• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Atalanta or a EL side will come in for him, loan and obligation no doubt.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He had/has potential, to me it looks like a case of him just not having it between the ears. I don’t think he’s ever settled, the fall off was far too drastic.

tcahill

He has never actually been good for Arsenal, people only rate him because they put this idea in their own heads that he is like Kante. He's shown nothing his entire time here.

Come on, he was playing really well in a significant portion of his first season here. 5 MOTM awards in a row including Pool and Sp**s.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It is rather alarming the difference in quality from him compared to the beginning of last year, but I think he's totally unsuited to a 5-2-3. He needs someone in that central zone or a more advanced midfield partner to pass to because that's his strength on the ball.

His game is press quickly, win it, play it quickly forwards to someone not too far away. Emery tried to play him like Vieira which was insane, and Arteta isn't currently playing in a way that suits him.

Ultimately I don't think he has the physical attributes to succeed in the EPL at the base of the midfield 3, because he's only effective with the ball on the floor and with smallish distances to cover. He'd probably be great for someone like Napoli or Sevilla.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He’ll get moved on in the summer. On loan probably, nobody is paying the fee we got for him.
No way we are making our money back on this guy. We didn't even really need hindsight to know we should've dumped him on Milan when they were interested, he was ****e for most of the season and was already crying about England not being Italy.

At least the profit from Guendouzi sale will offset any major loss we make on this guy.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not sure why people are surprised that Torreira sucks in a midfield two in a 3-5-2. He's a DM that stands behind two other central midfielders, that's it. He does well when he plays there, doesn't do well when he doesn't play there. Not rocket science.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not sure why people are surprised that Torreira sucks in a midfield two in a 3-5-2. He's a DM that stands behind two other central midfielders, that's it. He does well when he plays there, doesn't do well when he doesn't play there. Not rocket science.

No one is surprised by anything, I’d be more surprised by a good performance. He stinks regardless of formation, terrible signing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can picture the typical Torreira performance in your head. A lot of pointless 5 yard passing, runs about a bit, makes a couple of tackles and maybe gets an interception. But fails to really do anything progressive with the ball and has an tendency to be chasing shadows a lot of the time off the ball.

I just think of that defeat to United in the cup last season when Pogba absolutely ragdolled him. He looked like a child, you can't be building a serious side with some who gets embarrassed like that. Since then it's not exactly gotten better, cannot remember the last time he's really put in a top performance in a serious game.

But yeah, I wasn't surprised at all. You see Ceballos-Torreira as your midfield partnership and your expectations are on the floor.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He has been here about 24 months or so now.

His first 6 months he was probably our best CM, then he had about 12 months of averageness really, up and down games...but these last 6 months Jesus he has been bad, would rather have had Elneny here :lol:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
He was shocking when he came on, I wanted him to stay early on but now I think I may have second thoughts. He's also one of our sellable assets..

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has been here about 24 months or so now.

His first 6 months he was probably our best CM, then he had about 12 months of averageness really, up and down games...but these last 6 months Jesus he has been bad, would rather have had Elneny here :lol:

He is too south american for my taste, goes steaming in and loses his cool completely . Easy for opposition to target. Probably a good player but the pace of this league is not for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom