• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The reason we bought him was because Sven types into Google 'players similar to Kante'.

He came across Torreira. Ignored his height, speed over large distances and physicality. The same way he thought Oliver Torres could replace Gundagan.

Well yeah, that's pretty much what I said as well. We targeted Torreira because he was doing similar things at Sampdoria that Kanté did at Leicester and had a similar build.

Height is a weak argument in this particular comparison, Torreira and Kanté are the same height. You did touch on the one factor that failed Torreira here and one that separates him from Kanté, he doesn't cover large spaces like Kanté does. That proved to be decisive because distances between the lines in Italy and England are quite different. That's also the reason why I think Torreira will go back to being very good if he goes back to Italy. Just not the right fit. He could potentially excel at a team that keeps a narrow shape like Burnley, but he's obviously not going to go there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The reason we bought him was because Sven types into Google 'players similar to Kante'.

He came across Torreira. Ignored his height, speed over large distances and physicality. The same way he thought Oliver Torres could replace Gundagan.
Much wow, or maybe Sven thought that we're gonna play a different style of football and bought him because of that?
We've completely changed the way we play over the last 2 years and not every player will fit in this extra defensive counter-attacking style.
There are other traits of a good player other than physicality and height.

If you buy Özil and 2 years later your team turns into Stoke, does that mean that somebody googled Özil as well or your arguments are completely wrong?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good news. Hopefully we can fleece Milan for 25m plus. Use to money for Partey.

Nothing against Torreira, but he just isn't good enough. He'd be much more suited to Italian football.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
A lot of harsh opinions on Torreira here, the player doesnt fit the style we play and is suited to one position only but lets not make out he is some awful player or the worst we've ever signed as that is just ridiculous.

This forum can be so extreme at times, players rated as either great or ****.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
A lot of harsh opinions on Torreira here, the player doesnt fit the style we play and is suited to one position only but lets not make out he is some awful player or the worst we've ever signed as that is just ridiculous.

most often the same players are rated great or ****e, and quite often by the same posters - and sometimes in the same week

Manberg

Predator
He’s spoken to a Uruguayan radio station about leaving again. I think he’s certainly going this window.

Kysus

Name one thing he is good at, and don't tell me it is "breaking up play"
He has no positional awarenes, is clueless tacticially, cannot run and gets pushed off the ball super easily despite having a low center of gravity. Hardly a ball winner..
And let's not even start with ability on the ball...

I'm generally really reasonable and see the bigger picture(players like Mustafi are not as bad as people make out) but man
Torreira is the exception as he is the definition of useless

Tom349

Get 25-30m for him, 25-30m plus sell on fee for Guendouzi and replace them both with Partey for his release clause or slightly more than his release clause on the basis we are able to pay his transfer fee in instalments over a longer period.

Good business, improve the quality of the starting 11.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Lacks that power / athleticism you need to succeed in his role in the PL. Think we've already seen what we're likely to ever get out of him. Probably best to sell if we can recoup what we paid and recycle the cash elsewhere. Need to keep rolling the dice.

Gunners1616

Must of had 4 good games yet is rated as a god.could not tackle a fish supper

Dte1XMqX4AEgkWZ.jpg

Ups and downs, played at number 10 by Unai, got a ****ty injury, came back in a new system with a new coach with no chance to even play 2 games in a row...

Still only 24 and Uruguayan international who should be much more respected. Never complained and always gave his best. I'll be sad to see him leave but i'm sure he hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

I know this is AM forum so i don't expect him to be respected much but come on...

Token Yank

Thinks its more of him just not being a good fit in England. Most fans seem to like him (as do I) but can see his limitations. Also, throw in the fact he doesn't seem to fit what Arteta wants to do. Homesickness thing from last year, etc. Hopefully we get a good fee for him and wish him all the luck going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom