• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Guendouzi physicality is not related to his age. That is just the way he is. See other 20 year-old players like Nketiah, Nelson, Mbappe all are at his age and they are all physically mature. I do not want to sound racist to whites, yellows, reds or whatever by no means but I also think black race physically are better than other races.
No scientific evidence to support that, and it’s too thick with the ugliness of the Eugenics movement to be said in a modern forum.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Strange deviation. Really strange tangent to go off on.

Guendouzi will always have a wirey frame. This doesn't need to be a problem - it hasn't done Busquets any harm. He just needs to learn when to release the ball as he doesn't have the strength to hold players off.

Exactly. He's an ectomorph. It's genetics.

With regards to releasing the ball sooner, it will happen with the improved running off the ball we'll have this year by hopefully playing with two proper wingers, including Pepe.

You'll see some majestic passing from him, Torreira and Ceballos.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Exactly. He's an ectomorph. It's genetics.

With regards to releasing the ball sooner, it will happen with the improved running off the ball we'll have this year by hopefully playing with two proper wingers, including Pepe.

You'll see some majestic passing from him, Torreira and Ceballos.
I hope Guendouzi doesn't lose his propensity for playing risky yet rewarding passes through the lines, even from deep, as long as the pass is on.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Jackie_Treehorn

Not generally physically "better", but by now there have at least been studies highlighting that they actually do run faster and scientifically why.

https://www.livescience.com/10716-scientists-theorize-black-athletes-run-fastest.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/nov/26/johnarlidge.theobserver
Thanks for sharing, but call me unconvinced. Their research certainly didn’t confirm anything like OP claimed, and drew very limited conclusions. It’s gonna take a hell of a lot more research, which few universities have shown an interest in, to advance such a theory.

There’s also been a lot of reference in sports journalism about “natural talent” and “physical gifts” not so subtly aimed at discounting Black athletes’ hard work. Anyway, little off topic here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Thanks for sharing, but call me unconvinced. Their research certainly didn’t confirm anything like OP claimed, and drew very limited conclusions. It’s gonna take a hell of a lot more research, which few universities have shown an interest in, to advance such a theory.

There’s also been a lot of reference in sports journalism about “natural talent” and “physical gifts” not so subtly aimed at discounting Black athletes’ hard work. Anyway, little off topic here.

OP was off the mark a bit just as stuff like your second parapgraph, but there are a couple of physical differences that can be traced to race that might give you an upside in certain sports. Then again there's even individual differences, like Phelps basically being a human dolphin with his broad shoulders, long arms and big hands - guy was born to swim and not every white male human looks like him.

Jackie_Treehorn

OP was off the mark a bit just as stuff like your second parapgraph, but there are a couple of physical differences that can be traced to race that might give you an upside in certain sports. Then again there's even individual differences, like Phelps basically being a human dolphin with his broad shoulders, long arms and big hands - guy was born to swim and not every white male human looks like him.
Yes that last part about people like Phelps is part of my point.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

“I had my holidays and came back to Arsenal and because of the situation, I trained as an individual. I knew already that a few clubs would be interested in me and I might leave Arsenal.

“That was a good time to leave. They didn’t see me as the future anymore and the manager had different plans as well.

“It was sad when I left the training ground but I spent four and a half years at Arsenal. I joined them at 17 so I was only a kid but I leave there as a man."

Bielik, who can play as a centre-back or a defensive midfielder, joins Derby for 9.5M pounds.

I am upset that we sell someone so valuable and talented, who can play across the backline and defensive midfield, while keeping a flake like Doozi, who cant attack or defend, and pretty much screwed up our midfield last season with his mediocrity.

note: thats my opinion of Mr. Doozi, and you dont have to agree.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
“I had my holidays and came back to Arsenal and because of the situation, I trained as an individual. I knew already that a few clubs would be interested in me and I might leave Arsenal.

“That was a good time to leave. They didn’t see me as the future anymore and the manager had different plans as well.

“It was sad when I left the training ground but I spent four and a half years at Arsenal. I joined them at 17 so I was only a kid but I leave there as a man."

Bielik, who can play as a centre-back or a defensive midfielder, joins Derby for 9.5M pounds.

I am upset that we sell someone so valuable and talented, who can play across the backline and defensive midfield, while keeping a flake like Doozi, who cant attack or defend, and pretty much screwed up our midfield last season with his mediocrity.

note: thats my opinion of Mr. Doozi, and you dont have to agree.

Cool

Steps

I really don't understand the hate for this kid. Bit rough around the edges, but still only 20 years old and last year was his first in the Prem. Had moments of brilliance last year. Needs to mature a bit as a player, and I would like to see him have more presence on the ball, but the way some of you act you'd think he shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch. Give him some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom