• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sunday 4pm

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
f_LiverpoolArm_2f93b8e.png

Not gonna do a Gunners Nadz style thread here. But let's have it, thoughts on the probably line ups, outcome etc..

For my money, it's about time we went to Anfield and put on a performance. I don't think we've beaten them there since we won the title and Benitez arrived. In fact the last two league games at Anfield have been horrible.

But we're on a great run of form, I think we're a better team than Liverpool and I reckon we may just shade this one..

Edited for clarification

Jkreffer

Established Member
I assume you are talking league encounters. We gave them a bit of a lesson in the cups last year and I personally think that 4-1 flattered them in the league last year. We still managed to create chances in that game dispite playing as badly as we ever did last year.

I imagine Torres and Crouch will play and I am not entirely confident we can stop Crouch if he is on form. Hopefully his lack of game time will tell. I think we are a much better side than Liverpool and hopefully we can go and prove it.

I don't think Walcott will get to start this one but heres my predicted line-up...

Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Flamini Rosicky
Hleb Adebayor

lagos

Established Member
I have a sneaky feeling we will win this one. A win at anfield will make it 13 in a row. We play Manu to set a record of 15 straight wins, they halted our 49 game unbeaten run and I think our winning streak will go on till we play them. I think it's destiny that if any team will halt our winning streak, it will be Manu.

Rahul

I hope yor talking about not beating them in the league Rtc?

We beat them twice there,convincingly too.

And,yeah,i cant quite recollect a good performence from us there since i think we beat them with a man down when Gio got sent off.We did beat them in the unbeaten season with that beauty of a goal by Bobby...but i dont think that was one of our better performences that season especially the 1st half.

I think,we could very well win this game.The way we have been playing,imo,we can beat any team we play.

I think Rafa will put out a team that will get in our faces.And i think we have learnt to handle that now.

.................Almunia.................

Sagna....Kolo.......Gallas....Clichy

Rosicky..Cesc.....Flamini....Hleb

.................Ade.........Theo........

OR

......................Almunia...................

Sagna.....Kolo....Gallas......Clichy

Theo......Cesc.......Flamini....Rosicky

.............Hleb..............

...............................Ade.......

I dont buy the opinion of theo not being ready to play games like these.I think his pace and movement could hurt pool badly with their defence being highly immobile.

Id love if Arsène decided to let Hleb play on the left.He could have a field day against Finnan.And rosicky can play on the right.

I wouldnt mind Hleb playing through the centre even.Where ever he plays 1 thing is for sure,hes going to be instrumental.

P.S.-Id prefer the 1st line-up though....with Hleb on the left.

2-1 to Arsenal

Jkreffer

Established Member
A good performance was the season after we won the double and we drew 2-2. How we drew that game was criminal as it was one of the performances of the season with Henry, Pires, Dennis and Vieira giving an absolute masterclass. Damn Heskey in the final minute.

Lukazan

Established Member
Isn't Agger struggling for fitness? That's good news. If he plays he won't be fully fit and if he doesn't, it'll be Hyppia who'll bring down the overall pace of Liverpool's backline further.

Been on a Liverpool forum and they reckon they can beat us if Rafa sets Mascherano on Fabregas. The whole 'If you stop Fabregas, you stop Arsenal' argument. I guess they haven't been watching Hleb this season.

Potentially we could absolutely thump them, and I'm not joking. We're a far superior team to them in just about every single way. What will happen on the day though, I have no idea.

Rahul

Jkreffer said:
A good performance was the season after we won the double and we drew 2-2. How we drew that game was criminal as it was one of the performances of the season with Henry, Pires, Dennis and Vieira giving an absolute masterclass. Damn Heskey in the final minute.

oops,my bad. :eek:ops:

What a performence that.utterly brilliant.

marco

Rahul said:
Jkreffer said:

oops,my bad. :eek:ops:

What a performence that.utterly brilliant.

yep mark halsley gave them a last minute corner that never was.. not that im bitter

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I hope Agger and Torres don't recover in time for the game. Hyppia is really a weak link and with our pace we can really exploit Hyppia, as for Torres the boy is class and if he is not on the pitch that can only benifit us

Nyingmeh

Torres is class indeed, but take nothing away from our backline. Most of Torres is electrifying pace and I am not too sure that can trouble Kolo, Sagna or Clichy or even Eboue ( cover RB ). However, as I said I am worried with Gallas's form. Ade should get one, Theo should come off the bench and we need rosicky starting this one.

Jkreffer

Established Member
As I say Torres/Toure/Gallas seems to cancel itself out on paper. He is a skillful player with good athleticism but this almost favours out two centre backs. An on form Crouch seems a more dangerous prospect especially as Torres has just come back from injury. I may be speaking off the back of that hattrick last year though.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rahul said:
I think Rafa will put out a team that will get in our faces.And i think we have learnt to handle that now.

......................Almunia...................

Sagna.....Kolo....Gallas......Clichy

Theo......Cesc.......Flamini....Rosicky

.............Hleb..............

...............................Ade.......

I like this lineup. :)

It would be equally possible if AW plays 442 with Eduardo and Ade starting and Theo on the bench. An early substitution of Theo in the second half will defenitely run scousers' aging Hyppia's and Carragher's tits off. Theo and AW may spot some weakness in Liverpool's defense and exploit it when Theo comes up.

A 3-1 win to Arsenal.

awooga83

Established Member
I think we will play this lineup

Almunia
Sagna Touré Gallas Clichy
Hleb Fabregas Flamini Rosicky
Eduardo Adebayor

Anfield has never been a great place for us to go even in the recent times where we have definatly been better then Liverpool we never really managed to get results there.

It should be a great game with the whole team in form but how it will go I'm not totally sure this is our first really big test of the season and a chance to see where you are with your rivals so there will be a few questions asked of our players that they haven't had yet.

Liverpool haven't been in top gear and have won some games that perhaps they were lucky to win, and Rafa's rotations haven't helped but they will want to prove something as well so anything could happen really.

gunner321

Agree with the line-up predictions. Hope the team keep their feet on the ground after the slavia game, tbh with Gallas the captain and the general focus and determination in the team I cannot see them doing anything but that.

Very tight game this one, would take a draw, if we win it will be a hard fought 1-0 imo.

Mark

Established Member
I might change my mind a few times, but at the moment I'm set on this lineup:

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Hleb Flamini Fabregas Rosicky

Adebayor Walcott

1. Fabianski 2. Eduardo 3. Bendtner 4. Diaby 5. Gilberto

I don't want too many changes to personel or to our general system. We don't need to drop Flamini or Walcott. These players are in good form and are very capable of winning at Anfield. Changing things around shows weakness in my opinion and gives Liverpool the upper hand. They have plenty to fear from us, so we don't need to be set up any more cautiously. 3-1 to the Arsenal. Walcott, Adebayor and Rosicky.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i will play this side against pool at anfield.

Almunia
Sagna Touré Gallas Clichy
Hleb Fabregas Flamini Rosicky
Walcott Adebayor

i won't like to change the side that faced slavia. although its only slavia, its worth noting the high quality football is fantastic. walcott ade cesc hleb works very well together.

as much as i want to put hleb on the left flank, i can't force myself to select eboue instead of rosicky

j'nuh

Interestingly, recently has been the first time for a while we've had geniune strength in depth in alot of areas. I really have no idea who Wenger will play. For example upfront Walcott/Ade/Eduardo and Bendtner have all got a case for starting. Its the same with the midfield aswell.

I guess thats indicative of how the whole squad has stepped up this year.

My team would be:

----------Almunia-------------
--Sagna---Toure---Gallas---Clichy
------------------Gilberto---------------
Walcott-----Diaby---Fabregas---Hleb
--------------------Ade----------------------

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I sense something bad happening now that RC8 or Nadz didn't start the thread. We're in flying form with them pulling the strings, and you guys got greedy :(

Top Bottom