• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
FWIW odds on Arteta are shortening - perhaps because if it is him the delay makes sense because of the Sunday match

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Surely we would only talk to a rival PL manager in season (Christmas of all times!) if #1 choice. You cant be doing that if just one of the twelve.

OneAW!

Potch or Arteta. I’m sure you ask me this everyday.
Managers who aren't as good as Wenger...Why?

Im sure if the board asked Wenger would return, in fact Im pretty sure its the only reason he hasn't accepted another managerial job. If we don't sign him up soon he WILL end up at Real or PSG or Bayern or Barca...!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The consensus was that the "European model" of devolution and distribution of power was exactly what Arsenal needed. Now we get the argument that Arsenal needs a boss.

I guess both is true in some ways, meaning with the Wenger situation and how modern football works, the so called continental model was needed, but still in that model you need some kind of boss.

I'm not beyond thinking that maybe Mislintat - or somebody else in a similar position - along Wenger would've turned around the negative trend under Arsène just by taking away workload and a bit of responsibility in player recruiting and being a second voice.

And even in the continental model you need someone to call the shots in the end - a boss. And that can even be a very powerful individual like say the presidents of Real or Barca, a two headed monster like Hoeness and Rummenigge, or even a three headed group like Watzke, Zorc and Sammer at Dortmund in recent years - if they work as a group.

Wenger's end probably had a lot of structural consequences even if some positions had been in place shortly before. But the club was used to him running the show, and I feel like there's a lot more backroom restructuring needed than just bringing in guys like Fahmy, Sanllehi or Edu in terms of hierarchical structure. It needs to be clear which individual or which group calls the shots and these positions need not only be clear about that but assigned to capeable people. Arsenal needs a strong Board Director, a serious CEO and a clearcut role DoF before proabably any manager can have backed success. Right now there's an aged and complacent Board, I don't get who is the Director of said Board, Sanllehi is ind of running the club but at the same time with the double pivot of him and Vinai there's no proper CEO, Edu is there but there's not much to go off on what he actually does apart from apparently speaking with Freddie.

I feel like the post Wenger vacuum has not been filled properly by a wholeseome hierarchical restructuring and those who came in were too much bent on proving their worth by changing for the sake of changing. A lot of what Sanllehi does points to this and a lot of what Emery said and did pointed to this. Bringing in Mislintat, then Sanllehi, then these two falling out over the future strategy of signings and squadbuilding is another thing pointing to this.

Joestlaachmkr

None of these journos have a clue, let’s be honest.

Emery wasn’t even mentioned last time.
Indeed.

Emery were not mentioned as a candidate by the press until 2-3 days before he was unveiled as Arsenal manager. According to the press, Luis Enrique had already signed a deal to take over Arsenal in April 2018, but then next day it was Allegri who was in the running and the favorite for the job, while the other day it was Rodgers who were the favourite. You can`t take anything which the press comes out with seriously.

say yes

forum master baiter
Indeed.

Emery were not mentioned as a candidate by the press until 2-3 days before he was unveiled as Arsenal manager. According to the press, Luis Enrique had already signed a deal to take over Arsenal in April 2018, but then next day it was Allegri who was in the running and the favorite for the job, while the other day it was Rodgers who were the favourite. You can`t take anything which the press comes out with seriously.
Yeah literally 3 people know who we want as manager: Raul, Vinai and Josh. Until they leak the news to someone reliable, this entire thread is speculation.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why not poof, I’m 8 pints deeps.

3 Gin Tonics, 5 pints. On here because I've been let down early by two friends having games tomorrow, but I continue my having been turned down by a girl more viciously than needed after having had a thing with her for months one week drinking bender. It's tonight and tomorrow I'll have to see her again, but I organized something to leave that event early and go out with friends. Sunday is recovery time, Monday I'll be back working and doing sports and laying of the drink for a while. But tonight and tomorrow it's still **** it time.

Chaoz_Enigma

I still can't believe that Emery was sacked without any contingency plan.
We all want Emery out, and his last few games in charge the boards' hands are tied they have to get rid of him to lift short term mood.

I am sure they did not plan to fire Emery and rather prefer to give him more time but it was impossible. We have to look at the outside situation as well, Jose was not available and I suspect majority of us does not want him. There wasnt any other top candidates that is available as well at his time of sacking which is not even middle of season. Vieira and Arteta still have their jobs and I am sure couldnt be snapped up upon quick notice.

We as fans try as much as possible to have something/someone to blame. Ultimately the easiest to blame are the leaders in this case the top management and the board. Lets face it nobody knew this was coming when we appoint emery. In fact many of us were glad and the 22 game unbeaten run last season seemed to make us feel we are onto the next era post-wenger. Things are never easy, the board are smart enough to give emery only 2 years contract and upon the first he almost wins a trophy for us as well as champions league qualification, to a certain extent an improvement from the 2017/2018 season. Nobody, even after the first 2 games of the season, can predict we will implode the way we do and circumstances forced our hands.

We have to realise that we as fans are fickle minded and short-termist. We hope the board and top management does not have our views on solutions and make only short term plans. appointing the next head coach/manager has to suit the long term vision that the club has as well as the touch of class that we ought have.

PS: F*** the haters and be patient. Lets be the support in the "supporter" word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom