• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

I want blood on Sunday, this is our best chance to avenge the 8-2 if we ever have it

Given our away performances this season there should only be one result, but like many others on here, I still have this nagging feeling of Old Trafford and the awful results we've had there over the past 15 years, even in their decline they manage to pull a performance out the bag

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I want blood on Sunday, this is our best chance to avenge the 8-2 if we ever have it
"Wenger moved quickly to strengthen his squad, signing South Korean striker Park Chu-young from Monaco,Brazilian André Santos from Fenerbahçe, German defender Per Mertesacker from Werder Bremen,and Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta from Everton, as well as loaning Yossi Benayoun from rivals Chelsea."

Wenger does it again.

Tom Mix

"Wenger moved quickly to strengthen his squad, signing South Korean striker Park Chu-young from Monaco,Brazilian André Santos from Fenerbahçe, German defender Per Mertesacker from Werder Bremen,and Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta from Everton, as well as loaning Yossi Benayoun from rivals Chelsea."

Wenger does it again.
That was a really mixed bag. Arteta and Mertesacker did well, Benayoun was only a bit-partplayer, Santos couldn't defend for toffee and Park barely played.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We only loaned Benayoun and he was pretty useful if I remember correctly. Did well in the 5-2 against Sp**s and scored a few important goals in the run-in when we secured top 4.

I think Benayoun scored the winner against Norwich that guaranteed CL football. And I think it was last day of the season IIRC

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Benayoun (and Rosicky) getting into the team in 2011/2012, allowed us to play some proper football again...before them that season was one of the worst to watch us play, probably the first time under Arsène our football wasn't that great.

We lost Fabregas and Nasri, Wilshere missed the whole season injured, Arshavin went full "McDonalds Man" that year and we lost out on Cazorla that summer...creativity wise, we were in the mud 😅

Summer 2011 was big as both Arteta and Mertesacker proved crucial figures, as players and staff members now...but Yossi was decent for us, especially for a cheap loan.

Hinx

Sounds like Bruno and McTominay are back in training and Rashford could feature. Hopefully the former and latter miss, anything good United do (which isn't a lot, granted) inevitably comes through Fernandes. And Rashford has a nasty habit of scoring against us whatever form he's in.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I do not care about our record at OT.

We are so much better than them. They are in literally disarray. They have some talented players but most premier league players do (not Sheffield United).

We have the most powerful motivation football can provide. We have a defined play style. We have the personnel, and we have had a rest. We MUST win this game, and we should.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
These guys have got like 7 defenders missing from a defence that wasn’t great to begin with. Bruno and Rashford are out as well as much as I want to stay grounded I can’t see how we don’t smash them here. Would be awesome to rub it into Ten Hags face and give him something real to talk about next time he mentions the Arsenal.

come on @Makingtrax this is a free hit for you son

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ten hag confirm mctominay Rashford and Fernandes are back but Martinez and Mount won't play against Arsenal.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I do not care about our record at OT.

We are so much better than them. They are in literally disarray. They have some talented players but most premier league players do (not Sheffield United).

We have the most powerful motivation football can provide. We have a defined play style. We have the personnel, and we have had a rest. We MUST win this game, and we should.

Sheffield had them at 2-2 at OT before some late goals gave United the win, Burnley held this lot to a 1-1 draw at OT. They need spanking and we really should.

Tom Mix

We only loaned Benayoun and he was pretty useful if I remember correctly. Did well in the 5-2 against Sp**s and scored a few important goals in the run-in when we secured top 4.
He did ok but only played 19 games, that's why I had him in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom