• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joestlaachmkr

Allegri just said he want to keep taking this year off and back to management in summer. We'll have to rule him out
Sad but true. Allegri was apparantly interested in succeeding Wenger 18 months ago and he was interviewed for the job, but the board went for Emery instead and i can fully understand if Allegri would now say no to becoming Arsenal manager because of that.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Honestly, id spend our whole ****ing budget on Simeone to come in and let him rebuild this team. He wouldn't take half the **** these players put in as a so called performance. He would be livid and he would fight for the team and expect our players to run their socks off and run through a brick wall if needed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
New manager will need 2/3 new defenders to go with Saliba and Tierney.

Who signed Sokratis and Luiz? Who is taking the blame for them? Emery wasn’t signing players. Who is accountable for these signings? Torreira too.

Who signed Sokratis and Luiz? Who is taking the blame for them? Emery wasn’t signing players. Who is accountable for these signings? Torreira too.

I tried to tell people that Luiz, Sokratis transfer window idea was disaster. Got murdered on here.

But why you so angry on this? You thought these players would get top4 easily ahead of Lampy and baby murderer.

Joestlaachmkr

You can show as much authority as you like but if the players aren’t up to it then what can you do? Luiz, Sok, Mustafi etc simply cant defend.
Pep has been known for giving his players 1 chance only to prove themselves, he would have given half our squad the boot.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Mislintat signed two of those.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Stop talking about Poch it's like saying all we need is messi, ronaldo, Ramos, Kdb and VVD.

We are a mid table club simple as stop deluding yourself.

Don't be ridiculous. Arsenal is still the biggest club in London and one of the biggest in history. The idea that a former manager of the 3rd biggest club in London who has never won a trophy is somehow an unattainable dream for lowly Arsenal is just silly.

Plus, I didn't say all Arsenal needs is Pochettino. I said Arsenal needs to hire one of the available managers -- of which Pochettino happens to be one. Pay attention.

(Plus, if you actually had been paying attention, you'd know that I said they need to hire somebody to avoid finishing 12th. So pay attention.)

giphy.gif

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I liked the idea of an Arteta helmed rebuild. I also liked the idea of Vieira at one point. After seeing how badly the players have responded to adversity this season I'm starting to shift to thinking that we should stay well away from both. It's not fair or constructive to appoint those guys without a basis to work from.

This team needs a simeone. We need a manager they will fear disappointing. They are hopeless as a unit, and I'm sick of hearing about our character. It's non existent, and there's only so much to be said about a trait that is so absent.

Bring in someone who can steady this ship. Relegation battles suddenly don't look so absurd. We simply cannot engage in anything of such stakes where any kind of "battle" is required. This group aren't up to it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If a club legend with a big player CV who's basically been all about "lets bring back player happiness" cannot spark anything i really don't see how Poch or Ancelotti is gonna be much different.

Oh, come on. Half of these guys were pre-pubescent children the last time Freddie played for Arsenal (Martinelli was 5; even Aubameyang was 17). What do they know about Freddie at Arsenal? Freddie is a club legend and seems like a great guy. That doesn't make him a qualified football manager.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pep has been known for giving his players 1 chance only to prove themselves, he would have given half our squad the boot.
He certainly would have if they were playing for City because he'd have the money to replace them.

Joestlaachmkr

He certainly would have if they were playing for City because he'd have the money to replace them.
Pep has been known for not giving his players a second chance if they make mistakes at either Barcelona, Bayern or City, i`m not claiming he would turn our current squad into world class but i think a manager like Pep would certainly have gotten more out of them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh, come on. Half of these guys were pre-pubescent children the when Freddie played for Arsenal (Martinelli was 5; even Aubameyang was 17). What do they know about Freddie at Arsenal? Freddie is a club legend and seems like a great guy. That doesn't make him a qualified football manager.
Nobody knows what he's like as a manager yet. You can't lick this bunch of misfits into shape in just 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom