• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matchday Ratings, Arsenal/Bolton

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Shaun's thread has guys listed twice and out of the order that I use in the weekly spreadsheet, so I thought I'd create one in proper order. Move either one you'd like

Remember, we're going 1-10 here, and if you want your voice heard and recorded for the overall season ratings, post your ratings for everyone.

Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Gallas
Clichy
Eboue
Flamini
Fabregas
Hleb
Adebayor
Eduardo

Walcott
Rosicky
Diaby

stiiphunn

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8.5
Adebayor 6.5
Eduardo 6.5

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7
Diaby

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Flamini 7,5
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8,5
Adebayor 7,5
Eduardo 6.5

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7
Diaby -

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 6 - did nothing wrong, nothing to do infact as bolton only registered one shot on goal

Sagna 7 - defensively solid, attacking wise supported decently.

Touré 8.5 - rock in our defence, a have a hell of rocket shot. who said he must stop those 40 yards freekicks and learn from beckham? the goal was always coming, he have been unlucky alot of times already

Gallas 6 - defensively abit shaky, understandable of his return from injury. lose alot of battles against davies. missed couple of good chances.

Clichy 7.5 - embarked on some solid runs in the 2nd half, and drove the team forward. very very good defensively, can't count the no. of interceptions and tackles he won for us.

Eboue 5 - terrible performance. missed a sitter, misplaced lots of passes. the reason we played better was because he left. needs to buck up.

Flamini 6 - average, headless chicken might be back. he needs abit of calmness on the ball at times

Fabregas 8 - great performance, unlucky not to get a assist or a goal. added defensive side to his game. tackled very well at times. needs to control his temper

Hleb 8 - worked very hard, tried alot of opeings, created many moves and even tried a few shots. one of the shots was going in before it hit our own player. pivotal point of our attack

Adebayor 7 - worked hard, very unlucky not to get a goal. looked like he has lost steam at the end and couldn't run anymore.

Eduardo 6 - haven't gelled yet, provided a couple of superb telling crosses. more to come from him surely.

Subs
Walcott 7.5 - totally changed the game again. what a great run at the 2nd half. the sheer simplicity he runs pass people was amazing. great skill to set up the 2nd goal. caused havoc on the flanks at times.

Rosicky 7.5 - good goal. added alot to our game.

Diaby N.A

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Hardly tested.
Sagna 7 - Solid overall.
Toure 8 - Brilliant as ever.
Gallas 6 - Not much to do.
Clichy 7.5 - Very good.
Eboue 4.5 - Abysmal
Flamini 7 - Solid
Fabregas 6.5 - Played well.
Hleb 9 - Magnificent, MOTM
Eduardo 6 - Struggled a bit
Adebayor 6 - Not his best performance

Walcott 7.5 - Made an impact
Rosicky 7 - Good goal.
Diaby - N/A

Swish

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 6
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Hleb 8
Adebayor 6
Eduardo 6

Walcott 8
Rosicky 8

stiiphunn

Established Member
Swish said:
Curiosity is getting the better of me here, so I thought I'd ask. Where do you guys watch the matches? Is this all from streams and/or showings in different countries?

(PS. Dont worry MDGoonah, I'll edit this thread later after watching MOtD so that I can give some ratings as well, so that it doesnt throw everything out of order for you me ol' mucker :))

On TV. I live in France and we're lucky enough to get almost every Arsenal games.

Dez

Swish said:
Curiosity is getting the better of me here, so I thought I'd ask. Where do you guys watch the matches? Is this all from streams and/or showings in different countries?

(PS. Dont worry MDGoonah, I'll edit this thread later after watching MOtD so that I can give some ratings as well, so that it doesnt throw everything out of order for you me ol' mucker :))

TV, In australia theres digital TV and you can pick what game to watch, like last night i could have switched between this game, reading/blackburn city/birmingham chelsea/boro wigan/pompey.

AS for the game....

Gallas, Sagna, Toure, Almunia and Flamini played as we have come to expect though none were particularly exceptional.

Eboue was abysmal, there is no way he is a winger in an Arsène Wenger team, no way.

Cesc, Ade, Eduardo would probably be unhappy with their performances, they were below par.

Clichy had an average first hour but came to life in the last half hour and played well.

The substitutes changed everything, Rosicky and Walcott both played the role of an impact player well.

Hleb showed his quality today, MOTM, he is a very very talented boy.

godfather

Swish said:

On internet mate

Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Flamini 7,5
Fabregas 8
Hleb 8,5
Adebayor 7,5
Eduardo 7

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7
Diaby -

Juicy

Almunia 6
Sagna 6.5
Touré 7.5
Gallas 6.5
Clichy 7.5
Eboue 5
Flamini 7.5
Fabregas 6.5
Hleb 8
Adebayor 7
Eduardo 6.5

Walcott 7.5
Rosicky 7.5
Diaby

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Almunia 7 - Commanding and confident - all you need
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7
Hleb 9 - MOTM
Adebayor 6.5 -midfileders took the show
Eduardo 6.5 - midfielders took the show

Walcott 7 - good assist
Rosicky 7 - clinical finish
Diaby

dutchMasta

Only watched parts of it on the replay on Football First, Sky Sports 1 (switching between that and rugby). Watched MOTD too of course.

Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 6.5
Clichy 7
Eboue 5
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8.5
Adebayor 6
Eduardo 6

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7
Diaby

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 6 - nothing to do
Sagna - 7 - Solid
Toure - 7 - The Rock
Gallas - 7 - Solid
Clichy - 8 - Press the ball a lot
Eboue - 4 - ineffective
Cesc - 7 - not his best game as Bolton tried their usual stopage tactic
Flamini - 7 - same as Cesc
Hleb - 8 - brave and dictating
Ade - 7 - worked very hard despite losing his concentration when finishing a few times
Eduardo - 5 - struggled to play center-right upfront, subdued after O'Brien's challange

Sub:
Theo - 7 - changed the game
Rosicky - 7 - killed the game with his goal
Diaby - N/A

Wenger - 7 - Timely substituion with subbing ineffective Eboue. Managed to utilise his personnel resrouce after international week.

gstew

Almunia -- 7.5 Liked the speed at which he distributed ball.
Sagna -- 7.5 Excellent defensively and mediocre in attack.
Touré -- 9 Excellent everywhere.
Gallas -- 8 Played well.
Clichy -- 9 I am in love!! Was absolutely awesome!! Won a definite penalty!!
Eboue -- 4 Was very poor.
Flamini -- 7 Played well defensively and showed excellent commitment, but some of his passing was poor.
Fabregas -- 7.5 Was inconsistent, but played Ade through brilliantly and his commitment was great.
Hleb -- 8 Dominated in the middle third, but end product was just a bit off.
Adebayor -- 7.5 Terrible end product, but his physical presence dominated the final third of the field.
Eduardo -- 5.5 I am really looking forward to when Eduardo starts to play well.

Walcott -- 8.5 If he is truly turning the corner then he should earn time ahead of Eboue. I am definitely encouraged.
Rosicky -- 8 Played well
Diaby -- Incomplete

Biggus

Established Member
Almunia ~ 6
Sagna ~ 6
Touré ~ 8
Gallas ~ 5
Clichy ~ 6
Eboue ~3
Flamini ~ 7
Fabregas ~ 7
Hleb ~ 8
Adebayor ~ 7
Eduardo ~ 5

Walcott ~ 7
Rosicky ~ 7
Diaby ~ n/a

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 6
Clichy 7.5
Eboue 5
Cesc 6.5
Flamini 6
Hleb 6.5
Adebayor 6
Eduardo 6

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
stiiphunn said:
Swish said:

On TV. I live in France and we're lucky enough to get almost every Arsenal games.
I live in Singapore and in the past there is ESPN and Starsports so most of the times i get to see arsenal games, although espnstar always favours manureliverpoolchelscum. its like this in CL though, as we still rely on espnstar showing CL games. arsenal is in a crap group they think and unimportant so they always shows others live and ours delayed or nothing.

this year theres in new tv deal so we got a 3 new football channel. arsenal is live for every week now.

theres always stream for arsenal epl games

qs

Established Member
Almunia - 6 nothing to do
Sagna - 7 so calm, so under rated, does a great job of getting the ball out of defence and to the rest of the team.
Touré - 7 very good
Gallas - 7 same
Clichy 8 - outstanding.
Eboue - 4 terrible
Flamini 6 - adequete
Fabregas - 7 some good passing, standard game for Cesc
Hleb - 8 MOTM, when Cescs not driving everything Alex is, huge player for us now.
Adebayor - 5 awful.
Eduardo - 6 reasonable, worked hard, might have done better had Ade been on form

Walcott - 8 changed the game
Rosicky - 7 did well when he came on

bazza_afc

Almunia 7

Sagna 6
Touré 8
Gallas 6
Clichy 7

Eboue 4
Flamini 6
Fabregas 6
Hleb 6

Adebayor 5
Eduardo 5

Walcott 7
Rosicky 7

banduan

Established Member
Why do some people give high points to Ade? I didn't see the match, but 'hard work but no end product' type performances are typical comments on an Ade off-day. I've hated those days because it makes other players look bad.

Top Bottom