• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Thanks, it's not every day when a troll compliments you from making fun of them!

do many make fun from you? I assure you that I am not trolling. Did you see how Laca brushed him off during his goal celebration, btw. Laca was having to do his work along with his own.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No, I don't like to make about others either. This is just something I try currently with dealing people who say Guendouzi is poor man's Elneny and other similar stuff.

I say it's clear trolling, that plus backing it up by seriously saying that midfielder's performances are evaluated from their goal amount.

No need to delve into it further, thanks for the conversation!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I agree ..he is improving and may one day excel, as an AM. I think Emery views him as a hard running AM in the Banega mould.

However he costs us games now. We cant control the midfield and cant connect play. We drew to Sp**s at home. Hoping to see a matchwinning performance from him someday.
We drew to Sp**s at home because of a shocking parry by Leno and a ridiculous challenge by Xhaka. What are you gpoing on about?

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
We drew to Sp**s at home because of a shocking parry by Leno and a ridiculous challenge by Xhaka. What are you gpoing on about?
didnt u see them gimps galloping down the middle all game, towards our goal with doozi trotting behind, hair bouncing.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
What are we even arguing about here? Our midfield did get overrun too often on Sunday, but it looked to me like they didn’t play well as a unit. How does this become entirely Douzi’s fault? Aiming the question squarely @arsenefc

How does he get called out so vociferously but not the whole midfield trio? They need to gel. They need to communicate. That’s not all on him. And he assisted the equalizer with a brilliant ball to Auba. Come on.

drippin

What are we even arguing about here? Our midfield did get overrun too often on Sunday, but it looked to me like they didn’t play well as a unit. How does this become entirely Douzi’s fault? Aiming the question squarely @arsenefc

How does he get called out so vociferously but not the whole midfield trio? They need to gel. They need to communicate. That’s not all on him. And he assisted the equalizer with a brilliant ball to Auba. Come on.

It just is, because he is poor man's Elneny.

They both have 0 goals in EPL, so they are almost same. But Elneny is better or rich man's Elneny, because he got 0 goals in 4 seasons. 4 is more than 1 season, so Guendouzi loses this in-depth player comparison.

Elneny who probably never got Man of the Match in EPL, let alone against top 6 team.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

my point is that by playing him, we cede the midfield and tend to lose the games in which he plays. We play him as CM, hoping to develop him and groom him. He gets a lot of leeway positionally and other team members have to cover for his shortcomings. He neither adds to your cutting edge nor to your defensive solidity.

He just looks pretty and finally did manage an assist when pushed up. This was his first assist in the PL and he still doesnt have a goal. So while he did do a lot of things right, he was actually playing in the role that Eriksen or Silva or Wijnaldum play for our rivals, or the role Cesc, Ramsey, Jack played once for us, and so he will be judged by those standards.

He may be a good footballer, but he didnt really deliver much for the position/role he was played in. Even Alex Song managed a decent assist once in a while, when paired with a slippery sharp attacker. Maybe if the same minutes and indulgence had been afforded to Willock or AMN, to take an example, maybe they would have better stats and impact.

So, not saying he was the only reason we screwed up the game. Thats on Emery, but a big common factor in games that he plays, is that our midfield cannot cope and our play is disjointed. What is the position that suits his style? Is he a DM or a CM or an AM? Last game it did seem that maybe he can work as an AM with two CM/DM behind him. We will need to see more games, before deciding if he can create enough and consistently in that role.

AMN got an assist in a match we won, doozi got one in a draw. AMN gets criticized while doozi is the second coming. I dont get it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AM, (or just in the minds of eejits) where your players are supposed to be square in line with each other all game, in your starting position, in case nobody covers you, like some real life game of ****ing bar football. Have to go on an ignore spree.

drippin

my point is that by playing him, we cede the midfield and tend to lose the games in which he plays. We play him as CM, hoping to develop him and groom him. He gets a lot of leeway positionally and other team members have to cover for his shortcomings. He neither adds to your cutting edge nor to your defensive solidity.

He just looks pretty and finally did manage an assist when pushed up. This was his first assist in the PL and he still doesnt have a goal. So while he did do a lot of things right, he was actually playing in the role that Eriksen or Silva or Wijnaldum play for our rivals, or the role Cesc, Ramsey, Jack played once for us, and so he will be judged by those standards.

He may be a good footballer, but he didnt really deliver much for the position/role he was played in. Even Alex Song managed a decent assist once in a while, when paired with a slippery sharp attacker. Maybe if the same minutes and indulgence had been afforded to Willock or AMN, to take an example, maybe they would have better stats and impact.

So, not saying he was the only reason we screwed up the game. Thats on Emery, but a big common factor in games that he plays, is that our midfield cannot cope and our play is disjointed. What is the position that suits his style? Is he a DM or a CM or an AM? Last game it did seem that maybe he can work as an AM with two CM/DM behind him. We will need to see more games, before deciding if he can create enough and consistently in that role.

AMN got an assist in a match we won, doozi got one in a draw. AMN gets criticized while doozi is the second coming. I dont get it.

Keep comments like this, and you might convince A-M after 200 comments you're not a total troll. :) Let's have a go.

So are you serious, or just blind, guy gets Man of the Match, even without scoring like others, and "but he didnt really deliver much for the position/role he was played in".

For your info, MotM is not given based only on goal scoring or assisting. 1-0 game-winning scorer might get it, but in games like this it tells a story about the total performance of a player. Guendouzi was the best player in the game, not only in his position.

Did you know also that Ramsey left very much spaces and got critique from it?

Again, Willock was minorly injured. AMN has not played CMF for a long long time, you would put in him midfield against Tottenham like in FIFA, it's very simple?

And it's Emery's fault that there were two very amateurish mistakes that made us lose?

For your info, Wenger lost many points because of Mustafi & Xhaka for example, did you put those as Arsène's fault? From your output and name I assume not.

Last edited:

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Correlation does not imply causation my man, otherwise I can say that Xhaka was the woe of all those troubles since he plays most matches Doozi does.

AMN was most people's MVP that game you disingenuous little sh*t.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So while he did do a lot of things right, he was actually playing in the role that Eriksen or Silva or Wijnaldum play for our rivals, or the role Cesc, Ramsey, Jack played once for us, and so he will be judged by those standards.

There’s actually some logic to this but you’re being harsh as usual on Douzi. Think it’s hard to judge him against David Silva because he’s an elite player playing in that Man City attack that doesn’t even make sense. Eriksen clearly plays a much more attacking role as did Ramsey and as for Cesc, we completely played through him.

Expecting Wilshere and Wijnaldum numbers is more reasonable. You would expect Douzi to be a secondary playmaker in midfield behind an Özil or Ceballos type.

He’s got his assist and had a very good chance that was saved against Burnley. I think he’ll pop up with a good amount of end product for his role and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom