• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Freddie has very little experience coaching at the senior level (or any level, for that matter). So his experience with this team comes from Emery. He's not going to make radical changes. This is why they need to hire somebody now. A new manager will bring, hopefully, fresh ideas along with experience and will have an opportunity to shake things up. That might be the only way to get things moving in the right direction.

Honestly, I fear that leaving Freddie in charge until the summer could be a huge mistake with long-term repercussions for the club. With his lack of experience, he could get overwhelmed. That would be bad for Freddie as well. It's just not fair to him.

Agree, that's why I was so gobsmacked that they finally sacked Emery but had no plan in place. I just thought they would be ready with a new manager. Nothing against Freddie but this job needs experience, same reason I don't want Arteta.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I’ll give them benefit of the doubt with Emery, they got it wrong, no problem.

But everything surrounding the departure of Emery and since, looks off. We took forever to sack him, seem to have made no contact with any manager in preparation for his sacking, and are now in limbo land. Compare that to Sp**s.

I just posted similar without seeing yours. Not often we agree! ;)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Post Emery has been handled pretty bad. Situation is still up in the air. Uncertainty is never a good thing.

Seems to me Ljungberg has been told he won’t have it until the end of the season but they’re taking a bit too long for my liking. Poch is clearly the best candidate on the market. If he don’t want it and you’re looking for a young coach/former player then Arteta is the best option considering he almost got it before. There’s no need to interview ****s like Marcelino.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I’ll give them benefit of the doubt with Emery, they got it wrong, no problem.

But everything surrounding the departure of Emery and since, looks off. We took forever to sack him, seem to have made no contact with any manager in preparation for his sacking, and are now in limbo land. Compare that to Sp**s.

Yeah Sp**s dealt with their managerial change incredibly well. I don't even know what we're doing. But the longer we leave it the more harm that will be done. Imagine had we sacked Emery post Leicester like we should have instead of the board crying about noise. We'd have had a entire fortnight without playing any games to get something sorted. We've made our own mess here. It's absolutely shambolic. And none of this "the right appointment" stuff washes with me tbh. We haven't got a clue. Someone like Allegri doesn't want to come and the board probably fears a backlash with some other appointments, then there's Arteta who's gonna be a massive gamble.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They'll hire Arteta after pochy telling them no next week. Really wish Poch ready to be back to management it'll be incredible appointment

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah Sp**s dealt with their managerial change incredibly well. I don't even know what we're doing. But the longer we leave it the more harm that will be done. Imagine had we sacked Emery post Leicester like we should have instead of the board crying about noise. We'd have had a entire fortnight without playing any games to get something sorted. We've made our own mess here. It's absolutely shambolic. And none of this "the right appointment" stuff washes with me tbh. We haven't got a clue. Someone like Allegri doesn't want to come and the board probably fears a backlash with some other appointments, then there's Arteta who's gonna be a massive gamble.

The board is an absolute disaster...as you said they are still dealing with Wenger going overall, as he did pretty much everything for them...then some significant members of our beckroom have left, so they had to deal with that...then Emery has gone, and they have to deal with finding a new manager...it’s a mess :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Agree, that's why I was so gobsmacked that they finally sacked Emery but had no plan in place. I just thought they would be ready with a new manager. Nothing against Freddie but this job needs experience, same reason I don't want Arteta.

Yeah, Arteta's lack of experience makes him a gamble for sure. I'd be more comfortable with him today than last year since he's not following Wenger, but I'd still prefer someone with some experience rather than what's truly a complete unknown as far as managing is concerned. He's far closer to ready than Freddie (hey, that rhymes!), but I'd still like to see him manage a smaller or mid-table club (I know. I know.) before taking on Arsenal.

Predicates

I am almost certain that the delay in appointing a new manager is because they are waiting on Poch's decision. It would not have taken them two weeks to get a response from Arteta.

The fact that no answer has been forthcoming from Poch could very well be interpreted as a positive sign - an indication that he and Arsenal are currently in serious discussions - given that he apparently arrived back in London two days ago.

In the meantime, they have been fairly proactive by interviewing a wide range of candidates. Ancelotti has allegedly been spoken to, as have Pereira, Sousa, Vieira and Marcelino. This displays a deal of consideration by not rushing into appointing someone who may not be the best option in the long term.

Predicates

The media hardly have any idea who we are going to appoint. Yet they apparently know that Pep will be sacked and replaced by Poch six months in advance?

Total nonsense. I doubt Pep will leave in the summer, but if he does they will probably go for Arteta/van Bronckhorst.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The media hardly have any idea who we are going to appoint. Yet they apparently know that Pep will be sacked and replaced by Poch six months in advance?

Total nonsense. I doubt Pep will leave in the summer, but if he does they will probably go for Arteta/van Bronckhorst.

Don't think they'll go for Arteta at all, neither him nor Gio. If someone like Tuchel is available can see them going for the "ready-made" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom