real explanation for that.

Let's be honest, we're just hoping things get better now. We have zero proof that it will.
This is what's worrying. With Wenger we went through rough patches, some shocking results and performances, but there was always the reasurance that he's experienced enough to pull us through it, which he did. Towards the end of his reign I was never positive we'd win the league but I knew we would never finish mid-table while Wenger was in charge! Now I don't have that assurance with Arteta, i genuinly wouldn't be surprised if we finish there this season.
The time we've went without scoring from open play is frightning, even though we've changed personel and now formation. At this stage everyone is just praying Arteta can turn this around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom