• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

[light hearted] is Paddy suffering from the EA curse?

sabret00the

Established Member
If you don't know what that is then that's when you go on the cover of an EA game you become a shadow of your former self, this has effected many boxers in it's time causing the likes of Lewis and Jones to both get knocked out, if it now moving into Football with Paddy being the first victim?

Google Sources: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=EA+Cur ... S:eek:fficial

hujja

Established Member
:| Could be possible. I thought it was when we got sponsorship from Emirates that our season turned into crap.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
ah, could be. Majority (if not all) Madden and NCAA cover players have all been injured after appearing on the cover of the american football game :lol:

NFL players have appeared on the cover of the Madden game since the 2001 version. Eddie George, Daunte Culpepper, Marshall Faulk, Michael Vick, and Ray Lewis were the covers from 2001-2005 respectively. Every one of these players, with the exception of Ray Lewis, merely because this season is so new, has been victim of either poor numbers, injuries, or both.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
good point... and besides, there are new people on FIFA 2005 so he is no longer on the game cover of the newest version...

OneProudGooner

Established Member
He's had 2 good games before yesterday now here we go again.. yes he's our captain and he should be performing but what about the other underperforming stars we had yesterday for most of the game?

sabret00the

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
well, most of the talk of the EA curse has dealt with injuries, not necesarily playing crap.
the boxers who have appeared all got knocked out, paddy taking up space on the pitch could knock us outta the premiership race :eek:

OneProudGooner said:
He's had 2 good games before yesterday now here we go again.. yes he's our captain and he should be performing but what about the other underperforming stars we had yesterday for most of the game?
i hear ya but he was the worst.

marhes26

well Fifa is crap...maybe Henry will bring us luck being on the front of Pro Evo 4..which whoops fifa's ass.

koivu

Don't forget the NBA with Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, etc. as well as the NHL.

As for the cover of FIFA, there is a different cover back in North America for 'FIFA Soccer' but over here I believe there are the same players.

Clarkey

Players who appear on the covers of Electronic Arts Sports games such as the FIFA, Madden, NHL, NBA games (Tiger Woods too could be arguabled) etc suffer a dip in form or an injury according to curse which scarily is more accurate then I believed when looking into it a while back. Spooky stuff, or just Fergie with a Voodoo doll.

tbbosa

Its the blue kit I tell you.:eek:ops:...does anyone remember 2002 season!! Thats why I love the yellow one, it has got success written over it. We should try the golden one next season!!

Clarkey

Well really its just the NFL and American sports it applied/applies to as the history dictated, its just it can be drawn to Fifa too....though a certain Dennis Bergkamp didn't do that bad after appearing......but then there was Glenn Helder and Jason Macateer!

mood

As they say - the so-called 'curse' causes injury problems.

Henry and Ronaldinho have been playing through injury this season - who both havent shown their 100%. Del Piero, also on the cover with them - gets injured every few games and is playing terrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom