• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Making History

lewdikris

Established Member
So, we've equalled our longest unbeaten sequence in the league at 23 games. Excellent - and given we've got Wolves next, there's a decent chance we can set a new record.

The last time we went 23 games unbeaten was in the 90/91 title winning year. But did you know that in those 23 games we'd drawn 8 and won 15, as opposed to the 7 draws and 16 wins we've got this year.

A lot of people think we draw too many games - maybe we do. But in 90/91 we drew more games than this ... and won the league by 7 points, EVEN AFTER a two point deduction for the brawl at Old Trafford.

Keep it up like this and we will win the title.

Sammer

Established Member
Spirit is high, we got Reyes and he will give us that extra boost that we need to play consistently on a high level.

We should be up for the title this year, although I personally have high hopes for the CL.

SydneyGunnerFan

we have got a great chance to win the title this season and i have a gut feeling we will do it. I would like to see us win the treble but not to sure about that at the moment

vin de guerre

I hope we go into the Wolves game with the right attitude and focus. Manure have already shown us how not to play at Molineaux. We will be in for a real dog fight with a team who have more than held their own at home all thru the season!

Anders Limpar

I rather draw and stay unbeaten than lose even if it mathematically could be better...

...as long as we win the EPL that is, haha!!

First Boro then Wolves!!

manure did show us how not to play against wolves, but then again, the mids played shocking and their form of late hasnt been the greatest.

arsenal, on the other hand, have been playing well and have added a another top player to the ranks.

we should cruise through, although they will probably show a lot of ticker.

Anders Limpar

Is there someone but me that thinks we could afford letting one or two of our talented youngsters play part in the Wolves game and instead step up our bid tomorrow against Boro with another experienced player like Pires...???

I wanna have four titles this year!!

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Wolves are a lot better at home than their league position suggests. They are 11th in the 'home' league with a game in hand. Arsenal will have to be on their guard, but the big Molineux big should suit Henry & co...

beaney

Anders Limpar said:
I rather draw and stay unbeaten than lose even if it mathematically could be better...

quote]

anders, small question for you. its early monday morning and maybe im being a bit thick ( which is quite probable) but how can it be mathematically better for us to loose?

surely a point is better than none in anyones book?

Andrew

If we are up for it then for sure we will beat Wolves. They are not down the bottom for nothing, and we are not at the top for nothing. Wolves just played out of their skins against Manure, had some luck and Manure were well below par. I can't see it repeating like this and their defeat of Manure should make sure we have no complacency in this next league game. At least if Reyes plays at some point it will give the whole team a big lift especially mentally. Aliadiere ripped their defence to pieces and I think Reyes can too.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
beaney said:
Anders Limpar said:

quote]

anders, small question for you. its early monday morning and maybe im being a bit thick ( which is quite probable) but how can it be mathematically better for us to loose?

surely a point is better than none in anyones book?

I think Anders was reflecting on the fact that despite our unbeaten start we're only two points clear. The media perceive this to mean we've drawn too many games. What if we'd lost these games, we'd only be 5 points off the top- but confidence would be nowhere near as high. I bet the players feel like they can't lose at the minute.

They must guard against overconfidence though

beaney

aah i see. the fact manure are only 2 points shy of us and have lost 4 games already?

yeah, thats a bit of a f@#ker isnt it?

all it needs is one loss from us and manure could be a point clear having lost 3 more games than us!!!

that is a little worrying, seeing as we are bound to loose at least 1 game by the end of the season.

Manure have done very well in winning games that maybe they shouldve drawn, where we havent this year. ( ie southampton)

Anders Limpar

What I meant was it's better to win three and lose one than draw four (or 1/3, 2/2,)...

...a defeat can actually be a ggod thing if it gets the team going again.

It's still Monday!!!

:eek:ops:

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom