• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sunday 4pm

alonso14

Established Member
ibby said:
KingKolo said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:
I have nothing against Carragher as a person, and to be honest, I can’t believe the negative reaction he’s getting on Arsenal Mania. Yes, he fouled Fabregas, and we all know he wasn’t man of the match, but he seems to be a nice, humble bloke, and wears his heart on his sleeve, nothing wrong with that.

Besides, he praised us after the game, very nice of him considering they dropped 2 points at home.

He is a liar, no two ways about it. Don't you remember his post match interview after the Everton game, when asked, was that a penalty?

As for praising us, he had to, he isn't going to criticise us is he? we outplayed them at home & the fact that he & all the Liverpool players were breathing out their arses after the match proves that.

PS. Have we EVER seen a team that tired after playing Arsenal?

Oh...I got my prediction right!!!
In fairness, what do you expect him to say, that it wasn’t a penalty? As nice as it would be, it’s just not going to happen.

He had to praise us, but it’s the way that he done it that impressed me, it was sincere, it was more personal than a ‘they played well’, he specifically said it was like we had more players, which in itself is basically saying he felt we should’ve won.

As for seeing teams tired after playing Arsenal, I see it every time I go to Emirates! :D

Carragher being the 'honest' man he is could have told the truth, everyone knows it was a penalty. Acting like a total prick on national telly is not the way to handle it.

you are way over the top here mate

exp when your manager is notorious for not seeing anything

and i aiont criticising hom for it, i wouldnt give anythign away either......but dont take the moral high ground with Carragher when your manager has done the same on a few occasions

Alfonso

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I think it's important to draw distinctions between the player and the man. I don't know Carragher, I only know what I read and hear. He lives and dies Liverpool it seems, always has, and probably always will.

He used to be a 'die-hard' Everton supporter. I dont mind him though, he seems humble and respectful in his interviews, and he seems to know his football and doesnt chat **** like other players. He is also a big fan of AC Milan circa 1994. When Benitez first came to Anfield he told Jaime to watch dvds of that Milan side in order to know how to defend better etc.

alonso14

Established Member
Alfonso said:
MDGoonah41 said:
I think it's important to draw distinctions between the player and the man. I don't know Carragher, I only know what I read and hear. He lives and dies Liverpool it seems, always has, and probably always will.

He used to be a 'die-hard' Everton supporter. I dont mind him though, he seems humble and respectful in his interviews, and he seems to know his football and doesnt chat s**t like other players. He is also a big fan of AC Milan circa 1994. When Benitez first came to Anfield he told Jaime to watch dvds of that Milan side in order to know how to defend better etc.

he did indeed and most of his family still are

he was rejected by them when he was a kid and it cuts deep

ibby

Established Member
alonso14 said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:
I have nothing against Carragher as a person, and to be honest, I can’t believe the negative reaction he’s getting on Arsenal Mania. Yes, he fouled Fabregas, and we all know he wasn’t man of the match, but he seems to be a nice, humble bloke, and wears his heart on his sleeve, nothing wrong with that.

Besides, he praised us after the game, very nice of him considering they dropped 2 points at home.

He is a liar, no two ways about it. Don't you remember his post match interview after the Everton game, when asked, was that a penalty?

As for praising us, he had to, he isn't going to criticise us is he? we outplayed them at home & the fact that he & all the Liverpool players were breathing out their arses after the match proves that.

In fairness, what do you expect him to say, that it wasn’t a penalty? As nice as it would be, it’s just not going to happen.

He had to praise us, but it’s the way that he done it that impressed me, it was sincere, it was more personal than a ‘they played well’, he specifically said it was like we had more players, which in itself is basically saying he felt we should’ve won.

As for seeing teams tired after playing Arsenal, I see it every time I go to Emirates! :D

Carragher being the 'honest' man he is could have told the truth, everyone knows it was a penalty. Acting like a total prick on national telly is not the way to handle it.

and i aiont criticising hom for it, i wouldnt give anythign away either......but dont take the moral high ground with Carragher when your manager has done the same on a few occasions

And when was the last time them notorious 4 words came out of his mouth?

ricky1985

Established Member
Everyone needs to chill out with Carragher like KingKolo said he is a genuine good guy, who gives 100% in every minute of every game to make up for his lack of natrual ability.

He's not the best centreback in the world but he is a player I would love to bits if I supported Liverpool because he will bleed for the cause.

In his interview he said what he thought, right or wrong he called it how he saw it.
I respect Carragher's attitude and integrity, contrary to someone like Wayne Rooney who is a dirty little **** who I wouldnt give the time of day to, but then he really is a ******.

As for the football Alonso_14, I like the way you defend your team and their football. I would support Arsenal even if they were useless.

But that football yesterday was utter tripe. I know they are low on confiedence and struggling but come on they had a midfield of Mascherano, Alonso, and Gerrard. They are top players who should be able to string two passes together.
Maybe we really are that good and you simply had no choice but to defend for your lives and play very direct, but Anfield 33% posession is a damning indicement of your approach to the game.

beepos

Problem for Benitez is that he cant drop Gerrard or Carragher if they are playing like ****e. Look what happened at the Merseyside derby. He was pulled, and some of the Scousers came up in arms vs RB, and Gerrard game an interview that he was distraught and yada yada yada. No offence Alonso, but some some of your fellow Liverpudians need to learn that form is more important than reputation. The English team would do well to remember that also.

alonso14

Established Member
ibby said:
alonso14 said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:
ibby said:
KingKolo said:

And when was the last time them notorious 4 words came out of his mouth?

thats totally irrelevant

when was the last time Carragher said "it wasnt a pen" before last sat??

he has done it and so has Carra

hence you have gone way over the top

alonso14

Established Member
beepos said:
Problem for Benitez is that he cant drop Gerrard or Carragher if they are playing like s***e. Look what happened at the Merseyside derby. He was pulled, and some of the Scousers came up in arms vs RB, and Gerrard game an interview that he was distraught and yada yada yada. No offence Alonso, but some some of your fellow Liverpudians need to learn that form is more important than reputation. The English team would do well to remember that also.

firslty Rafa doesnt give a ****e what the public thinks, hence the fact that he did it

He would have no issue in dropping Carragher or Gerrard if he felt the team benefiited of that I am 100% sure

alonso14

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Everyone needs to chill out with Carragher like KingKolo said he is a genuine good guy, who gives 100% in every minute of every game to make up for his lack of natrual ability.

He's not the best centreback in the world but he is a player I would love to bits if I supported Liverpool because he will bleed for the cause.

In his interview he said what he thought, right or wrong he called it how he saw it.
I respect Carragher's attitude and integrity, contrary to someone like Wayne Rooney who is a dirty little c**t who I wouldnt give the time of day to, but then he really is a ******.

As for the football Alonso_14, I like the way you defend your team and their football. I would support Arsenal even if they were useless.

But that football yesterday was utter tripe. I know they are low on confiedence and struggling but come on they had a midfield of Mascherano, Alonso, and Gerrard. They are top players who should be able to string two passes together.
Maybe we really are that good and you simply had no choice but to defend for your lives and play very direct, but Anfield 33% posession is a damning indicement of your approach to the game.

i aint gonna slam my team for yesterday...we played the current best side in the country and worked our bollox off...lost two key players and ended the game with virtually 10 men, yet got a point

ic could say that for 67% of possession you didnt create that many chances

ricky1985

Established Member
alonso14 said:
ricky1985 said:

I respect Carragher's attitude and integrity, contrary to someone like Wayne Rooney who is a dirty little c**t who I wouldnt give the time of day to, but then he really is a ******.

i aint gonna slam my team for yesterday...we played the current best side in the country and worked our bollox off...lost two key players and ended the game with virtually 10 men, yet got a point

I dont expect you to slam your team, all I am saying is that football played yesterday was a an embarrasment when compared to great Liverpool teams of days gone by.
Whatever the reson you still had quality players all over the pitch, but you didnt even try to play football yesterday. The tactic was to hit us hard and fast and stop us from playing.
When is Benitez gonna grown some and start trying to play football instead of this pathetic approach of reaction based on the oppostion and their tatcics as opposed to showing faith in your own ability and playing football.

Gerrard must wonder what he is doing playing for a team that is never gonna challenge for the League or play witha any creative freedom that would see the best of him.

alonso14

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
alonso14 said:
ricky1985 said:

I dont expect you to slam your team, all I am saying is that football played yesterday was a an embarrasment when compared to great Liverpool teams of days gone by.
Whatever the reson you still had quality players all over the pitch, but you didnt even try to play football yesterday. The tactic was to hit us hard and fast and stop us from playing.
When is Benitez gonna grown some and start trying to play football instead of this pathetic approach of reaction based on the oppostion and their tatcics as opposed to showing faith in your own ability and playing football.

Gerrard must wonder what he is doing playing for a team that is never gonna challenge for the League or play witha any creative freedom that would see the best of him.

i aint gonn argue with you cause u are never gonna accept another argument

i think you are talking utter garbage

sorry

Alfonso

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

I disagree. Benitez must be doing something right if his side has been to two European finals in 3 years. Benitez is a defensive coach, everyone has their own style. The only problem Benitez has is that he doesnt know his best side and his rotations issues, not the way his teams play football. Chelsea showed you can win the league playing like that. Anyway, its not as if he would change his tactics or approach just because they are playing another team from the top 4. Plus, the fact you cant change how a team plays over night. After all, the same tactics beat Chelsea last season and us 4-1. And they were a dogy pen away from beating Chelsea this season as well. You cant just dismiss him as a coach or his sides either. He has won both the UEFA Cup and CL, something Wenger has never done.

Gerrard has won the CL, FA Cup within the last 2 and a half years. Many players would take that, I for sure know a certain Thierry Henry would.

alonso14

Established Member
Alfonso said:
ricky1985 said:

I disagree. Benitez must be doing something right if his side has been to two European finals in 3 years. Benitez is a defensive coach, everyone has their own style. The only problem Benitez has is that he doesnt know his best side and his rotations issues, not the way his teams play football. Chelsea showed you can win the league playing like that. Anyway, its not as if he would change his tactics or approach just because they are playing another team from the top 4. Plus, the fact you cant change how a team plays over night. After all, the same tactics beat Chelsea last season and us 4-1. And they were a dogy pen away from beating Chelsea this season as well. You cant just dismiss him as a coach or his sides either. He has won both the UEFA Cup and CL, something Wenger has never done.

Gerrard has won the CL, FA Cup within the last 2 and a half years. Many players would take that, I for sure know a certain Thierry Henry would.

i honestly dont think Benitez is a defensive coach....if he has a criticism it is that he is very tactical....too tactical at times but you will never change him

people say he rotataes, he doesnt..he picks a side he thinks is capable of beating the opposition...

for example there was a swateh of last season arounf xmas where he played a proper 4-3-3....with a forward line of Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy.......that is not defensive

phenn

The point is, when a team like Derby comes out and plays us like that, we can't *****. When Sunderland comes out and plays like that, they're just trying to survive. Even Blackburn, who are a solid side, honestly it's still Blackburn and we're Arsenal.

But Liverpool at Anfield and you guys park the bus and try to hit us on the counter? Are Man Utd, maybe Chelski this year and for god knows what reason Man City the only teams that have the balls to actually play with us in this league?

It's not like you can't play, I've seen you guys do pretty well as far as pinging it about etc. You guys had 30m+ in forwards, and a midfield with Alonso (comparable to Fabregas, though for my money not as good), Mascherano (comparable to Gilberto) and Gerrard, who isn't really comparable to anyone we have but is a good player. Yet you never really tried to play anything other than go on the counter. With Alonso it was a little better, but even then it was mostly the destructive stuff. We're good, but even I don't think we're THAT good.

I'll grant that if you're just trying not to lose, doing what you did is probably the best tactic. But if you're just trying not to lose, that's nothing to be proud of when you're Liverpool at Anfield.

alonso14

Established Member
phenn said:
The point is, when a team like Derby comes out and plays us like that, we can't *****. When Sunderland comes out and plays like that, they're just trying to survive. Even Blackburn, who are a solid side, honestly it's still Blackburn and we're Arsenal.

But Liverpool at Anfield and you guys park the bus and try to hit us on the counter? Are Man Utd, maybe Chelski this year and for god knows what reason Man City the only teams that have the balls to actually play with us in this league?

It's not like you can't play, I've seen you guys do pretty well as far as pinging it about etc. You guys had 30m+ in forwards, and a midfield with Alonso (comparable to Fabregas, though for my money not as good), Mascherano (comparable to Gilberto) and Gerrard, who isn't really comparable to anyone we have but is a good player. Yet you never really tried to play anything other than go on the counter. With Alonso it was a little better, but even then it was mostly the destructive stuff. We're good, but even I don't think we're THAT good.

I'll grant that if you're just trying not to lose, doing what you did is probably the best tactic. But if you're just trying not to lose, that's nothing to be proud of when you're Liverpool at Anfield.

how many times

you are being too simplistic...there are circumstances...

we beat you 4-1 last season....there will be times we can play against you but at the moment, with confidence at a low ebb we could not afford to to get a beating, and we didnt

ricky1985

Established Member
Alfonso said:
ricky1985 said:

I am not dismissing Benitez, I am simply asking why he limits his teams to restriction, when they are good enough to be more expansive.

I think benitez is a good coach, but he, nor Gerrard have been within a million miles of winning the League and after yesterday it doesnt look likely either will be lifting that particular trophy come May.

Yes he won the Champions League, and got to the final 2 years later but ultimately that is a knock-out competition and is not the the same achievement as winning the Premiership over 38 games.

Alonso_14 I dont wanna argue just very surprised at the football Liverpool are playing, I dont mean this patronisingly but maybe I am just spoiled because I watch Arsenal playing every week. I honestly struggle to watch other teams now because they are so slow and lethargic and devoid of ideas compared to our play. Honestly not trying to be patronising.

ricky1985

Established Member
alonso14 said:
phenn said:

how many times

you are being too simplistic...there are circumstances...

we beat you 4-1 last season....there will be times we can play against you but at the moment, with confidence at a low ebb we could not afford to to get a beating, and we didnt

Mate you beat us 4-1 when the season was as good as over we could have quite easily been playing Bolton and got a spanking that day.
Yesterday was when it mattered last winter at the Emirates was when it mattered and you came up well short. You are 6 points behind us and you are at home and you park the proverbial bus and play not to get beat. You are Liverpool you have a rich history and that perfromance wasnt good enough.

You can defend your team, any proper fan would but to say that you went into the game low on confidence and played in such a way to avoid a beating is laughable. Shankly would turn in his grave. You are a good enough team to try and play football, after all that is the idea of the game.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Actually when i saw the lineup i thought wow..liverpool have come to play football today.

Maybe we just dont know how good we are because the oher big game they had this season against Chelsea, liverpool did play a good game. It wasnt park the bus football.

The last time i saw them playing the way they did on Sunday was against Barca last year in the return leg. So maybe just maybe they do give us that much respect.

Still would have expected better from you. By the way this type of football works best for Gerald. He cant survive in our passing game.

Top Bottom