• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, 15/08/10, SS1, 4pm GMT

MAK 14

Established Member
Re: Liverpool v Arsenal, 15/08/10, SS1

Don't think we'll win if I'm honest - our defence is terrible at the moment, plus we have key players injured/not available.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

Lots of unknowns now as far as midfield personnel are concerned. Robin and Cesc are definitely not starting, but will they be at least on the bench?

And what about Diaby, Denilson and Song? And the Goalkeeper question is something we've been trying to get a definitive answer for, since end of last season.

I am, however, not all that pessimistic. I think, Liverpool are a team who are very disjoint in attacking. They depend on individual brilliance or opponent mistake for their goals. Given our error prone nature, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we don't concede, but I also expect us to score goals.

I'm going for a win in this game and will actually be disappointed if this is a draw. Whether or not Song plays, though, is important for me and with Frimpong on, we'll find it hard to win.

Player to watch is obviously Arshavin and it'd be quite interesting to see if the legend of Andrei at Anfield continues.

mo50

Established Member

I'm expecting either a win or a draw, depending on our injury/fitness situation. If we could get Song and Diaby/Denilson fit, and one of RVP/Cesc plays, we will do well.

Liverpool haven't looked good in preseason either. Torres is a 50/50 for the game, and as long as he's out, our defense shouldn't have much issues.

I can't believe the seasons starting. It felt like yesterday when the Fulham game ended. This summer flew by.

xcdude24

Established Member
Can't believe it's time for real football again; Fulham seemed like it was a couple weeks ago.

If I were Wenger, i'd play

------------------------------Chesney-----------------------
---------Sagna---------TV------------Kos--------Gibbs--------
-------------------------------Song-------------------------
-------------------Nasri-----------Denilson----------------
--------Theo---------------------------------Shava---------
----------------------Chamakh-----------------------------

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Assuming the usual suspects are still out:

----------------------------------------Szczesny----------------------------------------
---------Sagna---------Koscielny------------Vermaelen--------Clichy---------
---------------------------------------Frimpong----------------------------------------
------------------------------Nasri-----------------Rosicky---------------------------
--------Eboue------------------------------------------------------------Shava-------
-------------------------------------Chamakh------------------------------------------

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I hope we will put in a good performance, that's all I'm asking for.
Whether it'll be enough or not - we'll see.

I for myself don't think we can win there, especially if our abysmal defending is to be continued.

We've now some international friendlies coming up, and they're mostly resulting in lots of injuries for us.
So predicting a line-up now would be far too early I guess.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Im glad its the season opener, especially after the debacle today. It makes the team realise that they gotta get their **** together.

Added to that we have a team on a bit of a high, new manager, potential takeover and big players commiting.

This is what I want to see.

------------Alumunia
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy
--------------Song
----------Nasri--Diaby
Rosicky------------------Arshavin
-------------Chamakh

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
alonso14 said:
i am away in Spain on my hols

I think it will be a draw

Dont be so modest mate, you guys look in decent shape for this one.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We simply must not lose.

I could see anything from us winning by a few goals to us losing by 3 or 4-0.

What is up with Song, Diaby and Denilson?

alonso14

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
alonso14 said:
i am away in Spain on my hols

I think it will be a draw

Dont be so modest mate, you guys look in decent shape for this one.

We have not scored in any freindly and have beaten a really **** team twice......

I am not optimistic really...

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom