• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Break up play, intercept, the dog work. Pretty much what he did here but it wasn't enough for us.

Not good enough for Arsenal imo whenever he plays we look so vulnerable in midfield.

Torreira has been deceiving most of the fans similar to that unbeaten run under the bum Emery.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not good enough for Arsenal imo whenever he plays we look so vulnerable in midfield.

Torreira has been deceiving most of the fans similar to that unbeaten run under the bum Emery.

I agree hes not good enough here but he will be good elsewhere.

tcahill

Should only sell if a decent offer comes in. He isn't one of those 'get off the books at any cost' players that we have so many of. Good player and if we're going back to three in midfield he could still have a role here.

Wryer

I prefer to keep him.
But if it comes to point where we need to choose between Torreira and AMN, I think Torreira's upside is more limited at this point.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I been telling everyone for 2 years this guy is rubbish but the bum squad kept telling me he was this amazing midfielder and it’s the coaches fault he’s not playing.

Sven was a terrible scout tbh, had no idea about the Premier League.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I'd take what we paid tbh.

Think the return of investment is absolutely spot on. He's actually had both, very good phases and mediocre ones, but mostly performed under Arteta.

He was sidelined a lot which hold him back since Arteta though.

But you just know Italian teams will offer **** all

goldengod

I'd take what we paid tbh.
Agreed - if it wasn't for the pandemic, I would probably have said we should hold out for £35m+ but if he wants to go, and he isn't an important player in Arteta's plans then we should sell him and use the money to sign someone like Partey.

Selling Torreira and Guendouzi for a combined sum of £50-60m. Activate Partey's release clause for £45m, and then use the rest of the funds to find another young CM prospect. Ceballos/Xhaka/Partey as the main CMs for the two positions, plus Maitland-Niles/Young CM as back-ups

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This would be lovely stuff. Fiorentina spent a good amount last summer. They've already sold Veretout permanently to Roma for 14M but also signed Duncan from Sassuolo for the same fee.

The Italian transfer window doesn't officially open until the 2nd of September. I think they and Torino could afford a £17-22M fee.

Agreed - if it wasn't for the pandemic, I would probably have said we should hold out for £35m+ but if he wants to go, and he isn't an important player in Arteta's plans then we should sell him and use the money to sign someone like Partey.

Selling Torreira and Guendouzi for a combined sum of £50-60m. Activate Partey's release clause for £45m, and then use the rest of the funds to find another young CM prospect. Ceballos/Xhaka/Partey as the main CMs for the two positions, plus Maitland-Niles/Young CM as back-ups

Not sure anyone will pay for Guendouzi atm, seems a weird situation. Everything has gone quiet on that front at the same time as Partey.

Bloodbather

Established Member

:lol:

And what does he do? Because I’ve seen nothing from him.

He's pretty much right on the money, Torreira is a worse version of Kanté when he was playing for Leicester.

The reason we bought this guy in the first place is that he was the best ball winner in Serie A when he was playing for Sampdoria. Very similar stats to what Kanté was putting up in Leicester.

He did show what he was all about initially and brought dynamism to our midfield, but then Emery went on that Torreira is a two-way CM nonsense and it fell apart from there.

The reason Italian teams are showing interest in him despite a weak showing at Arsenal is that they remember what he did at Sampdoria as a DM.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nothing ventured nothing gained. On paper a good signing which could have worked out well in different circumstances. If we get our money back and buy Roca for the same amount of money that's an improvement and makes us less reliant on Xhaka.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's pretty much right on the money, Torreira is a worse version of Kanté when he was playing for Leicester.

The reason we bought this guy in the first place is that he was the best ball winner in Serie A when he was playing for Sampdoria. Very similar stats to what Kanté was putting up in Leicester.

He did show what he was all about initially and brought dynamism to our midfield, but then Emery went on that Torreira is a two-way CM nonsense and it fell apart from there.

The reason Italian teams are showing interest in him despite a weak showing at Arsenal is that they remember what he did at Sampdoria as a DM.

The reason we bought him was because Sven types into Google 'players similar to Kante'.

He came across Torreira. Ignored his height, speed over large distances and physicality. The same way he thought Oliver Torres could replace Gundagan.

Above all else he underestimated the immaturity and that Torreira would be homesick every day. If we can recoup the cash and buy someone who actually suits the league we would be lucky.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would De Laurentiis be interested? I would love it if we gave them our scraps.

Napoli have money to spend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom