• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
John Cross should be banned from the media room at our club.

The lad acts like he knows his stuff but he knows **** all.

This melt will be the first one to suck Emery's **** as soon as he learns English.

There's no need for him to learn English though, he works for The Mirror.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
“Several things stood out during his interview and the entire process; his football knowledge, energy, determination and love of the game. His familiarity with our club and our players, the Premier League and the game in Europe were all very impressive. He shares our vision to move forward, to build on the platform created by Arsène Wenger and help this club enjoy greater success.”

Looks like the leaks about his presentation was spot on.. Wonder how much truth there is in the other stuff leaked too.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Was wondering about Arteta and think in the end there were just too many uncertainties about him. No experience, maybe they would be able to accept that if he can make it up with his knowledge. But no backroom staff either, which is a huge risk. He would have to find several people to work with, even though they have never worked together before. No one knows how that would work out.

And lastly the fact that he played with several players still at the club. Players who only recently arrived could start wondering if everyone would be treated equally if for instance Ramsey got a more prominent role and treated slightly differently or even made captain.

All together, a big chance there would be frictions and tensions coming from all different angles. Simply too much of a risk.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Thierry Henry coming in for his interview this past Monday:

s1fPqX1.gif

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Think the home fans should come up with a song to the tune of Whitney Houston (Dolly Parton actually wrote it) will always love you

UNAAIIA

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I have met Stan and Josh Kroenke and it’s clear they have great ambitions for the club and are committed to bringing future success. I’m excited about what we can do together and I look forward to giving everyone who loves Arsenal some special moments and memories.”

This suggests to me that a deal has been in the pipeline longer than suspected. Sounds like it wasn't hashed out in the couple of hours he was in London on Monday.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd love to hear a manager attempt to explain this theory. Im not even sure use the term...
Feel like it's setting up a team to get the best out of a set player who also happens to be your best player.

Like when Conte switched to the 5 at the back because Hazard having defensive responsibility wasn't working? They also always play with a target man too so that Hazard has someone to link up with in advanced areas. That's the closest example I can think of. You also have Klopp saying he went out to buy a player like Salah because he recognised that Firmino needed wide strikers around him rather than traditional wingers.

The two examples I mentioned are just about having players who complement each other well. For your elite players you'd look to purchase one or two guys who will maximise their performances but I don't see why you'd need to tailor an entire team around one player.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This suggests to me that a deal has been in the pipeline longer than suspected. Sounds like it wasn't hashed out in the couple of hours he was in London on Monday.

I really hope that Stan and Josh paid full attention during the presentation.

I'm really hoping that they learnt a thing or two in general regarding football and have bought into his plans and ideas, also what he wants on the pitch and how much it may cost financially.

Each party needs to go into this with a full understanding of where we are at currently, and what we require financially to improve, I also hope the Kroenke's/Gazidis were honest regarding finances available to him.

Exciting times.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I really hope that Stan and Josh paid full attention during the presentation.

I'm really hoping that they learnt a thing or two in general regarding football and have bought into his plans and ideas, also what he wants on the pitch and how much it may cost financially.

Each party needs to go into this with a full understanding of where we are at currently, and what we require financially to improve, I also hope the Kroenke's/Gazidis were honest regarding finances available to him.

Exciting times.

I'm sure I've read Josh has been in London for a couple of months now, I hope he sticks around a bit longer and learns a bit more.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Some of the more neutral Twitters and news outlets have actually reported on Emery having been interested in the Arsenal job all along and that meetings of club and manager represenatatives have happened as early as a month ago.

I still don't trust Gazidis, I firmly believe Arteta was his idiotic choice being bold for boldness' sake, trying to elevate himself from being the Americans' lapdog in Wenger's shadow into the big boy club of CEOs and presidents. It's either he's lucked into Emery cause the Spaniard gave such a great presentation or was nudged towards him by Raul and Sven.

For not one second do I believe that Emery appeared at Colney on Monday out of thin air, without any firmly established contact to the club, to impress with in depth knowledge about apparently everything Arsenal.

The Arteta fanboys spin it as Gazidis "cold feet" and Emery as some deus ex machina, or label Emery as a yes-man while Arteta, who in the beginning was labelled a rookie yes man, now has become the no-man who wanted too much power over staff and transfers. What a shame Emery is bringing in his own people, so that's the falling out over staff argument regarding Arteta out the window.

I do believe they looked and talked to certain candidates, and while I also believe that Arteta was Gazidis' favourite for a good while, Emery has emerged as the best prepared and most convincing of them. The chosen applicant being one of the last to be interviewed, although employers had already practically set their minds another one, happens in all industries all the time. Doesn't mean Emery came out of nowhere.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Some of the more neutral Twitters and news outlets have actually reported on Emery having been interested in the Arsenal job all along and that meetings of club and manager represenatatives have happened as early as a month ago.

I still don't trust Gazidis, I firmly believe Arteta was his idiotic choice being bold for boldness' sake, trying to elevate himself from being the Americans' lapdog in Wenger's shadow into the big boy club of CEOs and presidents. It's either he's lucked into Emery cause the Spaniard gave such a great presentation or was nudged towards him by Raul and Sven.

For not one second do I believe that Emery appeared at Colney on Monday out of thin air, without any firmly established contact to the club, to impress with in depth knowledge about apparently everything Arsenal.

The Arteta fanboys spin it as Gazidis "cold feet" and Emery as some deus ex machina, or label Emery as a yes-man while Arteta, who in the beginning was labelled a rookie yes man, now has become the no-man who wanted too much power over staff and transfers. What a shame Emery is bringing in his own people, so that's the falling out over staff argument regarding Arteta out the window.

I do believe they looked and talked to certain candidates, and while I also believe that Arteta was Gazidis' favourite for a good while, Emery has emerged as the best prepared and most convincing of them. The chosen applicant being one of the last to be interviewed, although employers had already practically set their minds another one, happens in all industries all the time. Doesn't mean Emery came out of nowhere.

Agree with this. Emery has had plenty of time to put together a presentation as they announced he would be leaving PSG a week after Wenger announced he was leaving us. No doubt in my mind Emery would have looked at the Wenger announcement and got his people to contact the club to see if he had a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom