• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like the player, but he is good at one role and he isn't rounded enough to play that role effectively over a season for us IMO.

This is a perfect asset to sell - a good player who still has a good reputation a few years away from peak age. We will probably not get everything we paid but I think anything around £25m should be enough.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The biggest question is where would Torreira like to go. He would be a great player for any of the newly promoted PL teams and they will have cash for him, or is he willing to go to some rich club in Russia?
If he only wants to play in Italy, that will limit our options and he will probably go for much less than what he is worth. Not even Juventus is willing to invest money all the time as they often target free agents, so you can imagine how hard will it be with other clubs.

I think Arteta is making a mistake here but I'm also happy to see what his plan is for the next season and how he will improve our midfield.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
The biggest question is where would Torreira like to go. He would be a great player for any of the newly promoted PL teams and they will have cash for him, or is he willing to go to some rich club in Russia?
If he only wants to play in Italy, that will limit our options and he will probably go for much less than what he is worth. Not even Juventus is willing to invest money all the time as they often target free agents, so you can imagine how hard will it be with other clubs.

I think Arteta is making a mistake here but I'm also happy to see what his plan is for the next season and how he will improve our midfield.
I think he will only consider Italy or Spian. He seems to hav struggled to settle in London, no way he`ll leave for Villa, CSKA Moscow or the likes

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

According to tuttosport not too reliable Fiorentina and Torino both want Lucas Torreira.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Here we go. Two year loan with 50p option to buy.
any italian club not named Napoli Juve Inter Lazio Milan Roma it'll be loan with option to buy. it's sucks because if they have money we'll get good 20-25M for Torreira he loves italy and settled in that league still a loan with these clubs pay all his wages won't be problem.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Torino have already signed Verdi this summer for £18M I believe. I think they could probably pay a good fee for Torreira.

Finesse

Lucas is a good player but not been able to force his way into the team. He is the best player we have closing down the ball and breaking up play with interceptions. However that’s just what he does off the ball. His major issue is what he does on the ball and how he uses it. Xhaka and Ceballos are not as effective off the ball as Lucas but managed to put in a shift to the best of their abilities but overshadowed Lucas with their ability on the ball. The time on the ball , the ability to make the quick passes under pressure , come out of a tight space and release the front players. On the balance of play Lucas is down the pecking order. We should sell and get a fee. The useless loans will diminish value over time and we may end up selling for a cut price. If we are getting rid of Mathieu which I think we should then he can stay. Unless Partey is coming in then he can be allowed to go for a decent fee. Ainsley , Xhaka , Ceballos and Partey is decent to fight for 2 positions all season.

senna

Lucas is a good player but not been able to force his way into the team. He is the best player we have closing down the ball and breaking up play with interceptions. However that’s just what he does off the ball. His major issue is what he does on the ball and how he uses it. Xhaka and Ceballos are not as effective off the ball as Lucas but managed to put in a shift to the best of their abilities but overshadowed Lucas with their ability on the ball. The time on the ball , the ability to make the quick passes under pressure , come out of a tight space and release the front players. On the balance of play Lucas is down the pecking order. We should sell and get a fee. The useless loans will diminish value over time and we may end up selling for a cut price. If we are getting rid of Mathieu which I think we should then he can stay. Unless Partey is coming in then he can be allowed to go for a decent fee. Ainsley , Xhaka , Ceballos and Partey is decent to fight for 2 positions all season.

Torreira doesnt have the athleticism to play in the PL, much more suited to slower tempo leagues like Serie A or if he played for a defensive team like Athletico Madrid where his physcial attributes and lack of creativity are less exposed. I doubt Torino could afford to buy him, but a loan there and regular football is not the worst idea as the manager clearly knows how to get the best out of him from his time in Sampdoria and this may rekindle the interest next summer from Serie A big boys like Milan or Roma who would have the cash. Or better still have better players to do a swap deal with.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Loan with option to buy at 15-25M is fine with me. Gets the wages off the books, allows us to bring in someone else as well.
He’s a good player and we should not sell for less than we paid for him. We should be looking to get a min of £26M for him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We're not getting £26m for him in this economic environment. Limited player and only Italian clubs with little spending power are in for him. Can't keep him either devaluating on our books and taking up useful minutes that could go to the development of others. Hopefully we can get £10-15m.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One of the worst players we’ve ever signed. Totally useless. On top of everything he constantly cries to go back to Italy.

Dude come on hes a good player, hes limited but good at what he does. A Btec Kante so to speak. But still a decent player with good traits. Was very good for a period under Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom