Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Big Stipe Pletikosa from Shakhtar was one of my go to keepers, Sebastien Frey was quality aswell.

2. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

really he was immense IRL too.

3. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Seems certain he is another goner, his agent couldn't make it more clear he wants out if he tried.

Not gonna miss him, but it is getting worrying how Emery has either managed to or done his best to drive out every single midfielder at the club from when he took over. At this rate only Özil will survive the Emery era.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  4. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

the players have collectively turned on emery.

i would hate to see lucas go. he had an immense start to his career here and i do think he was misused ever since.

5. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

We’re set to lose Xhaka (good riddance) and instead of playing Torreira at DM for once, where he thrives, Emery still plays him up the pitch. Can’t make this **** up.

Sapient Hawk and Squillaci like this.
  6. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

Well CM 03/04 was very popular in india, the pc version. My personal favourites were Kasper Schmeichel, Cherno Samba and Arteta.

Back to topic, i rate torreira very highly people abusing him should watch him for Uruguay. It's just we don't play that setup.

krackpot likes this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

It might actually be a blessing in surprise if we can get rid of bums like Xhaka and Torreira. However it depends on us actually buying good midfielders which I doubt highly.

8. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s a real blessing when the manager can’t utilise his players in the best way and they want to leave. Wonder if you’ll be this happy when Auba fecks off in the summer.

skience3 and Mark Tobias like this.
  9. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

If Emery could have used Torreira the way fans wanted him to be used, he would have done so already. Unfortunately Torreira isn't good enough defensively to be a shield in front of the defense, this should have been obvious if you have been paying attention to his performances last season.

krackpot and BigPoppaPump like this.
  10. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

He has!

What’s with the selective amnesia round here? He was never ever expected to shield defence on his own but he was making vital tackles and interceptions consistently from deep last season prior to the change in system.

Emery switched things up away at Bournemouth and continued to do so ever since. Even using Xhaka in a back 3 at times.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Insane revisionist stuff happening in this thread in particular.

Ricardinho likes this.
  12. mpower2540

mpower2540 Active Member

Was excellent for Uruguay last night and got an assist too while being played as the deepest midfielder.

I do wonder whether he’s athletic enough to play in England but at least give him a consistent run in his favoured role! Got a horrible feeling that if we sold him it’d come back to haunt us.

13. Mark Tobias

Played in his natural position and does well. Must be magical 'rocket science' stuff going on in Uruguay

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

It's the popularity contest Arsenal fans have with players, once they decide you're a popular player none of your performances is your fault and it's all on the manager. Ignoring how poor he's been for a year.

If Torreira is so good for Uruguay and in Italy then it's best for all parties that we let him go, it's been a failed transfer and he can't keep up with the physicality of the PL.

15. Mark Tobias

MikeVinna likes this.
  16. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

17. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Kind of with Emery on this one.

Emery only signed this little clown after being convinced by scouts. Lucas was give all season in his favored position before ****ting the bed last couple of months & some truly awful away performances 2019. Lucas then repays him looking for a way out in the summer. :facepalm:

Playing at 10 rather than the bench is weird granted as is not signing a replacement DM / genuine competition this summer.

Furious and BigPoppaPump like this.
  18. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I like Lucas well enough but I am pretty fed up with decent players with one major flaw. Our squad is full of them, Torreira being small, Xhaka being slow on the ball, Mustafi having concentration issues etc. etc. etc.

I guess the top players without flaws go to the top 10 sides in Europe, sadly we are not in that bracket any longer.

mpower2540, samshere and Riou like this.
  19. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Torreira's major flaw isn't that he is small. It's that he has the position discipline of Ramsey and is always leaving holes in midfield. Playing him as a DMC is the exact same as playing Ramsey as one. No incident Emery has been trying to turn him into a Ramsey replacement.

OSBK likes this.
  20. Mark Tobias

:confused:
    You mean 'coincidence', surely?

Ricardinho likes this.