• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool 4-2 Arsenal-Today,7:45, So close yet so far.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
arsenal was on top of the league for over 20 games.

it means we deserve to win the league.

great work

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
LeTallec said:
When you think about it, for over half the tie we were ahead, 4 times longer than Arsenal.
When I think about, I'd like back the minute of my life that you just wasted with that load of obvious crapola.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I remember how people said Le Tallec would be the next Zidane, when in fact... :lol: :wink:

I know the post seemed like it was going to be really clever, it didn't quite turn out like that did it. :roll: :)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Don Pacifico said:
I remember how people said Le Tallec would be the next Zidane, when in fact... :lol: :wink:

I know the post seemed like it was going to be really clever, it didn't quite turn out like that did it. :roll: :)
:lol: Not really. Here's the condensed version: Liverpool won, Arsenal lost. We get it.

Bergy_1995

Still can't quite believe Liverpool came away with the win. It just felt like OUR tie to win. They must be counting their lucky spades the sad ****ers. Go and win the Premier League you bunch of lucky cup runners. With Benitez in charge? No chance.

Shankly's mate

ricky1985 said:
Couldnt agree more, Imagine him and Carragher as a partnership. God that would be fearsome. It would have evreything.

Have a word with Rafa, we got a promising young Swiss defender who'd be interested in a swap deal.

Ha ha, I think I've seen him play before, on that basis I'll erm decline your offer.

_scorpion_

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
_scorpion_ said:
Actually what Growler said is 100% correct.

It may not have been a blatant penalty - but at best it was a 50-50 and we lucked out.

Truth be told, Touré's defending on the right was diabolical in both matches and we paid the price in both matches.
Eh? So you think Hleb's was 50/50 too? FIFA reps and others saying the exact opposite. Forget it, I'm not sure you understood anything of what you just commented on.

Hleb's was a penalty.

Babel's was a 50-50 and we got the short end of the stick.

But my point was that we should have taken our chances in the first match and gone through on that alone.

Licking your wounds never tastes nice so I suggest you stop doing it.

Our tactics, team selection and lack of concentration (in defence and attack) contributed more to the result than both penalty decisions.

Shankly's mate

Don Pacifico said:

Cheyrou was actually going to be the next Zidane and in fairness he was....for 90 minutes anway. Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool one of the best evening ever, I remember our 3rd choice keeper had to play in goal for most of the game and made some fantastic saves. What a night for the underdogs.

True Gooner

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Hleb's was a penalty.

But my point was that we should have taken our chances in the first match and gone through on that alone.

Our tactics, team selection and lack of concentration (in defence and attack) contributed more to the result than both penalty decisions.

Your right.
Although out problem this time was not completely down to us not taking our chances.

It was our inability to keep tight and composed at the back.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Biggus said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
People need to realize how incredibly thin the line between triumph and heartbreak is at this level. We were 5 minutes away from a great european night, where no doubt we would have received a media ****-fest about the incredible ability, style, quality, and mental strength by the brilliant team that has finally come of age.

Instead, we now have to hear all about liverpool's european legend and benitez's tactical mastermind. I have replayed the so called penalty a thousand times over, and no matter what team you support, there is absolutely no chance in hell that that was a penalty. Fabregas gave babel the slightest of pulls outside the area, but that doesnt matter because it was Touré who was judged to have comitted an offence, and if you watch closely, babel, aware of gallas'spresence just in front of him, was clearly trying to make contact with Touré using his left arm before he tripped himself over. From any angle you look at it, there was absolutely no contact made by Touré what so ever. It was the most stone cold dive you will ever see.

What bothers me so much is people who say 'its your fault that you did not kill the game off' or other random highlighting of faults in our game, which, as legitemate as they are, does not in any way change the fact that we would be heading into a semi final tie with chelsea right now had it not been for yet another refereeing **** up. It was not because of the kop, it was not because of beintez or gerrard or torres or reina - it was because of one wrong penalty call.

Very good post!! I mean i bet we would not be reading on the new set of players or thing squad had we gone through. Its very unfortunate that so many of us make noise only once the final result is there. Fair and square some calls one will make even if we win..but a lot of this over analysis is pure Bs*. The ref decided who goes. Its not blaming its a fact. I dont know why when obvious decisions against the team are made and one points out its whigning.

Our defense has been very weak lately but its the same players who were very good early on. We wre s**t scared when Touré was heading to Africa, now some claim he is not even CB material..(we all agree FB is not his position).

We lost end of and we will move on but we did enuff to go through. Scoring 2 goals away is not a f*cing simple task yet you read some fool stating we are "toothless in attach".What the f**k did they expect, 3 goals? Idiotic fans

Our defense has suffered and that is the only thing that has been consistnely obvious for the past 6 weeks. I was very worried about the defense even after we scored the 2nd goal. I still have every faith in this team though.

The amount of anger/disappointment/venting that is comin from here exposes your inner beliefs that you think we are (the current team) good enuff to be in the Semis and good enuff to be leading the league.

The reason spuds fans will NOT be making noise about not winning the league/progressing the cL is cause they believe their team is not good enuff. We do believe we are good enuff and we have reason to cause the team has proven it.

I disagree, Since the hammerings by Spuds and ManU in the cups our deficiencies in squad depth and defence have been there for all to see. Then in the last month or so goals from open play by attackers have dried up. We are toothless in attack.
You call people idiotic, but you two are in the distinct minority. People here may be angry about the penalties, and depressed about the result of losing to a crap team, but they accept that we deserved to lose.
Every man and his dog could see this coming, if somehow we arsed past Liverpool, then we'd face humiliation at the hands of Chel$ki, or worse United!

To continue to blame the ref ignores the glaring inadequacy's that we've had as a team for months.

Agree with Biggus 100%.

That is exactly the situation we are in. Not some La La land where the referees of the planet have turned against us.

Anger aside, penalty decisions aside, we got exactly what was comming and it hurts like hell.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Shankly's mate said:
Don Pacifico said:

Cheyrou was actually going to be the next Zidane and in fairness he was....for 90 minutes anway. Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool one of the best evening ever, I remember our 3rd choice keeper had to play in goal for most of the game and made some fantastic saves. What a night for the underdogs.
Crap, got them confused.

Le Tallec was the next 'who' then?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
People need to realize how incredibly thin the line between triumph and heartbreak is at this level. We were 5 minutes away from a great european night, where no doubt we would have received a media ****-fest about the incredible ability, style, quality, and mental strength by the brilliant team that has finally come of age.

Instead, we now have to hear all about liverpool's european legend and benitez's tactical mastermind. I have replayed the so called penalty a thousand times over, and no matter what team you support, there is absolutely no chance in hell that that was a penalty. Fabregas gave babel the slightest of pulls outside the area, but that doesnt matter because it was Touré who was judged to have comitted an offence, and if you watch closely, babel, aware of gallas'spresence just in front of him, was clearly trying to make contact with Touré using his left arm before he tripped himself over. From any angle you look at it, there was absolutely no contact made by Touré what so ever. It was the most stone cold dive you will ever see.

What bothers me so much is people who say 'its your fault that you did not kill the game off' or other random highlighting of faults in our game, which, as legitemate as they are, does not in any way change the fact that we would be heading into a semi final tie with chelsea right now had it not been for yet another refereeing **** up. It was not because of the kop, it was not because of beintez or gerrard or torres or reina - it was because of one wrong penalty call.

Very good post!! I mean i bet we would not be reading on the new set of players or thing squad had we gone through. Its very unfortunate that so many of us make noise only once the final result is there. Fair and square some calls one will make even if we win..but a lot of this over analysis is pure Bs*. The ref decided who goes. Its not blaming its a fact. I dont know why when obvious decisions against the team are made and one points out its whigning.

Our defense has been very weak lately but its the same players who were very good early on. We wre s**t scared when Touré was heading to Africa, now some claim he is not even CB material..(we all agree FB is not his position).

We lost end of and we will move on but we did enuff to go through. Scoring 2 goals away is not a f*cing simple task yet you read some fool stating we are "toothless in attach".What the f**k did they expect, 3 goals? Idiotic fans

Our defense has suffered and that is the only thing that has been consistnely obvious for the past 6 weeks. I was very worried about the defense even after we scored the 2nd goal. I still have every faith in this team though.

The amount of anger/disappointment/venting that is comin from here exposes your inner beliefs that you think we are (the current team) good enuff to be in the Semis and good enuff to be leading the league.

The reason spuds fans will NOT be making noise about not winning the league/progressing the cL is cause they believe their team is not good enuff. We do believe we are good enuff and we have reason to cause the team has proven it.

I disagree, Since the hammerings by Spuds and ManU in the cups our deficiencies in squad depth and defence have been there for all to see. Then in the last month or so goals from open play by attackers have dried up. We are toothless in attack.
You call people idiotic, but you two are in the distinct minority. People here may be angry about the penalties, and depressed about the result of losing to a crap team, but they accept that we deserved to lose.
Every man and his dog could see this coming, if somehow we arsed past Liverpool, then we'd face humiliation at the hands of Chel$ki, or worse United!

To continue to blame the ref ignores the glaring inadequacy's that we've had as a team for months.

Biggus - nobody is ignoring any obvious flaws in our game. But can you honestly name one team in europe that does not have such flaws in their game that can be highlighted to the maximum by heartbroken fans after a loss ? Man utd have no out and out striker, no consistant goalscorers outside ronaldo, nor do they have any reliable 3rd choice strikers outside tevez and rooney. Liverpool have no ability to match technichal teams by playing football, nor do they have any world class players other than gerrard and torres. Chelsea have zero luck with injuries, nor do not have any decent right backs or any consistant wingers. Point is, if you listen to any of the top 4's supporters moan after a defeat - you will see that they can all highlight the exact same amount of flaws in their game/team/squad as we can.

At the end of the day, we have tons of games where we only score 2 or 3 goals out of a dozen chances - but nobody ever cares about the wastefulness or any other inadequacies that we display at the time, simply because of the simple fact that we won the game and we are automatically deemed worthy of praise. For christ sake, we scored 2 goals at ****ing anfield.

Do you think it was a penalty ? If you dont think it was, then it is a fact that we would have then most likely gone through had it not been for one man's horrible call, Do you not think it was a penalty ? Then i suggest you watch it again.

awooga83

Established Member
I think it was dubious but you can't say it wasn't a penalty it could have gone either way really with the way it happened and it went against us. But we have had loads of things go for us and will still do heck the Unbeaten season required a massive chunk of good fortune right at the start and throughout.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
Do you think it was a penalty ? If you dont think it was, then it is a fact that we would have then most likely gone through had it not been for one man's horrible call, Do you not think it was a penalty ? Then i suggest you watch it again.

Watching the replay a 1000 times won't change the fact that it was given a penalty. Whether we agree with it or not.

The real question is this : Are you going to pretend that our season fell apart because of dubious referee decisions or do you think the current flaws in the side (which have been there for a while) were properly exposed and we got what we deserved?

I personally think it's the latter and I hope the last 10 -12 matches force Arsène's hand in the summer.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
_scorpion_ said:
AnthonyG said:
_scorpion_ said:
It may not have been a blatant penalty - but at best it was a 50-50 and we lucked out.
Truth be told, Touré's defending on the right was diabolical in both matches and we paid the price in both matches.
Eh? So you think Hleb's was 50/50 too? FIFA reps and others saying the exact opposite. Forget it, I'm not sure you understood anything of what you just commented on.
Hleb's was a penalty.
Then make your points clear the first time _scorpion_, because that's patently not what you said.

As for licking my wounds, I've not jumped on the penalty excuse bandwagon and thus am not; as for you suggesting that I do anything, thanks but no thanks, I'll keep my own counsel if you don't mind.

_scorpion_

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
_scorpion_ said:
AnthonyG said:
_scorpion_ said:
Hleb's was a penalty.
Then make your points clear the first time _scorpion_, because that's patently not what you said.

As for licking my wounds, I've not jumped on the penalty excuse bandwagon and thus am not; as for you suggesting that I do anything, thanks but no thanks, I'll keep my own counsel if you don't mind.

My point was clear from the start.

Not my problem if you cannot see the wood from the trees.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd also like to say how much of a complete and utter shame it is that Arsène wenger's reputation is being tarnished by a nation that imo has long been unable to distinguish the simple difference between a sore moaner/loser and a rational thinker.

Wenger has not once come out after a game where we were thoroughly and fairly outplayed and outclassed and said that we deserved to win. When he talks about the penalty decision after the liverpool game, he is merely pointing out the decisive call in the tie which in the end seperated the two sides - which, as manager of the twice wrongly penalized football club - he has every ****ing right to do so.

Scorpion, i am not refering to our season here. I am simply saying all this in relation to the 90 minutes played at anfield on tuesday night. Did we lose because we fell apart at the end of the game ? No, we did not. Because toure did not panic and bring babel down. THAT would have been us falling apart. The ref awarding a ridiculous penalty - THAT was the pivotal difference in the tie and therefore we would both be sitting here discussing a heroic arsenal comeback had it not been for that one wrong call. It is not an excuse, it is not blame - it is a fact.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
_scorpion_ said:
My point was clear from the start.

Not my problem if you cannot see the wood from the trees.
Wow, this is either some kind of bizarre wind-up or you're just plain stubborn.

You said Growler was 100% correct with respect to his post, in particular the conversation about the two penalties. Growler maintained that the two penalties were equal - I and others disagreed. Now, you've just said or tried to say that Babel's was 50/50 (no problems with that, if that's your view), but that Hleb's was a definite penalty. To me there were not equal, to you they initially were (via Growler) and now they are not. So that's basically all I meant and if you think your point was clear from that then good luck to you.

On the other hand, we both agree to some extent that since they were not given/given, it's over, we can't change it, and that other reasons (besides the penalty call(s)) were to blame etc. So that's the end of it for me.

Kain

Established Member
Just watched the Theo run again, just pure class :D the scousers have the worst odds out of all the 4 remaining teams to win it despite their recent history in the competition, yep even a team whos never won it nor reached the finals has better odds.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom