• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manor Solomon

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Like I’m not really against this guy in general. But in the context of where we are in building the squad there are more prioritized positions. Don’t see this guy as an AM who’d come in and link up play like ESR does so he’d have to replace a winger. Imo we should really not make a new winger signing until we have signed backup left back, backup keeper, attacking midfielder, central midfielder, right back, striker (shifting Laca). If we did that, I’d be all for this signing
When a chance to sign quality talent comes up you sign

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree and disagree. If it comes down to budget and liquidity then you prioritise getting the gaps in the squad filled first.
Left back is AMN. They can get backup English keeper like Tom Heaton for next to nothing. We have 3 players who can play right back. We need to immediately add to our attacking options. Winger or central attacker whatever we can get now. We need Europa football next season and without another attacker we won’t get it

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Left back is AMN. They can get backup English keeper like Tom Heaton for next to nothing. We have 3 players who can play right back. We need to immediately add to our attacking options. Winger or central attacker whatever we can get now. We need Europa football next season and without another attacker we won’t get it
By all accounts Arteta doesn’t see AMN as left back regardless of what you or I think (I agree he could be). GK is fair. Right back I’m talking about an upgrade on our current ones. Same with CM. We need someone to play AM imo, not winger. We have Auba, Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Nelson, Willian and it would take outs before we get someone in. If a guy like Solomon comes in he needs to displace either Auba/Martinelli or Saka and I don’t really see that happening. We should not spend a pence for a backup winger. Imo he’s not an AM, at least not the profile we need.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

By all accounts Arteta doesn’t see AMN as left back regardless of what you or I think (I agree he could be). GK is fair. Right back I’m talking about an upgrade on our current ones. Same with CM. We need someone to play AM imo, not winger. We have Auba, Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Nelson, Willian and it would take outs before we get someone in. If a guy like Solomon comes in he needs to displace either Auba/Martinelli or Saka and I don’t really see that happening. We should not spend a pence for a backup winger. Imo he’s not an AM, at least not the profile we need.
Lool you think Arsenal will do all that? You make it sound like we have plans and structure. I take any good player and worry about what we lack later. Of all the players we linked it I want buendia first if not this guy. I don’t care for backup keeper or left back

Bloodbather

Established Member

Like I’m not really against this guy in general. But in the context of where we are in building the squad there are more prioritized positions. Don’t see this guy as an AM who’d come in and link up play like ESR does so he’d have to replace a winger. Imo we should really not make a new winger signing until we have signed backup left back, backup keeper, attacking midfielder, central midfielder, right back, striker (shifting Laca). If we did that, I’d be all for this signing

Signing a winger who can also play AM is the way to go. You'd be able to play him as a starter on wing and slot him in for ESR when he needs to rest. Someone like Brandt, Buendia or Olise.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Lool you think Arsenal will do all that? You make it sound like we have plans and structure. I take any good player and worry about what we lack later. Of all the players we linked it I want buendia first if not this guy. I don’t care for backup keeper or left back
I do actually. Not in this window and not in the summer, but if we’re going to build a squad to compete for CL spots it’s needed and I feel that there are indications that Edu and Arteta are aware of this. Whether they’ll be able to deliver is still very unclear but I think we’ll move towards these signings one by one. Not sure about the right back and striker. The latter I really hope we upgrade on as the alternative would be to give Laca a new contract.

End of the day - Manor Solomon is not the profile (in terms of position) we should be signing right now.

We can agree to disagree :)

Iceman10

Established Member
Any more details on what the price tag would roughly be? Without that it is hard to say picking up a supposed talented development opportunity is worth it. I say “development” because an Israeli A-M poster who is more familiar with the player than most others here said the player likely would require a season to acvlinatise to the PL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Signing a winger who can also play AM is the way to go. You'd be able to play him as a starter on wing and slot him in for ESR when he needs to rest. Someone like Brandt, Buendia or Olise.
Fully agree. I want us to sign buendia this window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I checked before to see if he was a Zahavi client but he’s registered to someone called Adam Kidan.

Really not shocked Zihavi is involved as him and Kia share an agency. Going full Kia and getting in Neto and Solomon would be jokes :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agree. I'm on the Olise train since @Rex Banter pointed me in the right direction. He can play Left & Right & No10. Ideal age to rotate with ESR. We could still get an exp player in the summer, all 3 would get games. All 3 could even play together due to being adaptable.

Dynamic

Solomon's agent claimed on a podcast in Israel that 'the interest is mutual and the likelihood is 50-50'. The football.london article is based on that.
As an Israeli I would actually prefer if he joins a Leipzig/Atlanta type before he jumps to a stressful club like arsenal in the prem, where he needs to produce instantly. He does have a strong character and plenty of talent, but will require time to adapt here.
One thing for sure, if Solomon moves here, Arsenal is going to be way more popular in Israel. I am not really sold with the idea, I like it as a niche club with true fans.

tcahill

These are the kind of signings we should be making. Talented looking young players that we can mold into quality, or alternatively move on quickly for a small loss.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem this one actually have legs because of reports from his country saying this could be happening in January. Maybe a late move

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This hopefully is the benefit of Kia although so far it’s been a trainwreck.

Hope this kid actually bangs.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Solomon's agent claimed on a podcast in Israel that 'the interest is mutual and the likelihood is 50-50'. The football.london article is based on that.
As an Israeli I would actually prefer if he joins a Leipzig/Atlanta type before he jumps to a stressful club like arsenal in the prem, where he needs to produce instantly. He does have a strong character and plenty of talent, but will require time to adapt here.
One thing for sure, if Solomon moves here, Arsenal is going to be way more popular in Israel. I am not really sold with the idea, I like it as a niche club with true fans.
I only seen his YouTube highlights. But he looks really good. The one thing you can’t gauge on YouTube is character. But definitely talented. It would be easier for him to get games at Arsenal than Leipzig

Top Bottom