• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Halcyon Daze

Not sure why so many on here think we’ll walk through them without getting out of first gear ? United will turn up for this game because in the eyes of United fans they’ve got two cup finals coming up - the FA Cup against City and us on Sunday. They’re going to be up for this.
We’re in for a much harder game than a lot of fans seem to think.
Cant agree. It’s a a cup final for their fans. It isn’t a cup final for their players. There’s a huge disconnect at that club. ETH has lost the dressing room it could be argued, Casimeiro has checked out. Rashford’s attitude is mystifying considering it’s his boyhood club. I don’t think the player’s give a f**k. Their fans, yes. But it’s no cup final for their players. Their actual cup final is at Wembley. That’s what their players are thinking about. Anything but a cakewalk will be substandard.

Halcyon Daze

Ten Hag is one of the most unlikeable managers ever really, doesn't even have the charismatic arrogance that Pep and Mourinho have...he's just an annoying tw8t.

Hopefully we just batter them here, tbh...mainly for our title hopes, but secondly to make sure that lanky crack addict is sacked in the summer.
Ten Hag 2024: “"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment”.

John Carver 2016: “"I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League”.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We beat them at home with Zinchenko, Havertz in midfield and Nketiah up top.

Now they are in dire form, we are flying and have beaten Sp**s away twice in a row, a former bogey stadium of ours.

OT is next. They let in 20 shots a game, they'll be terrified. I expect a comfortable game but in reality, if they draw the lines wrong and we get an unfair 0-1 win I'd be even more happy. Ten Hag's head would explode.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ten Hag 2024: “"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment”.

John Carver 2016: “"I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League”.

Will always rate him for the fact that in the Championship Manager 03/04 game, he was the most sought after manager in the game for some reason.

Every save I did everytime Fergie retired at Yanited, he was always the manager they would pick to replace him ffs.

Maybe that game is why Carver had such a high opinion of himself, as when he actually started managing in real life oh boy was he sh1te :lol:

andeoch1

Ten Hag is one of the most unlikeable managers ever really, doesn't even have the charismatic arrogance that Pep and Mourinho have...he's just an annoying tw8t.

Hopefully we just batter them here, tbh...mainly for our title hopes, but secondly to make sure that lanky crack addict is sacked in the summer.
Don’t want him sacked

Riou

Don’t want him sacked

Neither do I, but he's definitely getting it...no chance he wins the cup v City and he's gonna finish on a negative goal difference ffs 😅

Halcyon Daze

Will always rate him for the fact that in the Championship Manager 03/04 game, he was the most sought after manager in the game for some reason.

Every save I did everytime Fergie retired at Yanited, he was always the manager they would pick to replace him ffs.

Maybe that game is why Carver had such a high opinion of himself, as when he actually started managing in real life oh boy was he sh1te :lol:
I’ll give him a pass. Carver meant he needs to mentally believe he’s the best manager in the league, even though he isn’t. He got it wrong and the media slaughtered him.

But ETH genuinely meant his statement, which is worrying. We need to take that busted flush of a club to the sword. This is an opportunity we cannot miss.

Riou

I’ll give him a pass. Carver meant he needs to mentally believe he’s the best manager in the league, even though he isn’t. He got it wrong and the media slaughtered him.

But ETH genuinely meant his statement, which is worrying. We need to take that busted flush of a club to the sword. This is an opportunity we cannot miss.

Plus Carver would absolutely batter that stick Erik in a fight, plus he seems the kind of man that would NEVER let his wife tell him what to do on Mother's Day.

That's a BIG thing for AM!

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Our record at old toilet is horrendous, but manure deserve everything happening to them atm with all the cheating that happened under Fergie.

I want blood for 8-2, let's smash them 9-0 with a rashford own goal.

HattoriHanzo

From Red Cafe:

If Arsenal don't beat us by 5 goals, they really shouldn't even be allowed to call it a win.

Have to agree with this.
So, Palace didn't win their match against them. Or is it valid only for Arsenal?

Btw. you have posted that after midnight, if I'm correct.
Didn't your parents send you to bed earlier? It was school night, wasn't it?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm too traumatized by decades of Utd winning games we've dominated to be cocky going into this. They are likely to play their best game of the season. That may still not be enough for them but get ready for it.

This is where I’m at. Of course, we should batter them, but it’s impossible for me to be confident going to Old Trafford. It’s like mystic forces are working against us each visit.

If not for VAR Auba would’ve had a perfectly good goal disallowed there. It’s just the kind of thing that happens. Like when Arshavin was completely taken out in the box by Fletcher and nothing happened.

It’s just a horrible place to go and play football.

Riou

A lovely win at the Toilet...a hilarious miss by Giggs, a lovely goal from Wiltord and all in a very underrated Arsenal kit...

...some AMers at the start of that vid giving their predictions, incase you don't know.

First up is @Blood on the Tracks who's missus didn't let him have the kids that weekend, so he drove down to United away hoping to take his anger out on some deserving Mancs.

Then you have @Jury after him, just 23 years young at that point.

And finally you have me, I had to change my voice as the camera guy said absolutely no way you are getting on the dvd unless you remove that Belfast accent.

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom