• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
One more big issue I have is that Mikel is constantly barking orders to his players micro managing them. If what you are doing on the training ground is being understood there is no need to be managing the players during the game. Some things yes.

But he is literally telling players when to run when to move. Xhaka had a ball for a free kick yesterday and he was looking back to the bench to know should he put it in the box or go short. That alone slows the play down and let's the other team regroup. Do they not work on set pieces in training?

ArtetaOut

There is no way Pochettino is joining us. And if we can't get Nagelmann then Rodgers or Gasperini will be cool. Can't imagine other big shots wanting to join us right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sp**s have had a better team than us since what 2016-ish, finished above us constantly the last few years too...but they won't win the league, Liverpool are too good even without Virgil.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
A Sp**s team that has Aurier playing RB, Dier centre back, Hojberg who fans would have turned their nose up if we signed and a half broken Gareth Bale. Yes they have some excellent players. But Aubameyang 3 months ago was an excellent player. Now he looks lost. Mourinho is releasing the shackles of Son and Kane. Arteta has 2 cannon balls tied to Aubas boots.
I'm not saying they will win it. Point is if they did it might lead to a re-evaluation as to what is needed to win the league.

You cannot really say their squad is better than ours (they do have some players better than us in first XI, yes) but they have out-performed usfor three seasons now?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There is no way Pochettino is joining us. And if we can't get Nagelmann then Rodgers or Gasperini will be cool.
Money makes the world go round.

We've got a rookie on 5M a year and we gave him 70M of backing in a COVID market. We'll always be attractive to managers.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not saying they will win it. Point is if they did it might lead to a re-evaluation as to what is needed to win the league.

You cannot really say their squad is better than ours (they do have some players better than us in first XI, yes) but they have out-performed usfor three seasons now?

I agree with you. My point is Sp**s are doing better with a similar squad to us for one reason. Manager. And then people on here are saying oh but Sp**s have x y and z. Bottom line the manager is getting the maximum out of the bang average players which is giving his star players more room to play.

We arent.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sp**s have had a better team than us since what 2016-ish, finished above us constantly the last few years too...but they won't win the league, Liverpool are too good even without Virgil.

Lloris v Leno
Aurier v Bellerin
Alderwierld v Holding
Dier v Gabriel
Reguillon v Tierney
Sissoko v Partey
Ndombele v Ceballos
Hojberg v Xhaka/Elneny
Son v Willian
Kane v Auba
Lo Celso/Lamela/Bale. V Saka

You are telling me that that is a better starting 11 than ours. I make it pretty even. There is no noticeable difference. Big difference is form and listening to managers instructions and being effectively coached.

Liverpool and city and even Chelsea now are miles ahead quality wise. Sp**s. Not buying that. So far 8 points of a difference after 9 games. Imagine we finish 20 points or more of Sp**s. People will still say theres a 20 point difference in quality?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Also it's not too early for this thread, it's gonna get worse throughout the season. I can imagine this being our worst finish in my Arsenal watching life.

Arteta is in over his head, the players are poor and don't have a manager that can get the best out of them and no fans to put the pressure on. It's all looking bleak tbh, feels like Attack on Titan.

Strange @Riou hasnt liked this post despite the Anime reference.

Riou

Strange @Riou hasnt liked this post despite the Anime reference.

Don't really like that many animes tbf, probably only a handful from mainly when I was younger.

The live-action Attack On Titan looks very unsettling though :lol:

ArtetaOut

We don't have a bad owner btw.

If I owned Arsenal I would have stopped investing ages ago. We just waste money.:lol:

They do have horrible judgement though. Pray tell how did a rookie with totally no experience got chosen over proven winners like Ancelotti then? And like you've said money is no object..

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Everyone is available at the right price.

But our owners have no intention of paying that price, and i'm not talking strictly monetarily.

We won't hire anyone that will make their lives difficult with their demands and expectations, so this is the level we will remain at.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We will never find a manager who comes in and straight away makes this crop of players top 4 level. Arteta has made some questionable choices and I'm personally not convinced he's all that but we need to see this through properly without knee jerking and panic. He needs to get more of his players in and just as importantly he needs to get out the players he wants to get rid of as well. This summer was a complete failure in that regard. It's not only about first XI. We need to give him time to build a squad. Then if he fails, it's time to start the same process all over again. There are no shortcuts here.

Riou

Lloris v Leno
Aurier v Bellerin
Alderwierld v Holding
Dier v Gabriel
Reguillon v Tierney
Sissoko v Partey
Ndombele v Ceballos
Hojberg v Xhaka/Elneny
Son v Willian
Kane v Auba

You are telling me that that is a better starting 11 than ours. I make it pretty even. There is no noticeable difference. Big difference is form and listening to managers instructions and being effectively coached.

Liverpool and city and even Chelsea now are miles ahead quality wise. Sp**s. Not buying that. So far 8 points of a difference after 9 games. Imagine we finish 20 points or more of Sp**s. People will still say theres a 20 point difference in quality?

I think they are...defensively we are about even, but offensively they are significantly clear with Kane and Son unfortunately.

In 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 we finished double figures behind Sp**s with...Kos, Monreal, Cazorla, Özil Ramsey, Wilshere, Sanchez and Aubameyang in the team and with Big Wengz managing, it's been a rough couple of years...we have some good players individually, but as a team they are just better and have been for a while.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think they are...defensively we are about even, but offensively they are significantly clear with Kane and Son unfortunately.

In 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 we finished double figures behind Sp**s with...Kos, Monreal, Cazorla, Özil Ramsey, Wilshere, Sanchez and Aubameyang in the team and with Big Wengz managing, it's been a rough couple of years...we have some good players individually, but as a team they are just better and have been for a while.

And what is the main difference? Managers that could motivate players and managers who could find systems that suited the players they had.

I guarantee you someone like Xhaka would flourish under Mourinho.

Poch got Sp**s to a CL final with a poor side. If that doesnt scream good manager then I dont know what does.

moloso

Lloris v Leno
Aurier v Bellerin
Alderwierld v Holding
Dier v Gabriel
Reguillon v Tierney
Sissoko v Partey
Ndombele v Ceballos
Hojberg v Xhaka/Elneny
Son v Willian
Kane v Auba

You're underrating the value of two genuine match winners. If we had this team with Henry and Pires you could make a case. Also ignoring the fact that our players clearly don't compliment each other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom