• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marc Roca

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
By all accounts he looks like a good young player, but i'm not sure I see the logic in it. He's so similar to Xhaka, as is Koopmeiners who was also linked.

I'm not sure why we're linked to so many deep midfielders. We already have Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi who all do most of their stuff around the half-way line. They're not players who spend much time on the edges of the oppositions box.

Don't we need a midfielder who takes up positions a bit higher up the pitch?

Bloodbather

Established Member

By all accounts he looks like a good young player, but i'm not sure I see the logic in it. He's so similar to Xhaka, as is Koopmeiners who was also linked.

I'm not sure why we're linked to so many deep midfielders. We already have Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi who all do most of their stuff around the half-way line. They're not players who spend much time on the edges of the oppositions box.

If the links have legitimacy, Xhaka being sold is the only possible explanation.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If the links have legitimacy, Xhaka being sold is the only possible explanation.

That would be a surprising and unlikely turn of events.

But still, why are we linked to so many deep midfielders and hardly any attacking midfielders? That's what puzzles me.

Bloodbather

Established Member

That would be a surprising and unlikely turn of events.

But still, why are we linked to so many deep midfielders and hardly any attacking midfielders? That's what puzzles me.

It is concerning indeed, I'm starting to worry that the plan is a DM-Xhaka-Ceballos midfield, that's not creative enough.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It all comes down to how he wants to play. I have no idea how he wants to play other than attacking with 5 and defending with 5.

He says he wants tactical flexibility, Roca doesn't add that. He is a more technical version of Xhaka who can spray the ball over the pitch, but he barely crosses the halfway line and also isn't good defensively or in the air. So yeah, linked to him doesn't fill me with excitement when Arteta is talking about rebuilding the spine of the team.

I think this may just be one of those links. Like a Praet or Anderson.

Shalmaneser V

I think he could work at the base in a 3.

He’s more suited to the role than Xhaka as he’s better defensively and more press resistant.

We’ve missed this kind of player for years and is part of the reason our defensive record has been soo bad. Someone to shield the back 4, mop up any danger but also technical and capable of progressing the ball forward.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he could work at the base in a 3.

He’s better defensively than Xhaka and more press resistant.

We’ve missed this kind of player for years and is part of the reason our defensive record has been soo bad. Someone to shield the back 4, mop up any danger but also technical and capable of progressing the ball forward.

He isn't good defensively. Probably on par with Guendouzi. Thats a problem.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I hope so, certainly doesn't fill a hole in the squad.

Get me Partey/vdBeek/Golovin as an all-action '8', not another DLP.

Yeah you see someone like Van de Beek, i'd be interested in a link like that. Obviously he's had links to clubs like Madrid and Utd, but i'm not entirely sure if he's achieved enough to get that move.

He feels like the sort of midfielder we need. He's always getting into the box and contributing with goals or assists. He feels like a natural Ramsey replacement.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Golovin just extended his deal by a year, so has Rodrigo De Paul who would be a very good buy.
Ah that's a shame.
We should bring back Josh Dasilva
Don't really know much about him. What's his profile?
Yeah you see someone like Van de Beek, i'd be interested in a link like that. Obviously he's had links to clubs like Madrid and Utd, but i'm not entirely sure if he's achieved enough to get that move.

He feels like the sort of midfielder we need. He's always getting into the box and contributing with goals or assists. He feels like a natural Ramsey replacement.
Think the Madrid link fell through. Don't know if Utd needs him as it stands.

Shalmaneser V

Seem his team would be open to sell for 20m euros.

At that price I think he’s worth a punt. If we do bring him in I want us to supplement it with a couple of more agile athletic technically gifted runners.

Roca and a Van de Beek/Szoboszlai/Aouar/Ødegaard/Buendia would do nicely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom