• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Match ratings Arsenal v Dortmund 2-1

Bossa

Established Member
Szscsesny 7
Koscielny 7
Mertesacker 7
Vermaelen 8
Santos 8
Song 8
Ramsey 6
Arteta 6
Gervinho 6
Walcott 7
RVP 8

Benayoun 7
Djourou 6
Diaby 10

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
chesney 6.5 good saves at first half

verms/merte 7 both i give the the same rate good game from both

kosh 7 another good game in RB position

santos 7 very good game
song 5 for the first half, 8 for the 2nd half great skills controled the midfield and he not giving any spaces for dortmund players but at the end he give the ball away and give dortmund a goal. but overall good game.

ramsey 6.5 good 2nd half

arteta 6

walcott 7 good game some nice crosses and passes

rvp 8 no comment

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Gerv: 5.5
Szczesny, Merte, Verms, Arteta, Kos, Theo: 6.5
Robin, Ramsey, Santos: 7
Song: 8

Diaby: 15
DJ: -
Benayoun: 6.5

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
That's something we should never say about an Arsenal player no matter how awful he is. it's just totally wrong and tasteless.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
No need to be so touchy. I just don't rate him one bit, so I don't ever want to see him in the squad, nevermind the first XI.

The sooner he's sold the better. (Or is it unfair to want him sold...)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well we need all the fit players we can get our hands on , so am rapt that Diaby is back .

halfvolley

I'm interested to see how Diaby fares with the new more direct style. I think it will suit him to be honest, he's not the sharpest tool in the box and often looked confused and lost last year. Maybe now life will be a little bit more simple for him and he can shine?

I'm such an optimist :)

yuvken

Established Member
Agree with Yousif more or less, or RWA's ratio (just - all but gervinho get a bit more, and VP a further bit). Song's different level in parts of the game was strange, but in the end you must say he was immense.
VP - it's not just that he can't stop scoring. he was doing things everywhere, and he's play was class.
Happy with Santos progress.
Going mad over Gerv frustration.
Ramsey's beauty is subtle, but he's so damn valuable already.

ArsenalDNA

Szczesny - 6.5 - Didn't have much to do, no way he could've prevented the goal.

Koscielny - 7 - Beast defensively, a bit more adventurous going forward than against Norwich.
Mertesacker - 7 - A lot more assured than the weekend, one iffy moment when Kagawa jogged past him to get onto a through ball.
Vermaelen - 8 - Just a monster. Does he ever make mistakes?
Santos - 7 - Good game, good going forward as usual. Solid at the back.

Song - First half 6/Second half 9. Was a quiet first half with Dortmund's pressing causing our midfield some problems. A dominant second half after Dortmund had tired and he started to boss anyone that was stupid enough to try take him on. Beautiful assist.
Arteta - 6.5 - Quiet, grew into the game.
Ramsey - 7 - Ran the whole game. Some nice touches in the second half opening the game up.

Gervinho - 5.5 - Constantly gets into decent positions which is about the only positive.
Theo - 7 - Probably our only threat in the first half. Great ball into the RvP that the keeper managed to get a hand to to prevent a certain goal.
RvP - 8.5 - Like the rest of the team a quiet first half. Second half was great. Could've finished with an assist if Gervinho had finished the one on one. There was like 20 minutes where every time he touched the ball everything he tried came off.

Subs
Djourou - Kind of at fault for their goal
Diaby - Completed passes
Benayoun - Some nice touches and creative passes. Surely it's not long before he gets a start.

TheArsenalis

Szscsesny 7 was his regular assured self
Koscielny 6 he is no right back, he was solid but offered walcott very little help
Mertesacker 8 he was the called action the most and produce the good brilliantly.
Vermaelen 7 hardly troubled, top man
Santos 7 felt he dived into challenges with hope instead measured challenges but he is so good with ball and going 4rd
Song 8.5 downer is his ball hogging, solid, knew this wasnt a game for his usual indiscipline sat back more to help out defense, but produce thee moment of magic, love it
Ramsey 6 should have been rested, showed nice touches and skills but overall silient
Arteta 6 no comment
Gervinho 3 I spent most of the standing up 4 him and he dissapoing me, rubbish
Walcott 7 he keeps improving, we gonna reap the rewards
RVP 8.5 two goal, he always come through

Benayoun 7 stylish display hope to see more
Djourou 6 no comment
Diaby 10 for being fit and appearing.

Better judgement for gervy reserve after redemption against fulham this weekend

mistaT

Established Member
This was a team win, really no one should be ranked significantly above others but our Cb's did excel.

Theo looked the part.

CM looked outclassed but we won so they did their job.

RVP with two equates to another successful run out.

Santos had a mixed bag, still unsure as to what to think of him.

Gervinho is really starting to frustrate me, not only for the lack of finishing but because he's a ***** and backed out of a number of challenges.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
SomGooner said:
That's something we should never say about an Arsenal player no matter how awful he is. it's just totally wrong and tasteless.

I prefer results over Wenger's pets getting playing time. I'm sure Diaby will survive, getting a fortune for doing **** all every week. At least he's not doing any damage when he's not in the squad.

AM has gone promotion mad it seems. :shock:

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szczesny......6.....wasn't tested too often, nice save from Kagawa.

Koscielny.........7.....solid match again.
Mertesacker........6.5.....couple of good headers, too tight at times.
Vermaelen..........7.....another assured display
Santos..........6.5.....the lad is excellent on the ball, obviously positionally he is suspect although his teammates seem to be aware of it and cover for him, with either Song or TV. He was enjoying running down the clock.

Song........7......could be higher after such a great assist but I can't forget the poor play, cost us a goal. Had a really good second half.
Arteta.......6.5....like the whole team, struggled first half. Did alot of great work defensively which can go unnoticed and had a good second half.
Ramsey..........6.5.....like the other two, grew as the game went on. Some sloppy moments, some exquisite through-balls.

Theo..........6......threatening at times.
RVP.........8....MOTM
Gervinho...........5

Glovegun

Established Member
I think people need to give Ramsey a bit of slack, he's got the creative weight of the team on his shoulders and is trying to replace one of the best players in the world. He gets on the ball and always looks to do something productive with it, that's the important thing. He needs the options off the ball though.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Ramsey's been very good recently.
Producing some great final balls and never gets tired.

Should've had a couple of assists yesterday.

yuvken

Established Member
Spot on, RWA. Rambo's movement is not just amazing in distance and pace - he's movement without the ball is very intelligent.
he's still got some growing, and when opponents go to our throats he's not entirely comfortable (Same with Teta, perhaps all our mid, though Song is less vulnerable) - that was Drtmnd's thing, and worked for them (till the injuries).
But really seeing what Rambo gives us can not be done with eyes on the ball (it's not just his amazing D splitting passes, though they're great).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom