• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
That is exactly why AMN is so important to have in the squad. Without him to step in for Tierney, we would have been absolutely ****ed.
How Kolasinac stock has fallen. To think people were saying Nacho was not good enough. To be honest he would walk into the team right now. There is such a big gap between what Tierney provides and Kola.

However we do have Saka and he can do a job there, and he will create chances going forward but my concern is that Mahrez and walker would destroy him in the left side of the field.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What a ridiculous thing to say :lol::lol:
He’s absolutely right tbh.

Throwing him in for a debut against City is something Ole or Lampard would do. Our fans chat the most sh*t as well, if he didn’t hit the ground running they won’t understand.

Only reason it might work is there’s no fans but even still. Would be surprised if he started.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We have to be realistic and with this game is so important to take the 3 points. Partey has not trained with the team and he's not ready to play a game like this for first time. Partey will be on the bench or out of the squad

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
:lol: Is Mendy that bad? I haven't seen much of him since he's often been injured. Didn't they pay something like £50m to get him?

He has been horrendous. Defensively he is so bad you wonder how he ever gets played anything besides as a LWB (on his good days, going forward he can be quite good). Some City supporters consider him to be among the worst signing since they started rolling in oil money. In his last game vs Leeds his pass completion was apparently 57%. That would be bad at any team but imagine having a stat like that with City. There is even some talk that Ake might be played at LB instead of him.

No need to pay too much attention to all of that though. We have come up against worst/out of form players who then turned in a performance against us that made them not look anything like the liability we thought they were.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol: Is Mendy that bad? I haven't seen much of him since he's often been injured. Didn't they pay something like £50m to get him?
He’s bad defensively and a bit clumsy at times.

In terms of raw pace and power though he’s up there, there’s a reason Pep picks him. Keeps going and going, for 90 mins as well. He’s a big part of their attack.

Imagine a fitter Kolasinac who can dribble in a straight line basically - that would be Mendy. I use that comparison to try explain what he’s good at and why he draws a lot of criticism.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We have to be realistic and with this game is so important to take the 3 points. Partey has not trained with the team and he's not ready to play a game like this for first time. Partey will be on the bench or out of the squad

I think Arteta will see how training goes, talk to Thomas, and then decide. I think Arteta will want to play him but he obviously has to be confident that the player is ready. Personally I think he will start!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Highlights from the match just after the game where the King climbed a top his throne...Souster98 is one of the best channels for Arsenal nostalgia I gotta say, outstanding work for whoever runs it...

...Danny Mills :lol:

Finesse

If Arteta has to go by training for the next 2 days, then he will see enough reason for Partey to start for us. He is a top player , coming in after a preseason , La Liga games and 2 international games. He is up to speed fitness wise. His game is power , technique and domination. Based on traning there is no way he will not start unless Arteta makes up his mind not to.

We should not make the mistake of doing what we did at Anfield. Giving them too much respect , set up to sit back and hope to create chances from the break. That will be ****. Of course we are not going there to attack , but we must be brave to balance out set up not be be too defensive. This season teams have showed bravery against City and got results. We now have what it takes in midfield to play our own game.

Thomas is key to this game. What we have need is the recovery midfielder who can stop the full,backs / attacking midfielders from getting to the defense , when we lose the ball in transition. In Xhaka , Dani , Elnenny (can recycle the ball and pass etc ) we have seen Arsenal lose the ball after a goal attempt and then watch how the opponents stroll through the center to create an immediate chance against us. Simply because our midfielders lack the speed , long strides , energy and pure ability to close down the attempts at our defense. Partey is excellent at this and can delay a move to give his teams mates time to reshape and stop an attack. He can hassle , run down and pin down opponents to win the ball or disrupt an attack and let the full backs reshape. This is where City has always opened up Arsenal. Chance after chance from KDB !

We need this at City. He should be starting with no question.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would like Partey to start, but wouldn't hold it against Arteta if he named him on the bench for this...should be Ceballos and Elneny though if Thomas isn't playing, both were decent against Sheffield United in the last match.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Going through the Blueemoon. You could see their fans are scared ****less of us :lol:
They want Pep to play a double pivot of Rodri and fernandinho :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ffs, this break is unbearable - they really should just end all internaltional stuff, it's too dangerous for the spread of Covid and nobody cares anyways.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I actually thought he was going to be one of the league’s dominant LBs in his first half a season before his first major injury.

Remember him absolutely running a game from LB and getting in behind teams all day long.

I don’t know if it was the injury or changing his natural role to fit Pep but he’s a shadow of the player he was at Monaco.

Sad to see really, remember him and Lemar linking up down the left ruining City and Dortmund in the Champions League and getting hyped.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Holding Luiz Gabriel
Bellerin Partey Xhaka AMN
Pepe Auba Saka​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom