• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool 4-2 Arsenal-Today,7:45, So close yet so far.

go49oner

Established Member
liverpoolarsenalclev8.jpg

Frankly, am sick of the 1-1 results against these muppets, thats the third one-all draw we had with them this season, and we could and should of won all 3.
So now we're out the league title race and with nothing else to play for, the champion league is our only hope of silverware this season. So I say we go out there and give it all we have.

PS we haven't scored a single goal from open play since Adebayor goal against Milan month ago.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This will surely be the team (like it or not)

-------------Almunia
Toure Senderos Gallas Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Flamini Diaby
----------------------Hleb
-------------Adebayor

asajoseph

Established Member
Liverpool really aren't very good - I don't think they have been in either performance against us.

However, we haven't been very good for months either. Defensively and in attack we've completely lost our way - the former illustrated by the number of goals we're conceding, and the positional horror-story we keep seeing, whilst we can see the latter from the fact that we haven't scored from open play in ages.

If we can get some of our early-season form back, we can do 'em, no problem.

Difficulty is, we've just run our most important player into the ground today, Liverpool have an away goal, Anfield is a tough place to go, and they've got a massive moral victory from ending our title challenge. So it'll be straightforward then.

Wenger, go earn your money!

awooga83

Established Member
Like has been mentioned Liverpool have not looked anything special but unfortunately for us that is better then us. I do not see us progressing it would take a performance outside of the teams default character and with the away goal I don't think we will have the response and so will end another season prematurely, only this time one that promised so much more.

Here is hoping for a miracle.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The more I think about it, the more I think we can beat them. Nothing's going right for us, our backs are against the wall...the stage is set for a good performance (hopefully).

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm sick of gifting points to the ultra-passive scousers. Benitez only makes subs to respond to our subs, what a reactive git. I hope we put these permanent arse-nuggets to the sword to make up for the points they've undeservedly knicked off us this season.

We have to score early to make it easy, which means we won't.

nazo

Established Member
As said, Liverpool aren't that good. We should be able to get through unless we make it harder for ourselves.

I'm guessing Wenger will go with

Almunia
Toure-Gallas-Senderos-Clichy
Eboue-Cesc-Hleb-Flamini-Diaby
Ade

I'm hopeful Sagna and Robin are back though. If they are they should start.

IBL

Established Member
Last chance saloon as far as the season is concerned. With the title hunt well and truly over I expect the players to put in a momnumental performance and try to save something from such a promising campaign.

As far as team selection goes, as long as Eboue is not on the field I'm happy

asajoseph

Established Member
Eboue will almost certainly play, I'm pretty sure of it.

I'd be staggered if he doesn't, to be honest.

stuart

Established Member
hahahahaha at the animation :lol:
I agree that Liverpool aren't very good. Unfortunately, neither are we. Both teams on their day are pretty good but i've come to accept that neither are anything spectacular.

I think we are a better team than them. Unfortunately we haven't been able to prove that with the two 1-1 draws this week. They are mighty hard to beat in Europe, but i think we can do it. We sure as hell need to beat them or the season WILL BE OVER.

I think we can do it, but im very cautious. They just seem to have that something else when it comes to Europe. Really dont know. I think we're well capable of scoring there but we may well need two.

thegame24

Established Member
Liverpool really are ****.

we have to defend against gerrard and thats it.

We can do it and i hope i go to the game

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i will give up my everything, just for arsenal to go through.

come on you gunners!

tam1886

Established Member
We've had them on the ropes for the majority of this bout. They've still landed a few jabs though, which is why they are still in this. We aren't at full fitness though and it's showing, as they still looked fresh today whereas we were tiring. The opportunity has been there though to put this beyond doubt because we've outsmarted them on numerous occasions. They are on the defensive we aren't hitting them hard enough, as the lack of a killer blow is hampering us. The power has gone from the attack, but the chance is still there to hit them hard. The only difference may be a drop of the shoulder and a swing from the other side, but we are more than capable. If we can summon up all our energy for this game I'm sure we can land a knockout blow to them. I've been watching some videos of Muhammed Ali on youtbe, can you tell?

After today, the heavyweight title is gone, but we are still not down and out. I want to see a reaction at Anfield. The players have pissed away a lead which was well within their power of keeping and extending. They owe themselves something this season. Playing well for a large part of the season counts for nothing if you don't walk away with a trophy at the end of it.

USArsenal said it best in the Premier League thread in football talk, 'Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and **** the prom queen.' I want those players to learn from Sean Connery's words of wisdom. Come May, I want Fabregas to be ****ing a prom queen.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have we ever had a winger with a worse touch than emmanuel eboue ? His every shot and every pass is either over hit, under hit, or flying into the stands. Theo may have struggled to shine for us so far in his career but the last 4 or 5 times we've seen him he's looked sharper, stronger, quicker, and a hell of a lot more threatening than eboue. He is one of our very few remotely in form players right now and added to the factor that his pace has exposed carragher, skertel, and hyypia on countless occasions, i would be shocked if Arsène opts for eboue ahead of him.

Like asa said - i really don't rate this liverpool side at all. Torres is a fantastic player but he is not the drogba-crouch type power striker that we sturggle against. If we lose this it will be because our defence has been a shambles. As bad as our form is right now, i really think this is our tie to lose. We WILL get a handful of chances like we did in all 3 games against them so far, so it is just a matter of taking them, and for once not being so horrific at the back.

If only it were that easy.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
bluenaz said:
As said, Liverpool aren't that good. We should be able to get through unless we make it harder for ourselves.

I'm guessing Wenger will go with

Almunia
Touré-Gallas-Senderos-Clichy
Eboue-Cesc-Hleb-Flamini-Diaby
Ade

I'm hopeful Sagna and Robin are back though. If they are they should start.

I agree that will be what Wenger plays, i dont agree with Diaby on the left though, Theo made some impression there on Tuesday before moving to the right. If Robbie is fit, its got to be 4-4-2 for me, we wont get anything if we dont score.

Wasnt Sagna out 3 weeks? i think he's got more chance for the weekend then for Anfield.

Lancelot

Established Member
Can't believe I'm saying this, but it will be one hell of a boring match where the winner capitalizes on another's defensive boo-boo.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom