• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LOL more BS from the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 61,00.html

It is quite amazing how when our player makes a challenge like this everyone is calling for his head. What he did was wrong and he said sorry but I've seen worse. I remember Lucas Neil breaking a players leg, I heard Houllier complain but the media weren't calling for a 6 match ban were they.

Funny they are quick to slate Cole, why haven't they commented on the fact that for the last month he possibly has been the best LB in the world with some amazing performances.

Also they have that hall of shame, a player spat at him during the turkey match. Is that Cole's fault as well :roll:

I feel bad for Cole because he really is a good player for us but hasn't performed for england as he is always exposed. Cole was actually quite good in the world cup but had a few shakey matches in the qualifiers. The media suck upto Scholes all the time but he has been rubbish for england for the past 2 years. Cole doesn't get the credit he deserves imo. His performance against Inter was world class, I've seen Maldini and Nesta struggle against Martins but Cole shackled him and made his life hell in that match.

Adam

Established Member
It's that Steven Howard. He is consistently bashing Arsenal. He is the worst journalist around.

Ridge

JazzG said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003562461,00.html

I remember Lucas Neil breaking a players leg, I heard Houllier complain but the media weren't calling for a 6 match ban were they.
yeah, if Coles needs a 6 match ban? how bout Neill? 60 match ban?

Andrew

LOL... just skimmed through it. His "Hall of Shame" is a bit thin though. Only sent off twice?! Just not good enough Ash! :roll:

finnish Gunner

That "Hall of Shame" is just a joke. What an dirty player, two sending offs, taking part in a mass "brawl" (=little pushing) and getting spat at in Turkey.

Andrew

finnish Gunner said:
That "Hall of Shame" is just a joke. What an dirty player, two sending offs, taking part in a mass "brawl" (=little pushing) and getting spat at in Turkey.

Yeah, why don't they do a "Hall of Shame" for Beckham then? And all the other English players that got involved. Gerrard for example will have a fairly extensive one... and if anyone saw it on the weekend he should have been sent off because he had a mirror image tackle which didn't even get a foul!

va_va_voom

I think everyone is going way over the top (excuse pun). Ash's tackle was hurrendous, had it been a Manc or a Spud we would all be crying blue murder. He apologised to everyone, an admission if I ever heard it. But there's no need to go any further, he'll serve his ban and hopefully come back having learnt from it.

Its football, these things happen, so everyone just calm down.

AFCG7

Established Member
terrible tackle..all the hard work we've done since the trouble at ****hole
Trafford has now been wasted by that.

A

Anonymous

Incubus said:
Everyone seems to hate Arsenal. i think we are the most hated team in the Premier League.
they took over Man U has the most hated club, and Arsène did it in half the time it took Sir Alex now thats some record.

Adam

Established Member
Jazz- i commend the " LOL". I find it more of a "ARGGGGGGH". I can't laugh, the blood boils. How can he get money for writing that unintelligent tosh? That's the state of the football journalism. So naive. If it was slightly balanced then i wouldn't get so angry - but it's written like it's come out of one of Fergusons most evil moods.

JGooner

the worst thing was that ITV's The Premiership used Cole's sending off as the the "moment of the day" clip at the end of the program. Not a world class goal by Jermaine Pennant, not Manure smacking Villa for 4, not us dropping points at Leicester. All of that was irrelevant compared to one bad tackle by one Arsenal player. We also got most of the blame from Lynam for the scuffle with the referee, even though it was that dope Howey who started it

Stim

myth said:
Incubus said:
Everyone seems to hate Arsenal. i think we are the most hated team in the Premier League.
they took over Man U has the most hated club, and Arsène did it in half the time it took Sir Alex now thats some record.
Yeah well you should be used to us breaking records by now.

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003562461,00.html

It is quite amazing how when our player makes a challenge like this everyone is calling for his head. What he did was wrong and he said sorry but I've seen worse. I remember Lucas Neil breaking a players leg, I heard Houllier complain but the media weren't calling for a 6 match ban were they.

Funny they are quick to slate Cole, why haven't they commented on the fact that for the last month he possibly has been the best LB in the world with some amazing performances.

Also they have that hall of shame, a player spat at him during the turkey match. Is that Cole's fault as well :roll:

I feel bad for Cole because he really is a good player for us but hasn't performed for england as he is always exposed. Cole was actually quite good in the world cup but had a few shakey matches in the qualifiers. The media suck upto Scholes all the time but he has been rubbish for england for the past 2 years. Cole doesn't get the credit he deserves imo. His performance against Inter was world class, I've seen Maldini and Nesta struggle against Martins but Cole shackled him and made his life hell in that match.

Some good points made there.

You would think we would be used to it by now, but i think i am getting even more pissed off.

What do the media have against us????????

I nearly put my foot through the TV after watching the Premiership. It was a disgrace and that des Lynam is a totall wa*ker.
We were balmed for the pushing etc after the red card which is a joke, as first Dickov and then howey started it, which was not mentioned. Just because we stick up for our players (unlike the mancs with Van ****himself) we get blamed. It was a total joke and the sooner that programme is off the air the better.

And then the Sun, well it was expected. Absolute crap.

I just cant understand why every incident that an Arsenal player commits is blown out of all proportion time and time again.

JazzG

Established Member
I usually laugh off the media bias but I'll admit some of it really got under my skin after this Cole incident.

Its almost like they are gonna keep going on about it until the FA sees this and charges Cole.

I am simply amazed by the media at times........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom