• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sun Aug 28 16:00

blaze_of_glory

Really gonna be up against it. Hopefully this win today will instill some real confidence in the team, but its hard to see how we will not be dominated in midfield unless some signings come in before the weekend.

Would be very happy with a draw at this point.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Sadly, this has defeat written all over it. Can't see any way that we get out with a result tbh.

Season starts again at home to Swansea after the int'l break.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well with all injuries the bans and even worse is that howard webb is the referee so better for us not watching the game and i dont see us win the game a draw will be very good reslult, cuz i dont know to see webb mistakes

from swansea city our season will start like fabo said hope we see new facesc when we face swansea.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
I've never asked for 4-4-2 before but this time why not... RvP and Theo up front. Lansbury and Ryo on the wings. We'll most likely lose anyway.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Szczesny; Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen (Gibbs?) ;Eastmond Lansbury Rosicky; Walcott RvP Gervinho
Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Arshavin, Ryo, Chamakh.

Would like more of the same passion. If we are beaten I hope its by quality and not because of costly mistakes on our part.

I also have a sneaky suspicion we could have a new player in the squad.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Shame this game has to be this Sunday having played well tonight.

We're right up against it on the weekend and will struggle for a result!

A good, together team display and i'll be happy. It's easier to take a loss most of the time if your team gives it everything.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ideally we'd sign another midfielder before this match, but without a new signing I'd play

Szczesny
Jenkinson - Kos - TV - Sagna
Rosicky - Lansbury
Ramsey
Walcott - RVP - Arshavin

Our midfield will be soft without an enforcer, but ManU's midfield is Anderson and Cleverly. They a good players but far from world class.

The key will be how we handle Nani and Young. Hopefully Sagna and Jenkinson can keep them under control.

I have a lot of confidence in our defense. It can improve, but Szczesny, TV and Sagna are immense.

Kain

Established Member
Need to play our best players in their best positions for this one, Sagna will have to play in RWB, Traore/Jenkinson for LWB. Szczesny & TV will have to pull out the game of their lives to get us some points.

I know it sounds negative, but getting this s*** fixture out of the way so early will be a blessing.

In the 2006/07 season Adebayor scored in the dying minuets of the game to win at Old Trafford, nobody gave us a hope in hell then, it can happen, but probably won’t.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Was that the last time we won there?
Cleverley isn't easy to mark and United olay the best transition game, so this won't be about individual heroics it will be about how cohesively we can defend and persevere through their pressing game. We're bang on for 0 points at the dungeon.

viper_001

Established Member
That win against Udinese draws a line in the sand. The past is behind us and our season starts today. May it start with a win. United are also in transition (though not nearly as much) and are playing a squad full of kids. We can do this.

Rocafella

Established Member
Not going in to this match with any expectations. As long as our team shows the heart and spirit we've seen from them so far, then I won't be too disappointed.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Cleverley isn't easy to mark and United olay the best transition game, so this won't be about individual heroics it will be about how cohesively we can defend and persevere through their pressing game. We're bang on for 0 points at the dungeon.

Adebayor scoring the winner in 2006, no?

Kain

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
arsenallegends said:

Adebayor scoring the winner in 2006, no?

I think so, we beat Man Utd twice that season which doesn't happen often for any team in the Premier League.

They are in transition but they have pace and counter attack in abundance, having Koscielny back would go a long way here. We’ll have no enforcer to break them down but we might be able to hold possession which could be vital for keeping GD down. Ultimately we really need far too many things to go in our favour for us to gain a positive result.

abz_14

Think the main difference between this game and the previous two against Newcastle and Liverpool is that we no longer have doubts surrounding any of our players. It may seem a but cliche, but atleast now we have got rid of the players who wanted out and now have the players who are willing to give their all.

Going to very hard with the injuries and suspensions we have suffered-shame because I feel Gervinho would have been brilliant this game. The midfield is where we will win/f*** up. Who do we have available, Ramsey, Rosicky and??

CandysRoom

Established Member
Likely Lansbury unless a signing comes in pronto.

I think the psychological aspect of being a full team once more can't hurt us. They seem to be playing for eachother which shows their morale can't be at all time low having lost Fabs and Nasri.

Top Bottom