• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
You know that Cross article is bollocks just because of how he has worded everything.

• There is a growing feeling Pochettino is their no.1 choice.
  • They hope Ljungberg can take charge until they get the right man in place and that might not be until the summer.
  • The leading two candidates who are available are Vieira and Arteta.
What a load of ****e.

I believe that the sky is blue, although there are some reports that it depends and there is increasing feeling in the scientific community that light as we believe it to be may in fact not be.

Captain Obvious )

Leeroy1979

Has anyone thought about the idea of Arteta and Freddie working together or not? Arteta coach with Freddie assistant? I mean it seems like a kick in the teeth to Freddie but he also seems like the type who'd do anything to see the club start winning again.

Feel like Arteta could be the brains of how we play and Freddie could motivate the team, integrate the youth, the stuff people are worried Arteta can't, idk I'm just spitballing again.

Arteta doesn't exactly have any backroom staff so maybe it'd be an idea, I'm just spitballing.
We'd get whatever arteta is bringing to the table (not being anti arteta here but we don't know yet) as well as what Freddie has. We are short on staff so it would seem like an ideal situation

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Nuno wouldn't be my choice but are we going to get a top manager in the summer? Probably not, so bring in Nuno and see if he can at least get us EL next season, or even win it this season and get us CL, I don't see Freddie doing either as the club don't seem to be fully supporting him so we need to act now.

Leeroy1979

Nuno wouldn't be my choice but are we going to get a top manager in the summer? Probably not, so bring in Nuno and see if he can at least get us EL next season, or even win it this season and get us CL, I don't see Freddie doing either as the club don't seem to be fully supporting him so we need to act now.
I agree we need someone in now and I share your concern about the likelihood of us getting a top manager in the summer...a likelihood that I feel will be even more distant if we leave Freddie in charge until the end of the season. Just can't get on board the Nuno train for me it's got to be potch or failing that ancellotti for this season and next to stabilise us so we can attract a top manager or bring Freddie on. I could get behind a bold and brave move for arteta if he has an experienced coaching team and the board fully backs him in jan. For me the the most important thing is getting a new man in now

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree we need someone in now and I share your concern about the likelihood of us getting a top manager in the summer...a likelihood that I feel will be even more distant if we leave Freddie in charge until the end of the season. Just can't get on board the Nuno train for me it's got to be potch or failing that ancellotti for this season and next to stabilise us so we can attract a top manager or bring Freddie on. I could get behind a bold and brave move for arteta if he has an experienced coaching team and the board fully backs him in jan. For me the the most important thing is getting a new man in now

Poch is my main choice but it doesn't seem to be happening. What we really need is a firm answer from him before bringing in Nuno. I'd definitely prefer Nuno over Ancelotti. For me Arteta is too much of a risk.

Leeroy1979

Poch is my main choice but it doesn't seem to be happening. What we really need is a firm answer from him before bringing in Nuno. I'd definitely prefer Nuno over Ancelotti. For me Arteta is too much of a risk.
I'm not sold on nuno if Im honest if we are going for an existing pl manager I'd rather Howe ...that said if nuno is what we end up with and he comes now it's better than what we currently have....as long as he drops the 3 at the back...I hate 3 at the back lol

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the best thing about appointing a new coach is that this thread can be put out of its collective misery

I just hope the appointment isn't put on hold until the summer

Leeroy1979

the best thing about appointing a new coach is that this thread can be put out of its collective misery

I just hope the appointment isn't put on hold until the summer
I don't think they can....the potential slippage of leaving it to Freddie could have a massive impact on us going forward...retention of players, recruitment, possible loss of revenue from Europe...all while the gap between us and top grows...its worrying the impact one piss poor season can have on our future direction

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nuno wouldnt be my first choice or even second but I can see a compelling reason why we are asking the question.

In the bracket of managers where the question is "can he step up" and from those managers he has the best track record at his current club.
Not sure, you can argue Howe has probably done more from the “can he step up” crowd.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Dreamt of Roberto Martinez last night. Make of that what you will.

tumblr_n0sawu7V1W1rvpaoho1_400.gifv

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I want a manager with a winning mentality, a clear philosophy (preferably offensive, but at least recognizable and direct) and a track record of developing players given our stable of promising players.

Don't know if Nuno fits that profile, but his team is performing rather well.

Only coach that comes to my mind is Peter Bosz, but he isn't the type of coach to steady a rocking ship mid season. He needs time to bring across his philosophy during a preseason.

Leeroy1979

Not sure, you can argue Howe has probably done more from the “can he step up” crowd.
I'd be ok with Howe, lots of voices I need the game saying he's going to be a top manager. His recruitment is a worry with some of what he's brought in but with us if the higher ups are overseeing recruitment it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Plus he's used to working with players that are not necessarily seen as top drawer. He would surely jump at the chance to come to us? Strange no one is considering him especially with some of the random buggers on our reported shortlist which seems to change daily

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I want a manager with a winning mentality, a clear philosophy (preferably offensive, but at least recognizable and direct) and a track record of developing players given our stable of promising players.

Don't know if Nuno fits that profile, but his team is performing rather well.

Only coach that comes to my mind is Peter Bosz, but he isn't the type of coach to steady a rocking ship mid season. He needs time to bring across his philosophy during a preseason.

Simeone should be good in what you mentioned.Apart from his style,maybe too defensive for us.

Leeroy1979

Said on here last week.......locals in mumbles say he is moving back into his Langland house....I saw him in the local coffee shop last week as well lol

His side as look great going forward but decidedly less so at the back. They love him down here in swansea tho after he set the foundations that Rodgers built on to get swansea up

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Said on here last week.......locals in mumbles say he is moving back into his Langland house....I saw him in the local coffee shop last week as well lol

His side as look great going forward but decidedly less so at the back. They love him down here in swansea tho after he set the foundations that Rodgers built on to get swansea up

Doubt that he's what Arsenal needs atm.I mean,he did well at Wigan and made them better,but he likes to be very offensive and defence looks average.Reckon that this job is too much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom