• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manor Solomon

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Huh? What a weird criticism to level at a winger. He's the same height as Messi and Sterling, also he looks pretty stocky here. From the looks of it dribbling is his biggest strength, sure he'd need time to adjust to England but the idea he's too small is just ridiculous. I fear you're thinking too much about athleticism these days and not enough about talent and skill.

1384342_1.jpg

He's 5 ft 5. Messi and Sterling are 5 ft 7. They also look stockier. I don't care whether he is 5 ft or 6 ft. I am querying whether he can ride challenges in England or whether he will just get bounced to the ground because of being too light weight.

Athleticism AND skill is important to be a wide player in England.

Goonger

He's 5 ft 5. Messi and Sterling are 5 ft 7. They also look stockier. I don't care whether he is 5 ft or 6 ft. I am querying whether he can ride challenges in England or whether he will just get bounced to the ground because of being too light weight.

Some sites have him as 1.67m, some have him at 1.7m, which is closer to the height of Sterling & Neto.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Wiki has him at 167cm and Transfermarkt has him at 170cm, whatever it is it's short yes but not prohibitively so. Ryan Fraser is a wide player in England and he's 163cm. Insigne is one of the best forwards in Europe and he's 163cm.

I don't know if he can ride challenges in the PL but I assume if he's talented then he'll learn how to, like is tackling in the PL really so much more aggressive than anywhere else? He's already playing against professional defenders in the Ukrainian league and in the CL, it's not like he's never had to ride a rough challenge.

I don't know why so many on here are so down on him. From what i've seen he looks like a really good player who's young and wouldn't cost that much.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Wiki has him at 167cm and Transfermarkt has him at 170cm, whatever it is it's short yes but not prohibitively so. Ryan Fraser is a wide player in England and he's 163cm. Insigne is one of the best forwards in Europe and he's 163cm.

I don't know if he can ride challenges in the PL but I assume if he's talented then he'll learn how to, like is tackling in the PL really so much more aggressive than anywhere else? He's already playing against professional defenders in the Ukrainian league and in the CL, it's not like he's never had to ride a rough challenge.

I don't know why so many on here are so down on him. From what i've seen he looks like a really good player who's young and wouldn't cost that much.

Not too keen on this guy, but I agree that this Premier League physicality thing is pure comedy. Of course, there might be a small tendency at times, to have this league more physical, but it's minor.

What used to set the Premier league apart from e.g. the Bundesliga and Serie A, was that as opposed to the latter more tactical approach, the Premier league was/is more direct and back and forth with sometimes a few more powerful runners needed.

But there are beasts in every league. There's no new form of tackling in the Premier league, it's laughable. If that guy fails, it's because he isnt good enough

Pyromaniac

In his videos he looks like someone who dribbles with determination. I wouldn't be worried about his size. He will suit the PL with this style way more than someone like Reiss, who actually has all the talent.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nobody actually watches full matches of this guy. 25 million shouldn't get you a good young player. This is the problem with his club. 10 million should get you a good young player. 25 million and you are looking to buy a player that will become a top player in 3-4 years. He isn't better than Saka, he isn't better than Martinelli. Is he taking their spot? I'd rather spend 8 million on Olise and put our LIMiTED funds towards a central midfielder.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nobody actually watches full matches of this guy. 25 million shouldn't get you a good young player. This is the problem with his club. 10 million should get you a good young player. 25 million and you are looking to buy a player that will become a top player in 3-4 years. He isn't better than Saka, he isn't better than Martinelli. Is he taking their spot? I'd rather spend 8 million on Olise and put our LIMiTED funds towards a central midfielder.

1: Nobody here watches full matches of any of our targets, and let's not start pretending otherwise
2: Where does it say he costs 25m, could be cheaper than that
3: He could be better than Willian, Pepe and Nelson, he could take their spots
4: Olise also looks really good and definitely a player we should be looking at, but I don't think it's 100% confirmed that he actually has only a 8m release clause
5: Fair enough I agree we need much better midfielders, but which midfielder should we be committing the budget to? Cos from what I remember you've been advocating for the likes of Bissouma and I don't understand how that helps us score more goals.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not too keen on this guy, but I agree that this Premier League physicality thing is pure comedy. Of course, there might be a small tendency at times, to have this league more physical, but it's minor.

Well, it's overstated, but it's not without substance. The thing about PL that's hard to adjust is not increased physicality, but increased speed in conjunction with physicality. PL is like a mix of Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Bundesliga is the fastest of the Top 5 leagues but isn't very physical, whereas Ligue 1 is the most physical of the Top 5 leagues but is very slow. PL is both fast and physical, but not the fastest and most physical like some believe.

But there are beasts in every league. There's no new form of tackling in the Premier league, it's laughable. If that guy fails, it's because he isnt good enough

There are beasts in every league, yes, but the number of beasts varies. Agreed on the point about tackling though, PL is nothing special in that regard. It used to be, because you were allowed to get away with more back then, but it's no longer the case.

REWB

To say he's not better than Martenelli and Saka just because he plays for Shakhtar Donetsk is an insane statement. He's one of Shakhtar's best players, a team that consistently performs very well in the CL. Solomon has scored against Real madrid twice and Man City. Yet not good enough for arsenal... bollocks mate get off your high horse, our youngsters are good but they arent the finished article yet. Soloman could comfortable become better than them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To say he's not better than Martenelli and Saka just because he plays for Shakhtar Donetsk is an insane statement. He's one of Shakhtar's best players, a team that consistently performs very well in the CL. Solomon has scored against Real madrid twice and Man City. Yet not good enough for arsenal... bollocks mate get off your high horse, our youngsters are good but they arent the finished article yet. Soloman could comfortable become better than them.
Agreed. Shakhtar is better than us

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Do you remember a guy called Santiago Cazorla? He was weak, but he knew it... He didn't play contact football. If he can do that I'm ok with his height.

My problem is more if he is in the level of Willian-Cédric signing which is adding nothing to the first eleven quality.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

**** it, just give him HGH and horse tranquilizers that Messi took.

Top Bottom