• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I here Per is saying he'd love to unite with Mikel again. Even an experienced player like Per respects him.

Give him a go Stan, he couldn't be much worse at this stage. Arsenal is a family, would love an ex player like Arteta in charge. Bring a smile to Wenger's face.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'd take Arteta in a heartbeat. Emery is turning into a car crash. Top 4 has already gone.

But our club is scared to spend a bit of money we weren't expecting to.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I read somewhere that Julian Naglesmann was on Daniel Levy’s shortlist to replace Poch.

I know that he isn’t leaving Leipzig anytime soon but if Levy did manage to convince him while our club was d*cking around with Emery that would have been the last straw for me. Naglesmann was my first choice after AW left and he still is especially if we’re looking to build a long term project.

Hexagon9

Not being rude here, but...
All he has done at a high level for years is manage teams.
A CL finalist and 2nd/3rd in the EPL is not great.
In his time managing Southampton he probably achieved more with the youth he brought through and the sales
I disagree. In an EPL with Liverpool and MC in it he’s done very well, when you take into account the financial restrictions he’s been under, his performance has been exceptional.

mpower2540

This club should be on the phone to Potch right now with the intent on sacking Emery after the Southampton game.
Start acting like a big club with ambitions.

Agree, that’s the kind of ruthless ****housery we need. It’ll never happen mind, not just because we seem to just sit around and pretend everything’s fine but I just can’t see Poch doing it. He said he’d never manage Barca after Espanyol so he won’t be coming here. He’s the best manager that’s currently available for me, im sure if he’s patient there will be plenty of offers rolling in for him soon enough

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Dodged a bullet eventually with Mou, but at times honestly found myself wondering whether he could save our season much better than Unai.

However, biggest issue of Unai - losing the dressing and man management - is also the Achilles heel of Mou in his last few jobs. Also results driven with at times garbage football. Creates toxic environment. It would've most likely turned to Unai Emery situation on roids.

Black240

I wonder if this means Sp**s are going to provide Mourhino with lots of money for a re-build.
He said he would only go somewhere that wants to win and he won't manage that with the current squad. It may also explain the timing. He has a month to get his feet under the table and see the squad in training. He can then make a more informed decision about transfers in and out.

Also, surely Levvy would have spoken to him about losing the dressing room at Chelsea and Utd.
This is either going to go very well for Sp**s, or very badly (and the opposite for us)
I don't think this is good news for Arsenal

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Couldn’t we just match the severance package though?

Would be like poaching a manager from a smaller club.
Not sure, must be a legally binding clause. He probably put the non-compete in there or else he wouldn't pay the full fee.

say yes

forum master baiter
Pochettino would never manage us unfortunately, he has too much passion and respect for Sp**s.

Will also have many better offers on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom