• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy (Out) | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't see a specific thread for this but given the player himself has said he may look to move on himself I thought it merited discussion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...as-Arsène-wenger-admits-move-is-a6791676.html

It's a shame that two bad injuries, in particular the second one which should have lead to a severe punishment, has cut short his Arsenal career. He has been disappointPL ing but I feel if given game time he may recover and start producing displays again.

Read in twitter Aston Villa may be interested and a 6m bid could see us do business. If so that's a good deal for a player we are unlikely to use and has had serious injuries. Recouped most of our initial outlay.

em9999

My rainbows
He's turned into a steaming pile of dog turd, bellerin needs proper competition, he is becoming untouchable.

I would let debuchy go for 3 mil just to get rid, he clearly isn't good enough, even for back up

Taxi Driver

He's clearly not motivated at all. Might be best for both parties for him to leave. The problem is, who do we buy? Jenkinson isn't ready to be even second choice here.

Someone experienced and willing to sit on the bench would be perfect. Or we pull a Monreal, fingers crossed!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we will necessarily buy someone either with Chambers and Jenkinson on the books already.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Absolute fraud, the little French midget, hope he leaves.

Should have signed Serge Aurier who looks a world beater now, but let's be honest most didn't want him because he's African.

Great great player, Serge Aurier.

pikey2000

Can Jenkinson be recalled? If we sell Debuchy we may as well use the guy.

Going to be difficult to find a quality player who is happy to sit in Bellerin's shadow for the next 10 years...........

Malky

Established Member
Absolute fraud, the little French midget, hope he leaves.

Should have signed Serge Aurier who looks a world beater now, but let's be honest most didn't want him because he's African.

Great great player, Serge Aurier.
The lad was desperate to come here as well. Quality wise, Aurier and Bellerin would of made RB one of our strongest positions.
Debuchy did look a good signing before the injury, to be fair, no one was mentioning the loss of Sagna. Although I think you foreseen this? You've hated the signing before he was even officially an Arsenal player :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's not a top defender. You can't go from Sagna who was one of the best defenders in Europe to some dodgy midget from Newcastle.

People on here find it funny and I'm always amused at it, when I laud Sagna as a great great defender. Sagna was top quality.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I'd rather have Jenkinson to be honest, in the least I'd like us to give Jenko another chance before we sell him.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
He hasn't looked that bad, frustrations can get the better of your judgement.

I don't consider him to come back and start most games for us, but as a rotation I'm sure he can come good.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Let him stay until the summer so we can get a proper replacement then.

Would be typical us to sell him and the day later Bellerin gets injured for the rest of the season.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Debuchy's problem isn't a lack of ability. I've said it before that the only rank game people can point to that he's had was the Sheffield Wednesday game. He's been consistently solid otherwise. His problem is he's a stroppy ****. Decent back up for the rest of the season. Won't be overly sad to see him go in the summer. Selling him now, though, will bite us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There's one poster on here who complains about signing Africans (for non-racist reasons) more than anyone else.

Guess who?:lol:

Prawn Sandwich

Thought he was acceptable at first. Not flashy but did the job, and I seem to recall us being a bit worried when he first got injured.

As it happens the dynamic Bellarin was a godsend for our attacking play and we had nothing to fear.

This year's title race is the to stay fit. We have a strong squad and have managed first team injuries well. A solid back up in the majority of positions has kept us in it.

I still think he could still be a useful squad player in the run-in and I would be hesitant to sell this window for sentimentality's sake to let him get game time for a shot at the France 2016 squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom